Get the Best Bench in the League. GSW Trade.

Get the Best Bench in the League. GSW Trade.

Postby Ubershorty on Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:49 pm

Lakers Trade: Sasha Vujacic, Luke Walton, Adam Morrison, Derek Fisher

Warriors Trade: Corey Maggette, Jamal Crawford

From a talent standpoint the Warriors would never do this, but they have said that they really want to get rid of Crawford and Maggette. They would get Fisher's and Morrison's expiring contract. And a shooter that would be perfect for the GSW's system. and Luke could be a facilitator on a team full of ballhogs. Jamal Crawford could play the point too. The Lakers could just sign a PG this offseason if they didn't want Crawford as the PG since the trade would have to happen in the offseason anyway.
Ubershorty

Re: Get the Best Bench in the League. GSW Trade.

Postby from714to402 on Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:03 pm

Hey, you're back.

No.
from714to402

Postby therealdeal on Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:33 pm

Holy crap Batman, hell no.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Congo Cash on Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:25 pm

Jamal & Corey = dumb and dumber
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby koolkobe on Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:48 am

Corey Maggette is a ballhog, every time he touches the ball, he'll shoot it 9 times out of 10.

I wouldn't mind Crawford but the only reason the want to move him and Maggette is for cap, and Luke+Sasha dont help their cap problem at all
koolkobe

Postby chahal-24 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:30 pm

therealdeal wrote:Holy crap Batman, hell no.

hahhaha :jam2:
chahal-24

Postby d.carter4kobe on Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:18 pm

Doubtful the Lakers take on any money..We will be trying to shed contracts/money not take on more..Thats to bad tho..We will have close to 15mill in exp. k to go along with our 29th pick and trade exceptions(1.8mill and 2.5mill)

Also in any potential Fisher trade it would have to be an agreement that the team receving him would buy him out allowing him to return to LA

The player that GS has that could somewhat be a decent fit with us is S.Jax at the 3 if we would be able to control him..GS is an interesting team, they have a lot of vets they could be looking to deal but their contracts are all bloated(S.Jax,Crawford,Mags)..They would prob. tag along a young player or two in the mold of Belleni or Randolph or Wright(Turiaf)

S.Jax/Crawford/Ronny for Morrison/Fish*/Sasha/Farmar/29..
Use Trade exceptions to acqurie Randolph and/or Belinelli..
A trade like that like that could save GS over 50million but also cost a extra 50mill..Thats why it would be a long shot..Just making the point the Lakers will be in a position to be buyers but due to $$$ they will most likely keep the same team
d.carter4kobe

Postby TT24 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:29 pm

Wow.............
TT24

Postby lakurluv on Sat May 30, 2009 3:00 pm

I actually was hoping we could grab Maggette. When I heard that they were willing to cut ties with Crawford, I truly thought he would be good coming off the bench for us or even a starter to replace fish. I've since had second thoughts!

When you think about it, I believe with this core group we have about three more runs in us, including this one, and if we win the Title this year possibly one more convincing win with Phil at the healm. After that Kobe will begin to slide down, Fish will be gone, Pau will be looking to re-up, Lamar (if here) will be starting to lose a step and the young guys will be in need of a new leader and future all-star. If Bynum is still around he might be the focus, with a future supporting cast of Ariza, Farmar, Brown. We will need to start looking for someone who could step in for Ocho X's 3. I don't think Crawford or Maggette are good picks, because I think they both need the ball in their hands too much, and I don't know what type of offense we will be running 2 -3 years from now.

I'm sour on this idea although at first thought, it seemed like a good one based on the fact of their athletic ability and confidence on the offensive side of the ball, but every where else is questionable????
lakurluv

Postby KobeFoThree on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:37 pm

Ubershorty wrote:Lakers Trade: Sasha Vujacic, Luke Walton, Adam Morrison, Derek Fisher

Warriors Trade: Corey Maggette, Jamal Crawford

From a talent standpoint the Warriors would never do this, but they have said that they really want to get rid of Crawford and Maggette. They would get Fisher's and Morrison's expiring contract. And a shooter that would be perfect for the GSW's system. and Luke could be a facilitator on a team full of ballhogs. Jamal Crawford could play the point too. The Lakers could just sign a PG this offseason if they didn't want Crawford as the PG since the trade would have to happen in the offseason anyway.

for two matador chuckers? NO THANKS!
8 + 24 > 23 + 6
KobeFoThree

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas