Farmar/Morrison/trade exceptions/2 1sts for Brewer/Rubio

Farmar/Morrison/trade exceptions/2 1sts for Brewer/Rubio

Postby LAKEROC on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:29 pm

We've got our good buddy Kurt Rambis running the show in Minnesota. I'm sure he could pull a Jerry West move or influence it. He's a Laker through and through, and could help us out. If Kurt ever did this for us, I want a statue in his honor at Staples.

To Minnesota
PG-Jordan Farmar(expiring)
SF-Adam Morrison(expiring)
Vladamir Radmanovic trade exception
Chris Mihm trade exception
1st round pick in 2011
1st round pick in 2013

To Lakers
PG-Ricky Rubio
SF-Corey Brewer

Please find a way to help us out Kurt. I want Rubio so damn badly,and Brewer would thrive in our system. Please make it happen my friend. :jam2:
LAKEROC

Re: Farmar/Morrison/trade exceptions/2 1sts for Brewer/Rubio

Postby Larry14r on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:19 pm

LAKEROC wrote:We've got our good buddy Kurt Rambis running the show in Minnesota. I'm sure he could pull a Jerry West move or influence it. He's a Laker through and through, and could help us out. If Kurt ever did this for us, I want a statue in his honor at Staples.

To Minnesota
PG-Jordan Farmar(expiring)
SF-Adam Morrison(expiring)
Vladamir Radmanovic trade exception
Chris Mihm trade exception
1st round pick in 2011
1st round pick in 2013

To Lakers
PG-Ricky Rubio
SF-Corey Brewer

Please find a way to help us out Kurt. I want Rubio so damn badly,and Brewer would thrive in our system. Please make it happen my friend. :jam2:

Ok two questions 1. does Rubio fit into our team because one of the things we are looking for is a PG who can shoot and defend, and 2. Are we ready to give the keys to the PG spot to a rookie.
Larry14r

Postby LAKEROC on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:44 pm

lakerswiz wrote:I don't want to have to hate a player on our team.

Don't tell your one of those..."I hate Rubio guys". I know it can't be Brewer, because he's a real nice guy that is a very team orinted player. Kobe tends to disagree with you in regards to Rubio. He thinks Rubio is an incrdible talent, and I agree. The guy was 18 years old, and I loved the way he leads. He's got a air of confidence about him that is extremly rare. Rubio is VERY mature for his age, and his defense is stellar. He also wants to get others involved, and enjoys seeing others around him succed as a result of his passing and playmaking. The guy is a flat out winner. You can have Brandon Jennings, I still want the kid right now if you gave me that choice.

Brewer is a very good defender whose game would rise considerably playing in our system.

Also understand that Rubio can't come here til 2011, unless someone ponies up the 9M to have him get let out before then. He still would only be 20 years old, and would have 7 years of professional expereince under his belt as a rookie. We have to try and see if Kurt can help us out.
LAKEROC

Postby LAKEROC on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:50 pm

Rubio's shooting is ok from the outside, but his defense is stellar. he also has that "Pau Quality" about him, in the sense that he can be a star, but doesn't need to be. His personality and game are extremly unselfish(unlike ballhog Farmar). Getting this guy and Brewer would be a godsend and would propel that Lakers to an even more elite level....if thats even possible.

Please get Pretty Ricky and Pudding for the Lakers :jam2:
LAKEROC

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas