Earl Watson could be on trade block soon...

Earl Watson could be on trade block soon...

Postby L8KERS4LIFE on Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:28 am

Earl Watson could be on trade block soon (Tacoma News Tribune)
Posted by Frank Hughes @ 08:15:10 pm
I have been told by league sources that if things dont change soon with Earl, Rick Sund is going to actively start trying to trade him. Some folks think he already is on the block but I have not had that confirmed. I think the Sonics are thinking two things: We dont need the aggravation from a guy who is shooting only 30 percent, and he is going to be playing behind Luke for the next four years, which isnt going to change, so let's get rid of him now and avoid future disasters. Secondly, I get the feeling that Bob Hill really wants to play Mickael Gelabale but can't because Earl and Damien Wilkins need to get their minutes. If they deal Earl, Damien slides to the 2 and Gelabale can back up Rashard and develop, and he is not going to complain like Earl has. Clearly, Earl wants out. That is no secret. He thought he would get a shot at the starting spot, and he thinks it was pre-ordained that Luke was going to start (and it may have been). Earl probably thinks if he makes enough noise it will force Seattle's hand, and that may be the case. If you look around the league, the teams that could use a point guard are the Lakers (I'm hearing Phil Jackson doesnt like Smush Parker and Jordan Farmar is too small), Toronto (always in need even though they signed tiny TJ Ford to a long-term deal), Cleveland, Miami (GP is starting and recently got benched)and Memphis (Kyle Lowry is out for the year with a broken wrist and Earl played there before and seemed to like it). Earl is particularly close with Jerry West.

Who would you trade to get him?I think he would help the Lakers.
L8KERS4LIFE

Postby Anthracit3 on Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:53 am

No doubt he can help us but who can we trade for Watson? Next years first rounder and Farmar or Vujacic. Smush will not be included in the deal because of his history with Bob Hill.
Anthracit3

Postby Jr. Kobe on Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:19 am

Watson
Kobe
Luke/Radman
Odom
Bynum

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
THOUSANDS OF TURKISH LAKERS FANS (OVER 16k)
LOS ANGELES LAKERS TURKEY: www.LakersTR.com
ALSO CHECK THIS OUT PLEASE!!! - THANKS
Jr. Kobe

Postby Danny Ainge on Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:45 am

Watson for Smush, McKie/Mihm, future second round pick.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby badboyhoward on Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:45 am

he is small also he is not the big guard that phil likes.
badboyhoward

Postby Weezy on Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:14 pm

Danny Ainge wrote:Watson for Smush, McKie/Mihm, future second round pick.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Anthracit3 on Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:48 pm

Weezy wrote:

Like I said, why would the Sonics agree to pick up smush when the coach does not like him. Bob Hill hurt smushes chances of being a high first round choice. Acquiring smush does not make sense to an already volatile player coach relationships in seattle.
Anthracit3

Postby Weezy on Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:50 pm

Anthracit3 wrote:
Weezy wrote:

Like I said, why would the Sonics agree to pick up smush when the coach does not like him. Bob Hill hurt smushes chances of being a high first round choice. Acquiring smush does not make sense to an already volatile player coach relationships in seattle.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Well, send them Mckie, Shammond, Mihm, Sasha, or Cook or all of them.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Anthracit3 on Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:55 pm

I think they could have used Cook without his new contract. Why did he sign him so fast? They still might want him though. A big man that can shoot ala Sam Perkins and Vlad Rad.
Anthracit3

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas