if we get GA,JR & D12, will that be enough to beat the Heat?

if we get GA,JR & D12, will that be enough to beat the Heat?

Postby rockorego on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:18 am

I'm not sure adding all three pieces will be enough to beat them. however it might be just enough to beat the clips. actually it may even be good enough for us to get out of the west. but can't see us beating the super friends or anybody else for that matter.
rockorego

Re: if we get GA,JR & D12, will that be enough to beat the Heat?

Postby The Laker Link on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:24 am

I think, and i know this is crazier than Brittney Spears, but if that suggested trade idea of D12/Scola/Jameer, plus Agent 0 and JR......THEN, we might have enough.

I think it would be interesting

Things are getting interesting and heating up.....so I hope everything works out and we have a good team as we go into the playoffs.

We did that once.....just ask Pau.
The Laker Link

Postby venturalakersfan on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:24 am

Sure. In the mythical world where we get all 3, the Heat will suck.
"Just to be safe, 5% of Americans bring their passports when traveling to New Mexico."
- David Letterman
venturalakersfan

Postby Doberman on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:45 am

If Fisher gets zero minutes, we can beat the Heat as we are.
Doberman

Postby lakers_09tv on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:52 am

No. We would also need a point guard.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby lakers_09tv on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:53 am

Doberman wrote:If Fisher gets zero minutes, we can beat the Heat as we are.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOo
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby Finwë on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:32 pm

I think we don't need that many changes in personel to beat the Heat if we were to get to the finals. I think our struggles have a lot to do with system issues (players aren't confortable in the new system yet) and with the effort they play with(which I expect to be much higher during the playoffs).
I think if we could add another scorer off the bench, a PG who can defend, handle the ball and distribute, solidify the rotations (which will help solve the system issues) and play with confidence and effort we could beat them on a 7 games series.

The heat are playing great, but the finals are a completely different thing from the regular season. Mental toughness and experience become just as important as raw talent. The paint game also becomes huge. In those categories, the lakers should be superior.
LeBron is playing insane, but he has been known to struggle when the stakes are highest, just look at his 4th quarter performances during last years finals. I believe MWP will prove his true value guarding LeBron (and Barnes isn't a bad defender either).

Also, part of the Heat's great play of late has come from some role players or unexpected scorers like Chalmers, Norris Cole, Joel Anthony (playing great D), Haslem (avg 8 rebounds and playing amazing D), Mike Miller, etcetera. I think that when the stakes are higher some of those players won't be able to produce like they are producing now. Do you expect Cole, a rookie, to hit everything like he's hitting now during the NBA finals? I don't. Chalmers will cool off from 3. Mike Miller is shooting like 50% from 3, that won't last deep into the playoffs. I think our guys are more experienced and more accustomed to the big stage and the bright lights than some of those players, and that can be big during the series.

I think it comes down to:
FO: get a PG who can defend, distribute and penetrate. Get another scorer off the bench.
Coach: solidify rotations. implement the system effectively.
Players:
-playing with relentless effort (especially on D)
-rebounding the ball (also impacted by the level of effort)
-taking care of the ball (limit turnovers, can't let them run out)
-closing out on their 3pt shooters
-letting MWP and Barnes do their thing on LeBron
-attacking the paint with Bynum and Gasol (Bynum can dominate their bigs, and Gasol should do a better job on Bosh)
-setting up sound plays in crunch time for Kobe to close games like he knows how to do.

If we can do all that, we can beat anybody
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby rockorego on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:53 pm

biggestkobefanever wrote:I think we don't need that many changes in personel to beat the Heat if we were to get to the finals. I think our struggles have a lot to do with system issues (players aren't confortable in the new system yet) and with the effort they play with(which I expect to be much higher during the playoffs).
I think if we could add another scorer off the bench, a PG who can defend, handle the ball and distribute, solidify the rotations (which will help solve the system issues) and play with confidence and effort we could beat them on a 7 games series.

The heat are playing great, but the finals are a completely different thing from the regular season. Mental toughness and experience become just as important as raw talent. The paint game also becomes huge. In those categories, the lakers should be superior.
LeBron is playing insane, but he has been known to struggle when the stakes are highest, just look at his 4th quarter performances during last years finals. I believe MWP will prove his true value guarding LeBron (and Barnes isn't a bad defender either).

Also, part of the Heat's great play of late has come from some role players or unexpected scorers like Chalmers, Norris Cole, Joel Anthony (playing great D), Haslem (avg 8 rebounds and playing amazing D), Mike Miller, etcetera. I think that when the stakes are higher some of those players won't be able to produce like they are producing now. Do you expect Cole, a rookie, to hit everything like he's hitting now during the NBA finals? I don't. Chalmers will cool off from 3. Mike Miller is shooting like 50% from 3, that won't last deep into the playoffs. I think our guys are more experienced and more accustomed to the big stage and the bright lights than some of those players, and that can be big during the series.

I think it comes down to:
FO: get a PG who can defend, distribute and penetrate. Get another scorer off the bench.
Coach: solidify rotations. implement the system effectively.
Players:
-playing with relentless effort (especially on D)
-rebounding the ball (also impacted by the level of effort)
-taking care of the ball (limit turnovers, can't let them run out)
-closing out on their 3pt shooters
-letting MWP and Barnes do their thing on LeBron
-attacking the paint with Bynum and Gasol (Bynum can dominate their bigs, and Gasol should do a better job on Bosh)
-setting up sound plays in crunch time for Kobe to close games like he knows how to do.

If we can do all that, we can beat anybody

well said :bow: :bow: :bow:
rockorego

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas