Getting a disgruntled allstar?

Postby Xepa on Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:47 pm

nameant wrote:That would suck if it was francis. the guy is selfish, careless, and clueless. no doubt he has talent....but the lakers need a REAL point guard. a play maker...not turnover maker. steve is a shoot first PG and wouldnt work well in the triangle. he is also too passionate and gets into a lot of trouble. and what happens at the end of the game...when kobe is supposed to take the big shot and steve decides to dribble out the clock and take a bad shot? lakers need a PG who is pass first but can also knock down the open shot...b/c in the triangle..the PG is designed to get a lot of open 3's. ask kerr, paxson, fish, and payton (and his airballs)...

p.s. i am new to this board

On the contrary, having Steve would be perfect because he is a shoot first point guard. Alleviating his playmaking duties and handing it over to Odom reductes Steve to just another shooter or offensive threat which is what we need for the triangle.

p.s. I can tell by the ammoung of post :man9:

Team FARMAR.
alleon86, The Bynum Supremacy, Barnstable, Massacre, nicehair911, melo061, Chicano, Kwame's Cake, lizlakers31, KobeBryant583, popo, C-mac 4.35, dj vitus, M4mb4 24
Xepa

NO NO NO !!!

Postby LOUIE04 on Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:49 pm

If anyone i believe for some reason that it would have to be Ron Artest hes a disgruntled star and i had heard a while back that indiana was interested in trading him!! :man1: I know this is a big argument to back up so im gonna try to find that source and get back to u guys on that!! :man12: I got a question has anyone heard about Derek Fisher wanting to come back to L.A.?!?! :man3:
LOUIE04

Postby X-tacy(ScArab) on Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:01 pm

IF we Got PAul it would have to be a sighn and trade. Also To get any of these players we would have to give up Butler so we would not be that saturated in the 2 and 3 because lets face it, Cook, JJ, Walton, and not good enough to start. Also we are looking to give up George so a 3 would not be a bad pickup.

Also hill is a $ so we could get him and move Lamar to the 3.

Felton/Jack
Kobe
Lamar
Hill
Mihm
X-tacy(ScArab)

Postby Sirron on Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:12 pm

abeer3 wrote:crucifido is on point, i think. important piece of info: phil is reluctant. gotta be steve francis. not a phil type player, but he's a big-time talent who's unhappy where he's at (and i'm not so sure they like him, either). i'd be a little nervous about a francis acquisition. it's a gamble. could work out great (as in best-backcourt-in-basketball great), or it could be a spectacular failure. i'd rather trade the package for boozer, personally.

Not sure I like the idea of Francis. Doesn't he like handling the ball too much. We already have someone with that problem. I think they would have to package someone other than Butler though. I think we need him for another deal, or may keep him.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby Sirron on Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:14 pm

abeer3 wrote:
sirronstuff wrote:at first I though C-Webb, but now you guys have me thinking magloire. Haven't seen him play much, but NO doesn't see to be the place to be right now.

why would phil be reluctant to take magloire? he'd be a nice fit in la.

I think he might be too. I've heard good things about him, but just haven't seen him play much. I don't think he is happy in New Orleans either.
Sirron

Re: NO NO NO !!!

Postby Sirron on Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:19 pm

LOUIE04 wrote:If anyone i believe for some reason that it would have to be Ron Artest hes a disgruntled star and i had heard a while back that indiana was interested in trading him!! :man1: I know this is a big argument to back up so im gonna try to find that source and get back to u guys on that!! :man12: I got a question has anyone heard about Derek Fisher wanting to come back to L.A.?!?! :man3:

Now that could be a pickup,but i don't think it will ever happen.
Sirron

Postby Sirron on Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:20 pm

When is Francis' contract up?
Sirron

Postby Sirron on Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:26 pm

BleedPurple&Gold wrote:Philly and Boston made the playoffs, can't be PP, Webber, or Walker.

Steve francis was talked about a while back so its possible that those reports were correct all along and it really is steve. wouldn't mind that, but i def. think we should somehow get a big (stro, kwamie, some1). Also, no way to move up in the draft if we trade caron for francis. that means no paul. I personally would prefer to do a trade for #4 and mags and get paul. we'd be set as a franchise even after kobe retires. anyway... could be BRAND also... if i were on the clips i be pretty disgruntled and id be wishing i was still in LA except in purple and gold rather than blue and red.

I don't think there is a prayer of getting Brand. Even if he was unhappy, he is to much of a professional to say anything. They should be a playoff team next year too.
Sirron

Postby Coville on Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:28 pm

its most likely the francis.

steve francis
kobe bryant
lamar odom
lotto pick
chris mihm

not bad.
Coville

Postby LOUIE04 on Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:05 pm

I believe that we will get Chris Paul who must be a pretty amazing athlete if espn is comparing him to Isaiah Thomas!! He would be a good role player in the triangle and a very good play maker!! :man12: check it out:
Paul/Vujacic/Brown
Kobe/ ?
Odom/Walton
Grant/?
Mihm/Divac/Draft Pick
LOUIE04

Postby LOUIE04 on Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:10 pm

as good as it sounds im still not behind Francis coming to LA we'd be better off developing a Rookie Like CHRIS PAUL OR FELTON at #4!!!! AND A STRONG CENTER LIKE PETRO WHICH im 75% he will slip to the 10th!!!plus Francis is a high payed all star which is not mentally right for the triangle!!! :man7:
LOUIE04

Postby LakersChamps04 on Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:08 pm

my god!!!!! :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
hes not necessarily a 2005 all star...he is a current or PAST all start!!!
LakersChamps04

Postby MGX on Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:27 pm

If it's not about Jermaine O'Neal or Magloire, then Phil is right: don't touch it, we need nothing to do with any of that.
LAKER NATION!
RAIDER NATION!

STAND UP!
MGX

Postby Danny Ainge on Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:36 pm

I wonder if Jamaal Magloire is disgruntled?
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Danny Ainge on Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:37 pm

Danny Ainge wrote:I wonder if Jamaal Magloire is disgruntled?

Image Looks pretty upset to me
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby KB24 on Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:59 am

I don´t see anyone from the all-star team but maybe all-star caliber
Hill? NO WAY
Webber? NO WAY
KG and Bron? BEYOND NO WAY
Francis? maybe
Boozer? maybe
Ziggy? I hope not.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Mark McNamara on Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:07 am

LOUIE04 wrote:as good as it sounds im still not behind Francis coming to LA we'd be better off developing a Rookie Like CHRIS PAUL OR FELTON at #4!!!! AND A STRONG CENTER LIKE PETRO WHICH im 75% he will slip to the 10th!!!plus Francis is a high payed all star which is not mentally right for the triangle!!! :man7:

Phil has said he would like to use Odom as the initiator on offense, so he will bring the ball up most of the time. So if we get Francis he would just be another SOLID scoring option for us. Although his D is not the greatest, he is more than quick enough to hang with the Parker's, Bibby's, etc....besides, his D would be a major upgrade over what we have now. And if it came down to it, Francis has proven he can carry a team, he can dominate his position at times, he attacks the rim with the best of them, he has proven to be clutch.....the list goes on, he's "star" material. If we can get him in a reasonable trade, I think he's worth the risk.
Mark McNamara

Postby High IQ on Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:45 am

what about Artest? any chance? :man3:
High IQ

Postby Sirron on Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:57 am

I have a hard time thinking anyone is going to help us by giving us an all star. We are going to have to wow them. Can't wait to find out who it is.
Sirron

Postby Mark McNamara on Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:17 am

sirronstuff wrote:I have a hard time thinking anyone is going to help us by giving us an all star. We are going to have to wow them. Can't wait to find out who it is.

True. Weisbrod might have done it, but now he's gone.
Mark McNamara

Postby dj vitus on Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:31 am

Caron and the #10 is not worth KG.. but what about Caron, Grant's expiring contract, the #10, and two more 1st round picks. Hmm...
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby wavy on Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:07 am

can we do caron, grant's expiring contract, george or divac and #10 for KG.
wavy

Postby GuRu on Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:02 am

bigsleepy wrote:
Caron1 wrote:my guess is Steve Francis

I agree. The most likely suspect, the scenario in Orlando is a bad fit..

i fear you are right
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby Kingsama on Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:14 am

Danny Ainge wrote:
Danny Ainge wrote:I wonder if Jamaal Magloire is disgruntled?

Image Looks pretty upset to me

IIRC part of the rumor is that Mitch really wants the player, but phil is hesitant about it. Why would phil be hesitant about mags???
Kingsama

Postby silversyphon41 on Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:18 am

maglorie fits in perfectly! a low banger in the post and someone to rebound! he's also all-star material, so he's no slapdash, temporary refill. i think he'd fit in well, and does he had a mid-range jumper? :man3:
KOBE + BYNUM & TURIAF + GOOD PG = SELL OUT CROWD! BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS LA!
silversyphon41

PreviousNext

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas