Giannis Adetocunbo: Nice Prospect

Giannis Adetocunbo: Nice Prospect

Postby Bilbao-LakerMagic on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:09 pm

I talked in 2007 about two young players in this Forum: Serge Ibaka and Ricky Rubio, both are very important players currently in the NBA. With Ricky Rubio was easy to know (he was very talented), but Serge Ibaka is doing great too.

Now I am curious about Giannis Adetocunbo, his size is like "Magic" Johnson (I think taht he plays as playmaker) but his style seems closer to Kevin Durant. He is athletic, good ballhandling (not a big passer) and he can play with both hands.

He will come to Spanish League now, so I will watch his games. Another young player to follow... for Lakers future.

Go Lakers !!
Bilbao-LakerMagic

Re: Giannis Adetocunbo: Nice Prospect

Postby Bilbao-LakerMagic on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:11 pm

And here is the link with some info about him (and a video).

http://www.solobasket.com/contenidos/ca ... omentarios

Go Lakers !!
Bilbao-LakerMagic

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:30 pm

You're lucky I have a test tomorrow, or I would be doing some "research". :man1:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Alcindor on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:10 pm

^ Well the Ibaka/Rubio talk was just Spanish homerism. OP would talk up Smush Parker if he was from Spain. They've posted all kinds of impossible or just bad trade ideas which are just laughers. I remember one for prime KG that was like Odom + Cook + Luke or something.

This should be in Open discussion or trade rumors, nothing to do with the Lakers at all.
Alcindor

Postby Bilbao-LakerMagic on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:19 am

Alcindor wrote:^ Well the Ibaka/Rubio talk was just Spanish homerism. OP would talk up Smush Parker if he was from Spain. They've posted all kinds of impossible or just bad trade ideas which are just laughers. I remember one for prime KG that was like Odom + Cook + Luke or something.

This should be in Open discussion or trade rumors, nothing to do with the Lakers at all.

Partially true...

For sure, this is better in the other section, my fault.

Giannis Adecotunbo is not from Spain either, he is from Greece. (Ibaka from Congo, but he plays with Spain because he got the doble-nationality in 2011, after my old post...). I talked about Tiago Splitter (Argentina) too. For sure, it is easier to me to know a player who plays/played in the Spanish League. I assume that this it is not something bad but...

Yes, in 2005 I wanted KG for the Lakers, we didn't reach the Play-Offs and I said that I would trade for him with any player different that Kobe. I assume that a trade around Lamar Odom was the only possibility for the Lakers (Bynum was not in the Lakers yet).

And sure... maybe I posted a lot of bad ideas and impossible trades... I won't say no. Anyway, you are not my reference to be a Laker fan.

Go Lakers !!
Bilbao-LakerMagic

Postby Bilbao-LakerMagic on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:11 am

Bilbao-LakerMagic wrote:
Alcindor wrote:^ Well the Ibaka/Rubio talk was just Spanish homerism. OP would talk up Smush Parker if he was from Spain. They've posted all kinds of impossible or just bad trade ideas which are just laughers. I remember one for prime KG that was like Odom + Cook + Luke or something.

Partially true...

Giannis Adecotunbo is not from Spain either, he is from Greece. (Ibaka from Congo, but he plays with Spain because he got the doble-nationality in 2011, after my old post...). I talked about Tiago Splitter (Argentina) too. For sure, it is easier to me to know a player who plays/played in the Spanish League. I assume that this it is not something bad but...

Yes, in 2005 I wanted KG for the Lakers, we didn't reach the Play-Offs and I said that I would trade for him with any player different that Kobe. I assume that a trade around Lamar Odom was the only possibility for the Lakers (Bynum was not in the Lakers yet).

And sure... maybe I posted a lot of bad ideas and impossible trades... I won't say no. Anyway, you are not my reference to be a Laker fan.

Go Lakers !!

My terible fault... Tiago Splitter is from Brazil and not from Argentina. I knew it but I wrote it incorrectly. My apologies about that.

Go Lakers !!
Bilbao-LakerMagic

Postby Bilbao-LakerMagic on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:12 am

Bilbao-LakerMagic wrote:

Partially true...

Go Lakers !!

My terrible fault... Tiago Splitter is from Brazil and not from Argentina. I knew it but I wrote it incorrectly. My apologies about that.

Go Lakers !!
Bilbao-LakerMagic

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas