NO GARNETT TRADE!!

NO GARNETT TRADE!!

Postby LOUIE04 on Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:21 am

HEY GUYS: HEY CHECK IT OUT THAT GARNETT TRADE WILL NOT BE GOOD FOR US AT ALL UNLESS WE'RE GETTING RID OF SUCKY,GERORGE,OR DIVAC THAT WOULD BE AN OKAY TRADE BUT WHY GIVE AWAY A PLAYER LIKE CARON WHO IS JUST DEVELOPING AND GETTING USED TO PLAYING WITH KOBE A GOOD TEACHER!! CARON SHOULD STAY!! THE GARNETT TRADE WOULD BE ASKING FOR TOOOOOO MUCH NOT EVEN THAT SHAQ TRADE ASKED FOR TOO MUCH!! GARNETT TRADE ALSO INVOLVES #1 RND. DRAFT PICK NO THANX WE NEED THAT TO GET A PG(FELTON) OR C (PETRO I THINK!? :man3: )!
LOUIE04

Postby jminges on Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:40 am

I agree with you. We'd definitely be giving up way too much. But as the insider info. out of New Jersey (which initially the article was about a pipe dream of Kidd with Garnett). Caron, Lamar and Chucky were the only three starters that would match Kevin's salary. Truthfully, I would love to have Kevin play here, but I'd like to keep Lamar at small forward so we can contend with Kobe and Kevin on the team.
jminges

Postby quitkthanx on Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:02 am

Nice first post and thanks for putting it in the trade rumors section... way to go.
quitkthanx

Re: NO GARNETT TRADE!!

Postby Guest on Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:10 am

LOUIE04 wrote:HEY GUYS: HEY CHECK IT OUT THAT GARNETT TRADE WILL NOT BE GOOD FOR US AT ALL UNLESS WE'RE GETTING RID OF SUCKY,GERORGE,OR DIVAC THAT WOULD BE AN OKAY TRADE BUT WHY GIVE AWAY A PLAYER LIKE CARON WHO IS JUST DEVELOPING AND GETTING USED TO PLAYING WITH KOBE A GOOD TEACHER!! CARON SHOULD STAY!! THE GARNETT TRADE WOULD BE ASKING FOR TOOOOOO MUCH NOT EVEN THAT SHAQ TRADE ASKED FOR TOO MUCH!! GARNETT TRADE ALSO INVOLVES #1 RND. DRAFT PICK NO THANX WE NEED THAT TO GET A PG(FELTON) OR C (PETRO I THINK!? :man3: )!

:man10: Sounds suspicious. ShaqFan is that you

Postby stigmaXXL on Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:55 am

yes nice first post, just dont use all caps next time..

-me
stigmaXXL

Postby KB24 on Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:08 am

wingnut wrote:
LOUIE04 wrote:HEY GUYS: HEY CHECK IT OUT THAT GARNETT TRADE WILL NOT BE GOOD FOR US AT ALL UNLESS WE'RE GETTING RID OF SUCKY,GERORGE,OR DIVAC THAT WOULD BE AN OKAY TRADE BUT WHY GIVE AWAY A PLAYER LIKE CARON WHO IS JUST DEVELOPING AND GETTING USED TO PLAYING WITH KOBE A GOOD TEACHER!! CARON SHOULD STAY!! THE GARNETT TRADE WOULD BE ASKING FOR TOOOOOO MUCH NOT EVEN THAT SHAQ TRADE ASKED FOR TOO MUCH!! GARNETT TRADE ALSO INVOLVES #1 RND. DRAFT PICK NO THANX WE NEED THAT TO GET A PG(FELTON) OR C (PETRO I THINK!? :man3: )!

Ya piling up another alias :man10: Caron for KG too much? :man10: :man10: :man10: LMAO. He want us to trade George, Divac or Sucky for him :freak2: and EVEN THEN it would be an okay trade. Can somebody pinch me? :freak2:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Guest on Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:32 am

If you can get the most skilled big man of all time paired with one of the greatest SGs of all time. MAKE THAT MOVE. Period.

KG and Kobe together would be a seamless transition back to Laker glory due to the fact that they are already buddies and they both know what being the goat while trying to be the G.O.A.T. feels like.

Postby The Laker Link on Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:40 am

wingnut wrote:

Yeah...giving up Butler for KG...WOULD BE THE SMARTEST THING IN THE WORLD. Yeah he is developing and I will give credit to his game but...IT'S KG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KG and KOBE...ON ONE TEAM...TOGETHER...AND NOT IN THE ALL STAR GAME...THAT'S LIKE THE MOST UNSTOPPABLE AND UNBELIEVEABLE FORCE KNOWN TO MAN. Whoever they'd want...I'd give...but I'd try to save Odom for Phil's sake but come on...KG AND KOBE ON THE LAKERS....THAT'S THE NUTTIEST THING THAT I'D LOVE TO WATCH...THAT HAS MAJOR 3-PEAT (and maybe beyond) WRITTEN ALL OVER IT...GO FOR KG...MITCH DO WHAT THEY ASK FOR KG...SAVE ODOM BY ALL MEANS BUT GET KG...... :ball1:
The Laker Link

Postby Laker Jam on Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:43 am

VerbalMilk wrote:If you can get the most skilled big man of all time paired with one of the greatest SGs of all time. MAKE THAT MOVE. Period.

KG and Kobe together would be a seamless transition back to Laker glory due to the fact that they are already buddies and they both know what being the goat while trying to be the G.O.A.T. feels like.

I'd throw in whomever we have not named Kobe Bryant, if I had to to get Garnet. That said, let's not be ridiculous and say KG is the most skilled big man of all time - he's FAAAAARRR from that. His post game is woefully inadequate and he has a long way to go to learn dominate footwork in the paint. His back to the basket game also needs more versatility to it, as right now he just uses basic moves (but since he's SO long, those moves are unstoppable). Tim Duncan is far more "skilled" than KG. However, KG brings so much versatility - he can rebound, dish, dribble, shoot - that it makes him ferocious out there.

A pairing of Kobe and KG is championships caliber and, therefore, worth far more than Lamar and Caron (and that's that I LOVE those 2 guys).
Laker Jam

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:40 am

Firstly welcome to clublakers! Hope you'll enjoy stay in clublakers and will have a good time! :man12:
Good idea! :jam2:
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby KB24 on Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:46 am

The Kobe Era 2K5 wrote:

Firstly welcome to clublakers! Hope you'll enjoy stay in clublakers and will have a good time! :man12:
Good idea! :jam2:

I understand your polite attitude but calling that a good idea is a bit freaky :freak2: :freak2:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Guest on Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:09 pm

Laker Jam wrote:
VerbalMilk wrote: That said, let's not be ridiculous and say KG is the most skilled big man of all time - he's FAAAAARRR from that. His post game is woefully inadequate and he has a long way to go to learn dominate footwork in the paint. His back to the basket game also needs more versatility to it, as right now he just uses basic moves (but since he's SO long, those moves are unstoppable). Tim Duncan is far more "skilled" than KG. However, KG brings so much versatility - he can rebound, dish, dribble, shoot - that it makes him ferocious out there.

A pairing of Kobe and KG is championships caliber and, therefore, worth far more than Lamar and Caron (and that's that I LOVE those 2 guys).

Well, let's look at it: Name a big man with ALL these skills and or better than the skills KG has:

Name a better ball handling Big Man than KG?
Name a better scoring Big Man than KG? (Meaning not just be able to shoot, but be able to get to the rim)
Name a better rebounding Big Man than KG?
Name a better passing Big Man than KG?
Name a better defending Big Man than KG?
Name a better shotblocking Big Man than KG?
Name a Big Man with better footwork than KG?
Name a quicker Big Man than KG?
Name a Big Man that averaged 20pts/10rebs/5assts for 7 straight years like KG did?

Now, after you've done ALL of that, if you've actually come up with better Big Men than KG in any of those categories, how many of them have ALL of those attributes like KG? No one.

Duncan is the most fundamentally sound Big Man of all time, but overall skills (Ball handling, scoring, rebounding, defense, passing, athleticism) no one matches up with KG. Dude is a freak and he revolutionized the PF spot: Big Men with guard-like skills and adeptness.

You can talk about his post game all you want...if that's the biggest knock skill-wise on him, he's STILL ahead of the rest of the Big Men in the other categories.

Postby KB24 on Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:13 pm

VerbalMilk wrote:
Laker Jam wrote:
VerbalMilk wrote: That said, let's not be ridiculous and say KG is the most skilled big man of all time - he's FAAAAARRR from that. His post game is woefully inadequate and he has a long way to go to learn dominate footwork in the paint. His back to the basket game also needs more versatility to it, as right now he just uses basic moves (but since he's SO long, those moves are unstoppable). Tim Duncan is far more "skilled" than KG. However, KG brings so much versatility - he can rebound, dish, dribble, shoot - that it makes him ferocious out there.

Well, let's look at it: Name a big man with ALL these skills and or better than the skills KG has:

Name a better scoring Big Man than KG? (Meaning not just be able to shoot, but be able to get to the rim)
Name a Big Man that averaged 20pts/10rebs/5assts for 7 straight years like KG did?

Now, after you've done ALL of that, if you've actually come up with better Big Men than KG in any of those categories, how many of them have ALL of those attributes like KG? No one.

Duncan is the most fundamentally sound Big Man of all time, but overall skills (Ball handling, scoring, rebounding, defense, passing, athleticism) no one matches up with KG. Dude is a freak and he revolutionized the PF spot: Big Men with guard-like skills and adeptness.

You can talk about his post game all you want...if that's the biggest knock skill-wise on him, he's STILL ahead of the rest of the Big Men in the other categories.

Amare is quicker than KG and a MUCH better scorer.
Ben is a better defender
There are better defenders than KG and there are quicker guys than KG and even shot blocking guys and scorers but KG is a combination of everything on a high level.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Guest on Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:19 pm

KB8@CL wrote:
VerbalMilk wrote:
Laker Jam wrote:

Ben is a better defender
There are better defenders than KG and there are quicker guys than KG and even shot blocking guys and scorers but KG is a combination of everything on a high level.

-- Amare isn't quicker, trust me. And Amare's skills are NO WHERE NEAR KG's skills. Period.

-- Ben is a better Defender, but can Ben handle the rock like KG? Can Ben Pass like KG? Can Ben score like KG? Nope.

--And for argument sake, let's say Amare is quicker than KG... Other than Amare, name another Big Man quicker than KG?

Postby KB24 on Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:31 pm

VerbalMilk wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:
VerbalMilk wrote:
Laker Jam wrote:

Ben is a better defender

-- Amare isn't quicker, trust me. And Amare's skills are NO WHERE NEAR KG's skills. Period.

-- Ben is a better Defender, but can Ben handle the rock like KG? Can Ben Pass like KG? Can Ben score like KG? Nope.

--And for argument sake, let's say Amare is quicker than KG... Other than Amare, name another Big Man quicker than KG?

Did you read my post? No matter if Amare is quicker or not KG is better. I would take Duncan over KG because Duncan has rings, KG don´t, KG didn´t have any success in his carrier with his team and he is a perimeter player while Duncan is a paint monster.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Guest on Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:36 pm

KB8@CL wrote:
VerbalMilk wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:
VerbalMilk wrote:
Laker Jam wrote:

Ben is a better defender

Did you read my post? No matter if Amare is quicker or not KG is better. I would take Duncan over KG because Duncan has rings, KG don´t, KG didn´t have any success in his carrier with his team and he is a perimeter player while Duncan is a paint monster.

Uh...when did this become "Who would you pick, KG or Duncan?" debate? I simply said that KG was more skilled than Duncan.

And Tim has ZERO TITLES without D Rob doing the dirty work and keeping the opposing big men off Timmy. People underestimate what D Rob brought to the Spurs, some believe the Spurs titles were all Tim's doing and D Rob just sat there and smiled throughout the titles.

Give KG another Hall of Famer like Tim and every other title winner in history (Minus Hakeem's 94 Rockets) and KG would have some titles too.

Postby Lakers Insider on Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:06 pm

i would trade anyone but kobe in the lakers current roster to get kg

If lakers have the chance to do it (which wont) than DO it.

KG + KB = automatic play-offs
Lakers Insider

Postby Alleyhoops on Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:45 pm

LOUIE04: Take a minute to read the "ground rules" in this forum before you spew. Also, there's already a Kevin Garnett topic in this forum. Just add your post to it. Posting a new topic and screaming in all caps won't get you the kind of attention you want. Welcome to CL but DO NOT LITTER THE PLACE. Yeah, I shouted.
Alleyhoops

Postby GuRu on Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:10 pm

Is thread about how we shouldnt give up caron to get KG?

wow....
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby kobe_the_truth on Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:11 pm

lol i give evrybody except kobe for kg look what happen with the heat evryone said they was giving up way too much look at them now..cmon guys if u get the chance to get kg go for it ,cmon kobe plus kg , this would be a great combo plus kg is what the only nba player leftout there that likes kobe..
if it takes 7player to get him ill go for it
and if we do sign him then alot of players would want to play for the lakers .. we would be a step away from a championship team but once we get him.. sign some role players just like the heat did ,, then c how the team is during the season and after c what our weekness is then we sign players the next ofseason to adjust with kg and the kobster
kobe_the_truth

Postby DMK on Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:09 pm

wingnut wrote:

Took the words right off my keyboard, Wing :man10:

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

U KNOW WHAT?!?

Postby LOUIE04 on Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:18 pm

AFTER I THINK ABOUT IT WE SHOULD TRADE ANYONE FOR GARNETT!! NOW THE BIG QUESTION IS WILL THE T'WOLVES TRADE HIM?!!? IT WOULD BE A GOOD STABLE TEAM!! THAT WOULD ALSO ADD DEFENSE SOMETHING WE DIDNT HAVE AT ALL!! :man12:
LOUIE04

Postby KB24 on Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:07 am

GuRu wrote:Is thread about how we shouldnt give up caron to get KG?

wow....

Does that mean you would give up Caron :man2: :disagree: :mad1: :bang: :man7:
Caron is Paul Pirece in the making and a future all-star. You can´t trade him for an aging loser like KG. He has done nothing in the league for his team and only cares about personal accolades. Caron has GREAT chemistry with Kobe and we know Kobe love him. Trade Lamar for someone but Butler is UNTOUCHABLE. Thats obvious and Kobe oops the GM won´t let anyone to trade Caron. :man12:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Guest on Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:40 pm

KB8@CL wrote:

wow....

Caron is Paul Pirece in the making and a future all-star. You can´t trade him for an aging loser like KG. He has done nothing in the league for his team and only cares about personal accolades. Caron has GREAT chemistry with Kobe and we know Kobe love him. Trade Lamar for someone but Butler is UNTOUCHABLE. Thats obvious and Kobe oops the GM won´t let anyone to trade Caron. :man12:

How old are you?

Postby KB24 on Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:50 pm

VerbalMilk wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:

wow....

How old are you?

The first one to get caught in the trap of my sarcasm :jam2: :man10:
I was tricking more than obvious :man3: How could you :bang:

KB24
Site Admin

Next

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas