7.6 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 0.9 apg in 24.1 minutes

Incoming

Baron Davis

6-3 PG from UCLA
19.5 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 8.3 apg in 35.3 minutes

Ron Artest

6-7 SF from St. Johns
24.6 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 3.1 apg in 41.6 minutes
Change in team outlook: -7.8 ppg, -13.3 rpg, and +0.5 apg.

Golden State Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Baron Davis

6-3 PG from UCLA
19.5 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 8.3 apg in 35.3 minutes

Incoming

Lamar Odom

6-10 PF from Rhode Island
15.2 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 3.7 apg in 36.3 minutes

Jumaine Jones

6-8 SF from Georgia
7.6 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 0.9 apg in 24.1 minutes
Change in team outlook: +3.3 ppg, +11.5 rpg, and -3.7 apg.

Indiana Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Ron Artest

6-7 SF from St. Johns
24.6 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 3.1 apg in 41.6 minutes

Incoming

Chucky Atkins

5-11 PG from South Florida
13.6 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 4.4 apg in 35.4 minutes

Caron Butler

6-7 SF from Connecticut
15.5 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 35.7 minutes
Change in team outlook: +4.5 ppg, +1.8 rpg, and +3.2 apg.

Successful Scenario

Due to L.A. Lakers, Golden State, and Indiana being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. L.A. Lakers, Golden State, and Indiana had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

We'd also ask for Bender and the 17 and add George,Slava, and a pick to the Indiana trade but realgm wouldn't let me add George to it because he's at his last year or something so then the line-up is:

Mihm
Bender/Grant?
Artest
Kobe
Baron

Bench:

Pick #10
Pick #17
and the rest

oh yeah and this trade might be a little good so then we had some extra money to add to contracts like the MLE and LLE...oh yeah and we wouldn't sign Brown or Bobbit but we wold sign Walton!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by The Laker Link on Sat May 21, 2005 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Laker Link

Postby Coville on Sat May 21, 2005 10:50 pm

I will follow your set up and basically the same set up just different steps :P :P

1. Sign Phil
Rumor is it is a done deal just waiting to make things official.

2. Send George/Slava/#37 for Bender/#17
This rumor has been widely accepted as true, Idiana might do it to clear Bender's contract and get room to sign a free agent.

3. Buy the 19th pick
We have heard the Grizzlies are shopping there pick for cash, knowing West and his ties to the organization, maybe he would be the man looking to help the lakers?

4. Trade Butler/Vlade/Atkins/17th pick for Boozer/#34
Well this would be the big trade to me getting Boozer. I think with Butlers well play at the end of the season and 17th pick warrant's us to get a uphappy Boozer and there second round pick. This would be big for us.

5. Sign Eddie Griffen to lle
Griffen had a good year in Minneasota and I don't think another team is going to be offering him 3.9 mill. He is a formidable shotblocker off the bench and can play defense.

6. Sign Chris Duhon to mle
Duhon is a great defensive point guard who doesn't need to score to play his game. With Chicago needing to resign Chandler/Curry and leaving cap room for hinrich and gordon in the future, they will probably not take a chance signing Duhon to a deal. Plus maybe if we draft Jack, Duhon's cousin, it will give him incentive to play for us.

7. Pick with the 10th pick Jack Jarret
A lot of people say Jack doesn't warrent the tenth pick. I think with the lack of talent in this draft(well not overall, just in the average "lotto talent") we should draft the guy who is a workhorse on the defensive end, is nba ready, and really can play defense which is our biggest problem.

8. With the 19th pick select Randolph Morris
If we do buy the 19th pick, Morris would be an excellent pick up, he is 6 11' 270 center who has good upside. He is compared as the best he could be is Jamall Magloire and the worst is Brendan Haywood. Least to say....Haywood would be a huge upgrade at center for IMO.

9. Select Julius Hodge with the 34th pick; Select Best Talent with the 39th pick.
Hodge is a good talent in the 2nd round, versatile, could fill a spot if someone gets hurt and could be a solid pick up for the future, if he turns out to be 1/2 of what Penny Hardaway was, 100% worth a 2nd round pick.

roster for next year:

Duhon/Jarret
Bryant/Hodge
Odom/Jones
Boozer/Griffen
Mihm/Morris

IR: Grant, Vujajic, 39th pick in draft(best talent)

Not bad, could be a good team.
Coville

Postby trodgers on Sun May 22, 2005 11:00 am

BillaBong wrote:I will follow your set up and basically the same set up just different steps :P :P

1. Sign Phil

This rumor has been widely accepted as true, Idiana might do it to clear Bender's contract and get room to sign a free agent.

3. Buy the 19th pick
We have heard the Grizzlies are shopping there pick for cash, knowing West and his ties to the organization, maybe he would be the man looking to help the lakers?

Well this would be the big trade to me getting Boozer. I think with Butlers well play at the end of the season and 17th pick warrant's us to get a uphappy Boozer and there second round pick. This would be big for us.

Griffen had a good year in Minneasota and I don't think another team is going to be offering him 3.9 mill. He is a formidable shotblocker off the bench and can play defense.

Duhon is a great defensive point guard who doesn't need to score to play his game. With Chicago needing to resign Chandler/Curry and leaving cap room for hinrich and gordon in the future, they will probably not take a chance signing Duhon to a deal. Plus maybe if we draft Jack, Duhon's cousin, it will give him incentive to play for us.

A lot of people say Jack doesn't warrent the tenth pick. I think with the lack of talent in this draft(well not overall, just in the average "lotto talent") we should draft the guy who is a workhorse on the defensive end, is nba ready, and really can play defense which is our biggest problem.

If we do buy the 19th pick, Morris would be an excellent pick up, he is 6 11' 270 center who has good upside. He is compared as the best he could be is Jamall Magloire and the worst is Brendan Haywood. Least to say....Haywood would be a huge upgrade at center for IMO.

9. Select Julius Hodge with the 34th pick; Select Best Talent with the 39th pick.
Hodge is a good talent in the 2nd round, versatile, could fill a spot if someone gets hurt and could be a solid pick up for the future, if he turns out to be 1/2 of what Penny Hardaway was, 100% worth a 2nd round pick.

roster for next year:

Duhon/Jarret
Bryant/Hodge
Odom/Jones
Boozer/Griffen
Mihm/Morris

While some may talk crap about these lines of thought, it's nice to see that we're roughly on the same page. I didn't do the Boozer trade because every source I've seen since the end of the regular season has said that those rumors are false. If we can't get Boozer, then I like the idea of trading up to get Splitter. I also think that Daniels is better than Duhon. If you're using the MLE to get a PG, it had better be a guy we know can start. It's not clear that Duhon is that guy. Daniels has shown it. Even when he doesn't start, he logs heavy minutes and doesn't miss a lot of games. Your lineup is better for a few years at PF, mine better at C. I'd be fine with either lineup. Just one question: where did Bender go? :)
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Coville on Sun May 22, 2005 12:50 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:
BillaBong wrote:I will follow your set up and basically the same set up just different steps :P :P

1. Sign Phil

3. Buy the 19th pick

roster for next year:

Duhon/Jarret
Bryant/Hodge
Odom/Jones
Boozer/Griffen
Mihm/Morris

While some may talk crap about these lines of thought, it's nice to see that we're roughly on the same page. I didn't do the Boozer trade because every source I've seen since the end of the regular season has said that those rumors are false. If we can't get Boozer, then I like the idea of trading up to get Splitter. I also think that Daniels is better than Duhon. If you're using the MLE to get a PG, it had better be a guy we know can start. It's not clear that Duhon is that guy. Daniels has shown it. Even when he doesn't start, he logs heavy minutes and doesn't miss a lot of games. Your lineup is better for a few years at PF, mine better at C. I'd be fine with either lineup. Just one question: where did Bender go? :)

In the last 3 years he has played a total of 73 games.....all because of injuries. what makes you think its going to change when he comes to LA, if he does play and is good, great. but chances are, he will be on the IR with an injury.
Coville

Postby trodgers on Mon May 23, 2005 4:22 pm

BillaBong wrote:
k0pr0phage wrote: Just one question: where did Bender go? :)

In the last 3 years he has played a total of 73 games.....all because of injuries. what makes you think its going to change when he comes to LA, if he does play and is good, great. but chances are, he will be on the IR with an injury.

:man10:

Fair enough.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Still A Dynasty on Wed May 25, 2005 5:16 pm

Sign Phil

LLE-Dooling

MLE-Duhon or Daniels..Duhon will prolly be kept however

Boozer Trade

Bender Trade

Trade Jones, Cook Boston Trade X for Kurt Thomas

Miami Trade X for the 19th

Draft:
Bynum
Jack
Webster
Stoudamire

Resign Lade after release

Resign Walton

Mihm/Bynum/Divac
Boozer/Thomas/Grant
Odom/Walton/Webster
Bryant/Stoudamire/Sasha
Daniels/Dooling/Jack
Still A Dynasty

Postby ckermott on Thu May 26, 2005 8:43 pm

I heard the Bobcats are looking to trade their picks. Perhaps we could trade Lamar and our 10th for the 5th and 13th, a future #1, and Ely. That would give us a lock on Felton. A lock on Petro, who is considered the second best center prospect in the draft. And also Ely would provide a defensive PF.
ckermott

Postby BadNewsBear on Sat May 28, 2005 7:19 am

10th pick
37th pick
Slava

To Utah for
6th pick

We'd be a lock for Felton and Utah could still draft their Euro big man! (Splitter or Vasquez)
BadNewsBear

Postby trodgers on Sat May 28, 2005 8:41 am

BadNewsBear wrote:10th pick
37th pick
Slava

To Utah for
6th pick

We'd be a lock for Felton and Utah could still draft their Euro big man! (Splitter or Vasquez)

That wouldn't be a bad idea, actually. In my proposal above, I had us trading 17 if we got it and the 10 for the 6. I think that this would get rid of Slava, who is overpaid, and move us up in the draft. But then we'd better hope that our picks pan out or we've taken away the miniscule depth we have down low.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby ckermott on Sat May 28, 2005 11:22 am

37th pick
Slava

To Utah for
6th pick

Yeah, I equally like that trade.
ckermott

Postby KB24 on Sat May 28, 2005 11:33 am

ckermott wrote:
37th pick
Slava

To Utah for
6th pick

Yeah, I equally like that trade.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Lakers Insider on Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:43 pm

Some sources told me this might be due to happen

Wizards sign Kwame Brown to a big contract trade him to the Lakers for Devean George and Brian Cook.
Lakers Insider

Postby Guest on Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:06 pm

Lakers Insider wrote:Some sources told me this might be due to happen

Wizards sign Kwame Brown to a big contract trade him to the Lakers for Devean George and Brian Cook.

I said it before, Ill say it again.

"Hes Baaaaack"

Postby q0254 on Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:39 pm

Lakers Insider wrote:
Some sources told me this might be due to happen

I thought Devean would be traded to Indy for Bendy???

R U The GOAT from LG???
q0254

Randolph Morris

Postby UKUGA on Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:32 am

If we are able to draft a guard at #10, and are unable to pull off a trade with Indy, is there any chance that we'd trade both 2nd rounders for someone's first rounder and draft Randolph Morris?

Any chance he slips to the early 2nd round?

What about one of our 2nd rounders, and and expiring contract for a later first rounder?

Also, is there any sense that the Lakers have any interest in this guy?
UKUGA

Postby Danny Ainge on Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:47 pm

I wanna try this looks like fun here is my proposal and this is in no particular order.

-Ok so, we sign Phil

-Pray to god Felton slips to us at 10

-Sign Jaric with the MLE

-do the indy trade(George, Slava for Bender and 17th)*Hell I'd give them Sasha too

-Draft Bynum/Petro and 17

-Sign Jone Barry to LLE

-Trade LO to Denver for K-Mart

-Trade Chucky and Cook to Philly for Marc Jackson.

-In second round take Jawad Williams and Nate Robinson

-Ivite undrafted Chet Mason to camp and sign him

New Lineup
PG: Felton-Jaric-Robinson
SG-Kobe-Jon Barry
SF-Caron-JJ
PF-K-Mart-Bender-Brian Grant
C-Mihm-Jackson

IR: Petro/Bynum
Jawad Williams
(Chet Mason?)
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Guest on Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:50 am

-- Hire Phil

-- Trade Slava and Mihm to Chi for a re-signed Tyson and Pargo

-- Trade Vlade and Butler to Washington for a re-signed Kwame Brown

-- Sign Antonio Daniels for the MLE

Kwame/Tyson/Odom/Kobe/Daniels

Tall, athletic, and long frontline, albeit young. But rebounds galore and blocks galore, interior D. Daniels is 6'4 and that fits PJ's BIG PG love and he's very damn good at hittin' the 3 and his game won't interfere with Kobe's. Pargo comes along for 2 reasons: He knows the triangle and he can keep up with the tiny-speedy PGs out there. With the rest of the picks, round out the team...cuz we all know Phil doesn't play rooks anyway.

Postby nosebleedbum on Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:23 am

DannyAinge wrote:I wanna try this looks like fun here is my proposal and this is in no particular order.....

-Ok so, we sign Phil- Good
-Pray to god Felton slips to us at 10- might work
-Sign Jaric with the MLE- Excellent
-do the indy trade(George, Slava for Bender and 17th)*Hell I'd give them Sasha too- George gone always a positive. a pick. What a deal.
-Draft Bynum/Petro and 17 - don't know.
-Sign Jone Barry to LLE- he wants to stay in houston,
-Trade LO to Denver for K-Mart- BAD, K-mart talks but doesn't back it up. Too short to guard the big boyys.
-Trade Chucky and Cook to Philly for Marc Jackson.- Chucky gone is another 5 -10 wins. Jackson is OK.
-In second round take Jawad Williams and Nate Robinson- okay
-Ivite undrafted Chet Mason to camp and sign him

My take:
- Phil, Brown, or Flip
- Whatever it takes- trade picks/players to move up to get Green. Don't care if we have a gazillion SF. Talent is the name of the game.
- Get Atkins/ George out of here. Whatever we bet back is a plus

Within the salary cap, team goes like this:

PG- Brevin Knight/(Tierre/Sasa- they can take turn on the IR)
SG- Kobe/Jaric/ rook
SF- Jones/Green/Luke
PF- Odom/ Grant/Anderson
C- Vlade/Mihms

Darkhorse: Trade Odom to Milwakee for the rights to the #1. Redd might stay if he sees help immediately. If they lose Redd they're certainly next year's Hornets. Odom compliments Redd very well on a team that lacks passers. He'll be the awesome player he was before he ment kobe. Cap wise. Milwakee is losing over 20 mil in salary. They can give Redd a max contract and take on LO's without giving us much $ in return.
We'll probably pick Bogut. Anything bad that was said previously is okay. Phil expects it.

Very Darkhorse Trade Grant and odom to NY for Houston and Rose and their #8. It's a huge gamble for Buss but if Houston is heatlhy he can compliment kobe far better than Odom. Kobe won't be frustrated by the lack of consistent shooting from cook, DG, atkins, Caron. There isn't a single classy voice of reason on last year's roster. Houston will bring a better presence with his 20 mil salary. If anything it's a cap relief in 2 years and we get out of grant's contract. We can probably get Felton at #8. kobe would like it.
nosebleedbum

Postby Still A Dynasty on Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:30 am

heres something i came up with

Hire Phil

Trade George, Slava, 2006 Second, Charlotte 2007 Second for Bender, 17th

$3 Million Cash for #19

Butler, Vlade, Atkins, Cook, Sasha, #10 for Boozer, Borchardt #6, #27

Draft:
6-Deron Williams or Raymond Felton...IMO Williams will be there
17-Ike Diogu-He might be one fo the best bigs out of this draft
19-Andrew Bynum-Its hard to turn down Mr. Franklin, age limit concern
37-Daniel Ewing-Great pass first PG
39-Salim Stoudamire-Dead Eye shooter, plus he's my boy so yea...

MLE-Kwame Brown
LLE-Tyronn Lue

Brown/Mihm/Bynum
Boozer/Diogu/Grant
Odom/Walton/Bender
Bryant/Jones/Stoudamire
Williams/Lue/Ewing

SCARY LINEUP
Still A Dynasty

Postby bigsleepy on Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:45 am

With Reggie gone....

Butler + for Tinsley + .....

They seem to be disenchanted with their boy...
"Don't ever forget that you play with your soul, as well as your body"
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
bigsleepy
CL Resident bouncer

Location: Oregon ........ (by way of Vallejo & Los Dangerous, California)

Postby Danny Ainge on Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:25 pm

hair canada wrote:OUTGOING
Lamar Odom
Caron Butler

INCOMING
Shawn Marion
Second Round (#57 Pick)

I would do this trade, I'm not sure about the Lakers. I love Butler and Odom brings alot, but Kobe wouldnt let that trade happen. He loves Butler, and they are like best buds now, so that wouldnt happen.

I dunno, just throwing ideas out there???
Danny Ainge

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:12 am

I don't know who posted it a few days ago but I love the proposed Brian Grant for Jalen Rose trade.. Lakers add another clutch player who can start and remove a non-performing liability from the bench... Rose would cost about 2 million more and is obviously overpaid like Grant but their contract ends at the same time.

You could imagine what he would bring here--veteran leadership and poise at the waning moments.. another option at crunch time.. he is perfect player for the triangle.

I'm too lazy to have it trade-checked... but I guess we have to throw in Cook or Slava or some picks to make it more palatable to Toronto.
KareemTheGreat33

Postby bigsleepy on Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:36 am

Damon Stoudemire is very attainable...
"Don't ever forget that you play with your soul, as well as your body"
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
bigsleepy
CL Resident bouncer

Location: Oregon ........ (by way of Vallejo & Los Dangerous, California)

Postby DMK on Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:06 pm

Jalen Rose would be a good addition, he could play PG,SG,SF with any lineup the coach decides to have on the floor at anytime.

I also wouldnt mind having Stoudimire if it would work out, but thats a big IF.

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Danny Ainge on Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:14 pm

Odom and 10th for Boozer, 6th, and Bouchardt.

This is a fair deal, all the way around. Neither side is really getting screwed. We get our interior presence, someone to spot Mihm some minutes, and our boy Felton at the 6th. We trade big contract for big contract. Utah would then sport Odom at the 3 and AK47 at the PF. Also they could go after someone like Jack at 10.

Our lineup

PG- Felton
Sg- Kobe
Sf- Caron (Who might make good trade bait later)
PF- Boozer
C-Mihm

Proposal #2
We deal Caron, our 10th, a future #1 and Mihm to NO for the 4 and Magloire.

Lineup
PG- Paul
Sg- Kobe
Sf- Jumaine Jones
PF- LO
C- MAgloire
Danny Ainge

PreviousNext

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas