NO GARNETT TRADE!!

!!!

Postby wavy on Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:00 pm

why do u think caron is untachable, he will never be an all-star caliber. the day caro makes the all-star i will go to the moon and take back to the earth some cheese. give caron and anybody ellse for KG. of course KG is not a tim duncan but he is a great PF and we could really need him.
wavy

Re: !!!

Postby KB24 on Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:12 pm

wavy wrote:why do u think caron is untachable, he will never be an all-star caliber. the day caro makes the all-star i will go to the moon and take back to the earth some cheese. give caron and anybody ellse for KG. of course KG is not a tim duncan but he is a great PF and we could really need him.

The next one to trap in :jam2:
I´m glad :jam2:
BSPN or ESPN? :man12: :man10: :man10: :man10:
I got new candidates :man12:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Re: !!!

Postby DMK on Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:05 pm

wavy wrote:why do u think caron is untachable, he will never be an all-star caliber. the day caro makes the all-star i will go to the moon and take back to the earth some cheese. give caron and anybody ellse for KG. of course KG is not a tim duncan but he is a great PF and we could really need him.

It would either take a mitch cupcrack type GM in minnesota, or alot better talent to pull KG from minne....not just caron and someone else :man7:

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby maddprophet on Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:53 pm

One thing thats failed to be mentioned about kg is his desire to win. he's been the man in minny and it got him out the 1st round once. the guy is hungry, and i think he would do whatever is neccessary to win at this point. it can't be about the $ w/ him anymore. he'll be content coming to KOBE'S TEAM, and working with him to win championships. now the only way it gets done if we eat the contracts of wally, hudson, and who knows who else, candyman? they got contracts to dump, but getting kg, if possible, must be done. dude is as motivated as there is in the nba.

sorry if my posting skills are not up to par, i just eat, breathe, and live lakers.
maddprophet

Postby maddprophet on Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:11 pm

not to mention in terms of caron, he's the best trade bait we have. he's still under a rookie contract. teams would kill to have him at that price, and we can get alot in return. as good as he was to end the year, i don't see a scenario that puts him in the purple and gold next year. as sad as that may be for some. have faith, we'll do the right thing.
maddprophet

Postby Guest on Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:14 pm

KB8@CL wrote:
VerbalMilk wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:
GuRu wrote:Is thread about how we shouldnt give up caron to get KG?

wow....

Does that mean you would give up Caron :man2: :disagree: :mad1: :bang: :man7:
Caron is Paul Pirece in the making and a future all-star. You can´t trade him for an aging loser like KG. He has done nothing in the league for his team and only cares about personal accolades. Caron has GREAT chemistry with Kobe and we know Kobe love him. Trade Lamar for someone but Butler is UNTOUCHABLE. Thats obvious and Kobe oops the GM won´t let anyone to trade Caron. :man12:

How old are you?

The first one to get caught in the trap of my sarcasm :jam2: :man10:
I was tricking more than obvious :man3: How could you :bang:

This place is filled with little kids and people that don't know what they're talking about so posts like that happen every 13 seconds LOL!...saracasm is an acquired talent and especially after they know who you are.

Postby Guest on Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:15 pm

maddprophet wrote:One thing thats failed to be mentioned about kg is his desire to win. he's been the man in minny and it got him out the 1st round once. the guy is hungry, and i think he would do whatever is neccessary to win at this point. it can't be about the $ w/ him anymore. he'll be content coming to KOBE'S TEAM, and working with him to win championships. now the only way it gets done if we eat the contracts of wally, hudson, and who knows who else, candyman? they got contracts to dump, but getting kg, if possible, must be done. dude is as motivated as there is in the nba.

sorry if my posting skills are not up to par, i just eat, breathe, and live lakers.

Welcome to the fold, bro.

Postby maddprophet on Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:22 pm

gracias milk
Spark the ism, my expertism, is lyricism, my flow will take you over, like I was hypnotism..so where's the lighter....
maddprophet

i got another question foya!!

Postby LOUIE04 on Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:49 pm

now yes many of u think that KG is the best choice but dont u guys think that hes getting old?!? :man4: I mean he will probably end up retiring from frustration!! maybe we should consider Boozer!!! :man1:
LOUIE04

Postby stigmaXXL on Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:24 pm

in all honesty i can see coron being a nice 18ppg guy. hes closer to pippen and micheal than lamar. lamar hasa fatter contract for kg to balance...

felton
kobe
caron
kg
mihm.

i dunno if this would work capwise...

but sickk....
stigmaXXL

Re: i got another question foya!!

Postby farhan810 on Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:45 pm

LOUIE04 wrote:now yes many of u think that KG is the best choice but dont u guys think that hes getting old?!? :man4: I mean he will probably end up retiring from frustration!! maybe we should consider Boozer!!! :man1:

I think his frustration is the only chance he'll end up on another team. As for him getting old, I know his numbers are about the same as he has had for the last two seasons. Besides, he's also only 2 years older than Kobe Bryant so it can't be too bad. :man12:

As for him actually coming to the Lakers, hell will freeze over first.
farhan810

Postby crucifido on Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:42 pm

Guru said:
Is thread about how we shouldnt give up caron to get KG?

wow....

LOL - that's what I thought too Guru.

If it were to happen (all "pipe dream" and "never happen" stuff aside), giving up anything to pair Kobe with Garnett would be fine with me.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Raposao on Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:42 pm

Ah? Caron you guys really want to give a average player 5 to 7 mil a year?
His rookie contract is up by the end of this new season, we need to trade him for a good pick on this years draft
Raposao

Postby stigmaXXL on Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:26 am

caron is worth 5-7 for sure.
stigmaXXL

Postby Raposao on Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:30 am

And you think that is good to forget about the FAs of 2007? Our cap will be smaller :(
Raposao

Postby crucifido on Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:56 pm

Once Amare signs his extension with the Suns (and it is bound to happen) Yao will be the only impact free agent available for the Lakers.

The chances of him coming here are gettiung slimmer with every stride they make in Houston (which lately have been big). If everything lined up prefectly and the basketball gods smiled on the Lakers, there would be NO WAY to turn down a proposed deal to bring Garnett here.

There's just too many positives about it if it were to ever happen.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Guest on Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:58 pm

crucifido wrote:Once Amare signs his extension with the Suns (and it is bound to happen) Yao will be the only impact free agent available for the Lakers.

The chances of him coming here are gettiung slimmer with every stride they make in Houston (which lately have been big). If everything lined up prefectly and the basketball gods smiled on the Lakers, there would be NO WAY to turn down a proposed deal to bring Garnett here.

There's just too many positives about it if it were to ever happen.

Yao would be a waste of money. Period. Yao = No heart. No heart = No titles.

Postby crucifido on Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:03 pm

Just saying tyhat out of the free agenmts in that year, Yao would be the only one I believe the Lakers would consider bringing on board.

That being said, Yao is still really young. And in regards to the NBA game, even younger. Give him 2 more seasons and he'll be where he needs to be physically. Mentally though, I have yet to see that necessary fire for a championship caliber player.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby JSM on Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:38 pm

the only chance we had at getting Yao, left the second Rudy T stepped down.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby DMK on Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:57 pm

Unless Yao gets a mean streak and some more upper body weight....forget about it.

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby eNlight on Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:12 am

crucifido wrote:Just saying tyhat out of the free agenmts in that year, Yao would be the only one I believe the Lakers would consider bringing on board.

That being said, Yao is still really young. And in regards to the NBA game, even younger. Give him 2 more seasons and he'll be where he needs to be physically. Mentally though, I have yet to see that necessary fire for a championship caliber player.

since im from a chinese family, and being only 15, my mom reads the chinese newspapers all the time. yao ming is like a major topic, and that Yao coming to LA wouldn't be that hard. He likes the asian culture in LA, and he'll feel right at home. Houston is kind of weird for him, and he didn't really like it when everyone started leaving like mo taylor, tyronne l, etc. Yao coming to LA isn't impossible.
eNlight

Postby KB24 on Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:43 am

eNlight wrote:
crucifido wrote:Just saying tyhat out of the free agenmts in that year, Yao would be the only one I believe the Lakers would consider bringing on board.

since im from a chinese family, and being only 15, my mom reads the chinese newspapers all the time. yao ming is like a major topic, and that Yao coming to LA wouldn't be that hard. He likes the asian culture in LA, and he'll feel right at home. Houston is kind of weird for him, and he didn't really like it when everyone started leaving like mo taylor, tyronne l, etc. Yao coming to LA isn't impossible.

I hope the Lakers are not interested in Yao. He is far away from being worth a maximum contract. Yao is one of the most overrated all-stars.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

no yao

Postby wavy on Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:48 am

yao is a good player, but he's not the kind of players that will bring back to LA the glory that had brought kobe and shaq and the show timers. he's just to weak.
wavy

Postby eNlight on Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:28 pm

i agree, i wouldn't want Yao in LA. he has a horrible attitude to his work ethics.
eNlight

Postby nosebleedbum on Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:43 pm

i agree, i wouldn't want Yao in LA. he has a horrible attitude to his work ethics.

I don't see this? Give some examples. He doesn't train? He doesn't work on his games? How do you justify his lack of work ethics.
nosebleedbum

PreviousNext

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas