Farmar/Morrison for Devin Harris

Farmar/Morrison for Devin Harris

Postby LAKEROC on Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:27 am

It works under the CBA agreement. It gives New Jersey even more cap room to sign a bigtime free agent next year. This gives the Lakers a quick point guard. New Jersey is approaching an NBA record for worst start in NBA history, and may want to start tinking with pieces since. New Jersey and the Lakers are on opposite confernces, so they would be likely to do this. Yes, it adds a significant amount of payroll to the Lakers, but Dr. Buss has stated yesterday that he will pay, "whatever it takes to get a championship caliber team". Harris' lightning quick speed and 6-3 height could really help the Lakers' weakest area of point guard, while learning the ropes from veteran Derek Fisher.

So what do you think...would you do it, and could the Lkers get this deal done?

To New Jersey:
G-Jordan Farmar
F-Adam Morrison

To Lakers
G-Devin Harris

I think that while that would add even more $$$$ to our payroll and put us into the stratosphere level of the luxury tax. Its is plausible for a number of reasons.
LAKEROC

Re: Farmar/Morrison for Devin Harris

Postby therealdeal on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:25 am

The stuff that you smoke must be really expensive.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Satan on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:49 am

Lakeroc was telling me how his parent's are going to give Jerry Buss the money to pay Harris's salary. He heard about it from Kobe when they were having a BBQ at the mansion. Jesus then confirmed it in a visitation to Lakeroc.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby LAKEROC on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:20 am

Its not that unrealistic, especially if we had a 1st rounder. Look at their payroll, and look at all those expenive contracts(i.e. Bobby simmons) who are coming off the books this year. Morrison and Farmar would be over 27M off their books....a significant amount of money. The only expensive contract left on their roster....Devin Harris. He does have a history of being lithe and injury prone. New Jersey is going for the all-time worst record ever. Its only a matter of time before the coach is fired, the team implodes and the make some changes.
For all those saying, "wow...what are you smoking...I want some". We did get Pau Gasol for expiring contracts, and honestly...its not that different. Kwame was a super stud player, who never fully realized his potential(i.e. Morrison). Crittenton was a young point guard who was erratic and times but showed flashes of brillance(i.e. Farmar). They want to clear cap sapce. They know if they dump Harris, that will probably give them enough cap room to sign 2 MAX deals next deal, plus our first rounder that we give them in the Harris deal, plus their top 4 pick from them sucking so badly this year.
Harris has 2 years left on his deal after this one. He has no targets, and is forcing shots, and his percentage is going down the toilet. If on the lakers, Hrris would absolutely thrive like no other, with tragets like Kobe, Artest, Odom, Bynum and Gasol. He would thrive with us. Morrison would really get some serious minugtes on the Nets who would be looking for anything to jump start them. H could be one of their go-to- guys, and Farmar would have the opportunity to really be a leader on the court, with Harris being shipped out for cap reasons.

PG-Fisher/Harris/Brown
SG-Bryant/Vujacic
SF-Artest/Walton
PF-Gasol/Odom/Powell
C-Bynum/Mbenga

There is no way Harris would come in here this year and start with Fisher's knowledge of the triangle and his competitive spirit. Jackson would not allow it. So, Harris and Odom would be coming off the bench for the 2nd unit if we did this....WOW!!!!!!! :man4: :man13:
LAKEROC

Postby therealdeal on Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:38 am

Actually I take that back, even weed wouldn't make you that delusional man. Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Larry14r on Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:36 pm

LAKEROC wrote:Its not that unrealistic, especially if we had a 1st rounder. Look at their payroll, and look at all those expenive contracts(i.e. Bobby simmons) who are coming off the books this year. Morrison and Farmar would be over 27M off their books....a significant amount of money. The only expensive contract left on their roster....Devin Harris. He does have a history of being lithe and injury prone. New Jersey is going for the all-time worst record ever. Its only a matter of time before the coach is fired, the team implodes and the make some changes.
For all those saying, "wow...what are you smoking...I want some". We did get Pau Gasol for expiring contracts, and honestly...its not that different. Kwame was a super stud player, who never fully realized his potential(i.e. Morrison). Crittenton was a young point guard who was erratic and times but showed flashes of brillance(i.e. Farmar). They want to clear cap sapce. They know if they dump Harris, that will probably give them enough cap room to sign 2 MAX deals next deal, plus our first rounder that we give them in the Harris deal, plus their top 4 pick from them sucking so badly this year.
Harris has 2 years left on his deal after this one. He has no targets, and is forcing shots, and his percentage is going down the toilet. If on the lakers, Hrris would absolutely thrive like no other, with tragets like Kobe, Artest, Odom, Bynum and Gasol. He would thrive with us. Morrison would really get some serious minugtes on the Nets who would be looking for anything to jump start them. H could be one of their go-to- guys, and Farmar would have the opportunity to really be a leader on the court, with Harris being shipped out for cap reasons.

PG-Fisher/Harris/Brown
SG-Bryant/Vujacic
SF-Artest/Walton
PF-Gasol/Odom/Powell
C-Bynum/Mbenga
There is no way Harris would come in here this year and start with Fisher's knowledge of the triangle and his competitive spirit. Jackson would not allow it. So, Harris and Odom would be coming off the bench for the 2nd unit if we did this....WOW!!!!!!! :man4: :man13:

I got one better Farmar, Morrison, and a trade x for Harris and Jarvis Hayes because we need depth at SF (With Walton out) as well as a PG.

PG-Fisher/Harris
SG-Bryant/Brown/Vujacic
SF-Artest/Hayes/Walton
PF-Gasol/Odom/Powell
C-Bynum/Mbenga

Even though this deal won't happen it is a nice thought though.
Larry14r

Postby SignPippenNow on Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:16 pm

Yeah while we are at it can we trade Sasha and DJ and Josh Powell for Dwight Howard. Gabe Pruitt and Joe Crawford for Lebron and we are set for awhile
SignPippenNow

Postby Biz on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:11 pm

LOL.
Biz

Postby LAKEROC on Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:01 pm

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Trade works!!! I see no reason why they wouldn't do this, if we threw in a first rounder this year with the expiring contratcs of Morrison/Farmar. Let's send this to Mitch and have him work on it. Give them our 1st rounder this year as well

New Jersey would then be able to afford 2 top tier free agents, 2 first round draft picks, along with their already great pieces of Brook Lopez and Terrance Williams. Let Harris go, its not fair to have him on that loser of a team. He has to much heart and pride to be there.
LAKEROC

Postby from714to402 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:10 pm

It works! Let's do it!

:freak2:
from714to402

Postby LAKEROC on Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:49 pm

Your trade is just dumb on many account. Lets pick it apart now shall we

1. Who the hell wants Sashas contract? Sure, maybe 2007-2008 Sasha, but 2009-2010/...no way in hell. He has a number of years remianing, so this defeats the purpose of a trade with the Cavaliers, who want cap space

2. LeBron aint going anywhere. He is a conerstone player...I.e. Kobe Bryant, and will only leave via free-agency. So this point is moot as well

3. Derek Fisher, while an expiring contract, is not going anywhere. He has too much expereince in the trinagle experience, and the Lakers are not going to let their best veteran leader in the backcourt just leave. Sure, if Cleveland came knocking and offerd james...of course, LA would do it.

New Jersey wants cap space. Harris is freakin' expensive. He is 8M a year for the next 3 years I believe. They can bring in Morrison/Farmar, have those contracts run out after this year, along with the radioactive contract of Bobby Simmons and Tony Battie, not to mention Rafer Alston coming off the books. You add Morrison and Farmar to that mix, and the Nets would have enough to sign 2 MAX players this summer if they dumped Harris to us for Farmar and Morrison.

Meaning they could get a James/Bosh combo, to go alongside Terrance Williams and Brook Lopez. You add their #1 pick this year, which they could get John Wall from Kentucky, and New Jersey doesn't look so bad next year does it

John Wall
LeBron James
Terrance Williams
Chris Bosh
Brook Lopez

Incredible starting 5, and a guaranteed playoff team next year!!!
LAKEROC

Postby TT24 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:57 pm

Any why would the Nets REALLY want to do this? They are set at PG. They just need better peices around Devin and Brooke.
TT24

Postby from714to402 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:01 pm

LAKEROC wrote:Your trade is just dumb

Oh the irony.
from714to402

Postby LAKEROC on Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:47 pm

I know I'm majorly in the minority here, but what I wouldn't give to add Corey Brewer and Ricky Rubio to this team, while dumping the expiring contracts of Ego Ears and Adam Morrison. Hell, I'll give Minnesota both for Rubio. I think Rubio will, when all is said will be the best point guard from this draft class. Yes, even better than Brandon Jennings.
LAKEROC

Postby wallangong on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:58 pm

LAKEROC wrote:Your trade is just dumb on many account. Lets pick it apart now shall we

1. Who the hell wants Sashas contract? Sure, maybe 2007-2008 Sasha, but 2009-2010/...no way in hell. He has a number of years remianing, so this defeats the purpose of a trade with the Cavaliers, who want cap space

2. LeBron aint going anywhere. He is a conerstone player...I.e. Kobe Bryant, and will only leave via free-agency. So this point is moot as well

3. Derek Fisher, while an expiring contract, is not going anywhere. He has too much expereince in the trinagle experience, and the Lakers are not going to let their best veteran leader in the backcourt just leave. Sure, if Cleveland came knocking and offerd james...of course, LA would do it.

New Jersey wants cap space. Harris is freakin' expensive. He is 8M a year for the next 3 years I believe. They can bring in Morrison/Farmar, have those contracts run out after this year, along with the radioactive contract of Bobby Simmons and Tony Battie, not to mention Rafer Alston coming off the books. You add Morrison and Farmar to that mix, and the Nets would have enough to sign 2 MAX players this summer if they dumped Harris to us for Farmar and Morrison.

Meaning they could get a James/Bosh combo, to go alongside Terrance Williams and Brook Lopez. You add their #1 pick this year, which they could get John Wall from Kentucky, and New Jersey doesn't look so bad next year does it

John Wall
LeBron James
Terrance Williams
Chris Bosh
Brook Lopez

Incredible starting 5, and a guaranteed playoff team next year!!!

why did you take the time to pick apart his trade idea? he was clearly joking and you pretty much just proved his point.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:08 pm

This thread is gold.

The trade ideas aren't.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby -G- on Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:06 pm

I like my trade. A 3-way deal between us, Golden State and OKC.

Durant, Green, Westbrook, Curry, Randolph coming to LA
Luke, Sasha, Farmar to OKC
Morrison to GS

I think this is a good trade for all because we get youth, while also giving OKC and GS veteran players with championship experience. We could also add 1st rounders if that's what it takes to get this done.
-G-

Postby LAKEROC on Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:13 pm

G- Your attempt at humor was not even funny.
LAKEROC

Postby Dr Dr Jeckyl on Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:24 pm

Not sure how I avoided the "trade rumors" portion of this site all this time. Some classic stuff here.
Dr. Dr. Jeckyl
Dr Dr Jeckyl

Postby -G- on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:38 pm

LAKEROC wrote:G- Your attempt at humor was not even funny.

Humor? Who's trying to be funny? This is serious business. And I think that trade gives us the best chance to win while also being fair.
-G-

Postby crazylakerfanforlife on Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:07 pm

crazylakerfanforlife

Postby LAKEROC on Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:14 pm

Dear Santa Claus,

I know you are real. I have always believed in you. I would like for Christmas to get rid of the dead weight of Adam Morrison and Jordan Farmar. In return, I would like you to bring us Corey Brewer and Ricky Rubio from Minnesota. I won't ask for anything for another 5 years if you can do this big fella. Thanks again, and hope the old lady is doing well.

LakerOC
LAKEROC

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas