Fair trade with Philly that works for both team.

Fair trade with Philly that works for both team.

Postby The-Legend on Wed May 02, 2007 7:15 pm

I say we do the following trade:

Philadelphia Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Andre Miller
6-2 PG from Utah
13.4 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 7.8 apg in 37.0 minutes
Kyle Korver
6-6 SF from Creighton
14.4 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 1.4 apg in 31.0 minutes
Incoming
Lamar Odom
6-10 PF from Rhode Island
15.9 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 39.3 minutes
Change in team outlook: -11.9 ppg, +1.9 rpg, and -4.4 apg.

L.A. Lakers Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Lamar Odom
6-10 PF from Rhode Island
15.9 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 39.3 minutes
Incoming
Andre Miller
6-2 PG from Utah
13.4 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 7.8 apg in 37.0 minutes
Kyle Korver
6-6 SF from Creighton
14.4 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 1.4 apg in 31.0 minutes
Change in team outlook: +11.9 ppg, -1.9 rpg, and +4.4 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to Philadelphia and L.A. Lakers being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Philadelphia and L.A. Lakers had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Plus we will get Philly's #12 pick in the first round....

We would get the big point guard in Andre...the perfect complement to Kobe .

Also we get the dead-eye shooter in Korver who is perfect for the kick out from Kobe.

Philly gets a all-star(in the East) in Lamar who will go great alongside a young Sam Dalembert, plus AI gets another versatile player who will give them a double- double every night.

With the extra first round pick from Philly, we pick up Al Thorton pf/sf or Thadeus Young sf

With our pick at #19 we get Javaris Crittenton pg, or Josh McRoberts PF, or Tiago Splitter.

Our line up next year:

PG: Andre Miller/Farmar
SG: Kobe/whoever else
SF: Korver/Luke/evans/Radmanovic
PF: Mihm/Al Thorton/Tiago Splitter
C: Kwame/Bynum

That team has flexibility, outside shooters, and hustlers. Plus we can package our 2 second round picks for a future 1st round or another player. If you look at the teams in the play-off you need at least 2 deadly shooters from 3 and athletic, quick PF.

It would be nice to pick up another veteran PF, but I think if nobody gets seriously hurt next year like this year and we have the season to gel as a team, then this could be the best young team in the league (like this years baby Bulls).

Thoughts?
The-Legend

Postby Klewfish on Wed May 02, 2007 7:25 pm

Ehhh maybe. I'd probably say no tho.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator

Postby The-Legend on Wed May 02, 2007 7:33 pm

We could pick up a vet like Mcdyess from Pistons or Najera from Nuggets, both are unrestricted fre agents. Wow, if we can do this I think we can infuse alot of energy, hustle and excitement into this team. As I watch the Phoenix series, that is what we are lacking. We just cannot match the athleticism of the SUNS.
The-Legend

Postby KB24 on Wed May 02, 2007 7:59 pm

thats a terrible idea....you don´t trade big for small...we are already a horrible rebounding and defensive team.

You trade Odom for Korver and Miller and we are undoubtedly the worst.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby East_LA on Thu May 03, 2007 1:08 am

That is a horrible deal for the Lakers. We pick up a spot up shooter and a decent PG and lose a triple double machine with height to play the 4.
RIP Chick Hearn.
East_LA

Postby Mac on Thu May 03, 2007 8:38 am

Man that would be fun to watch: Andre throwing oops to Kobe, Kobe driving and kicking out to Kyle for three's, BUT, I still would prefer a big. Hence J'Neal, or the "ticket".
Mac

Postby bb7793 on Thu May 03, 2007 10:37 am

I would only do the deal if we could get:

a) another team involved to get us another player, preferably a big
b) We toss in Cook and they throw in Bobby Jones and Louis Williams
C) We re-sign and trade Mihm or Radman and include him to get Dalembert

Possible roster

PG-Miller/Farmar/Williams
SG - Kobe/evans/Sasha
SF- Luke/Korver/draft pick
PF- Turiaf/Dalembert/Draft pick
C-Kwame/Bynum/Draft pick
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"i was gonna rip his heart out, im the best ever. im the most brutal, viscious, and most ruthless champion theres every been. my style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, im just furocious i want your heart, i want to eat his children. Praise Be To ALLAH!!"

- Mike Tyson
bb7793

Postby The-Legend on Thu May 03, 2007 3:35 pm

For those who say we need to get a big man back in return for Odom, got to realize that in order to get a quality big back ie. JO or Garnett...we need to give up not only Odom but also another player or two (possibly Bynum/Kwame). I think that is too much to give up.

Whereas if we trade with Philly and get their #12 pick, we can pick up a young stud like Thornton. Plus with our pick another big like Tiago or McRoberts.

You got to understand, that Phil is not going to give up half the roster to get another superstar so unless KG demands a trade only to the lakers, can we possibly get away with given away scrubs in return for him.

Korver doesn't really need to learn too much of the triangle...All he has to do is float out to the wing for the three.

Everybody on this board has said that one of our biggest need is a PG. We get that in Andre, and if need be pick up Javaris Crittenton with our #19. That would give us a solid 3 guard rotation.

My whole point is, we need to get a deeper bench who are athletic and can give us a consistent 25-30 ppg.

Imagne a starting line up of: Second Team: Reserve:

PG: Andre PG: Farmar PG:Crittenton
SG: Kobe SG: Evans SG: Sasha
SF: korver SF: Luke SF: Matt (FA)
PF: Thorton PF: Turiaf PF: Mihm
C: Kwame C: Bynum C: Mikki (FA)

You can see we don't lose too much with the second team. We will still have Luke to initiate the 2nd team. And we still have enough guys remaining that can teach the new guys about the triangle and not lose too much of the flow. You can't blow the team up totally and with the trade of Odom you become competitive without starting from ground zero.

I would really like to pick up Matt Barnes from GS and Mikki Moore from the Nets. They are hustle players who knows that they are role players. Kobe can still elevate these guys and he will have more confidence that the new guys will make the outside shots.
The-Legend

Postby LakersChamps04 on Thu May 03, 2007 5:22 pm

WAIT...WAIT WAIT....WAIT A SECOND....you're trying to tell me....trade Odom....for Korver and Miller?...i feel like im taking crazy pills...what is this...amateur hour...haha...that is a horrible idea!!!
LakersChamps04

Postby The-Legend on Fri May 04, 2007 3:51 am

I think the Suns and now the Warriors prove you don't need the typical Big SF/PF to win...you just need a guy who hustles on defense and can shoot the light out on offense.

Stephen Jackson is 6'6 and shawn Marion is 6'7. They took on guys 6'10 and 7'0, and did really well against them. What do they have in common? They are both athletic and can shoot the 3.

I am really impressed in Matt Barnes from GS. He is 6'7 and had a break out year this year and he is going to get better. He is a free agent this year, and I think we should make a serious push for him.

Top this all off with Odom will probably get scoped on his knees and will have shoulder surgery. So if Philly is a willing trade partner, and we can get two solid players in Korver and Miller plus their #12 pick in return for a solid SF/PF in Odom, then I say we will improve our team.

Especially with the #12 pick, I think Thorton or Young could be special players in the league.

I know lots of guys want the big trade for JO or KG, but that won't happen this year. So we are relegated to making solid lesser trades to improve our team.

So if you can come up with another trade to improve our team without the usual JO/KG trade scenario...I would really like to hear it.
The-Legend

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas