Groundless Trade & free agent signing Idea Thread

Postby Still A Dynasty on Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:12 am

Mihm, McKie for Fisher, 9th
9th, 26th for #5 (Atl wants Sheldon, he'll be there at 9)

MLE: Banks
LLE: DeMarr J
Vet Min: Rush
Vet Min: Profit

Cut Green, Jackson

Draft Rudy Gay or Brandon Roy

Kwame/Bynum
Odom/Turiaf/Cook
Gay or Roy/Walton/Profit
Bryant/Johnson/Rush
Banks/Smush/Sasha
User avatar
Still A Dynasty

 
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:06 pm
Location: City of Angels

Postby westcoast21 on Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:43 pm

this is what i think should happen this offseason:

Free Agents:
Marcus Banks
Kareem Rush

Trade With Sacramento:

Lakers Trade:
Lamar Odom
Brian Cook
Von Wafer
#26 Pick

Sacramento Trades:
Ron Artest
Kenny Thomas
#19 Pick

Draft 19th Pick: Rajon Rondo (PG)

07 Lineup:

Kwame/Mihm/Bynum
Thomas/Turiaf
Artest/Walton/George
Bryant/Rush/Vujacic
Banks/Parker/Rondo


Artest is the defensive presence we need and thats the only reason i think we need to let Odom go. Odom can score but artest can score and play defense. i think he is the "Pippen" we are looking for. As for the draft pick Rajan Rondo, i really do not no who else we would draft, maybe Shawne Williams from memphis but Rondo has got all the skills to be a great PG.
Image
User avatar
westcoast21

 
Posts: 3745
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:44 pm
Location: Ariza's Asylum

Postby Klewfish on Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:57 pm

WestCoast21 wrote:this is what i think should happen this offseason:

Free Agents:
Marcus Banks
Kareem Rush

Trade With Sacramento:

Lakers Trade:
Lamar Odom
Brian Cook
Von Wafer
#26 Pick

Sacramento Trades:
Ron Artest
Kenny Thomas
#19 Pick

Draft 19th Pick: Rajon Rondo (PG)

07 Lineup:

Kwame/Mihm/Bynum
Thomas/Turiaf
Artest/Walton/George
Bryant/Rush/Vujacic
Banks/Parker/Rondo


Artest is the defensive presence we need and thats the only reason i think we need to let Odom go. Odom can score but artest can score and play defense. i think he is the "Pippen" we are looking for. As for the draft pick Rajan Rondo, i really do not no who else we would draft, maybe Shawne Williams from memphis but Rondo has got all the skills to be a great PG.


I would then say trade Mihm/George/#19 for Boozer/#14. Sign Profit to the LLE. I also believe if we get rid of Odom, we need a PG that can be an initiator, but for all intensive purposes we'll say Banks can do that. Also not sure I'd draft Rondo.

Banks/Parker/Sasha
Kobe/Rush/Profit
Artest/Luke/JAMES WHITE
Boozer/Turiaf/CEDRIC SIMMONS
Kwame/Bynum

CAPS = DRAFT PICKS
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
User avatar
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator
 
Posts: 7669
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:50 pm

Postby XBRoughneck on Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:07 pm

Is there any way for the Lakers to pick up Al Harrington? I mean, they would have enough to sign him NEXT year.



I'm asking is there ANY way form them to get Harrington?
NBA 2k7 All I can ask for in a console basketball game. NBA Live?? Not so much.
User avatar
XBRoughneck

 
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:34 pm

Postby Klewfish on Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:02 pm

XBRoughneck wrote:Is there any way for the Lakers to pick up Al Harrington? I mean, they would have enough to sign him NEXT year.



I'm asking is there ANY way form them to get Harrington?


Well he could take a big pay cut, and come to LA for the MLE ($5million)

We could work out a s&t with Atlanta for him.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
User avatar
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator
 
Posts: 7669
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:50 pm

Postby slomo24 on Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:43 pm

I sincerely think that too much stock is being put into the draft. Most if not all of the players that Lakers will be able to draft (even if they move up) will not be able to make the immediate impact that the Lakers desperately need. That's why I expect the Lakers to go after more experienced players. I think guys like Mike James, Melvin Ely, Nazr Mohhamed and people of their ilk should be looked at in possible trades. These guys aren't afraid to do the dirty work and they are role players and know it. If we can get some older guys who know what they are doing I think that would be for the best. Especially if we could land a guy like Mike James who can dish and hit the open shot and plays decent defense.
Sometimes I talk to myself. If I don't who will?
User avatar
slomo24

 
Posts: 511
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:55 am
Location: McDonough, GA

Postby MiKEJaY on Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:39 am

LakersKB8LO7 wrote:
XBRoughneck wrote:Is there any way for the Lakers to pick up Al Harrington? I mean, they would have enough to sign him NEXT year.



I'm asking is there ANY way form them to get Harrington?


Well he could take a big pay cut, and come to LA for the MLE ($5million)

We could work out a s&t with Atlanta for him.


Harrington will probably want more $$$
Image
User avatar
MiKEJaY

 
Posts: 1388
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:54 pm

Postby Crispy on Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:09 am

lakers trade:
mihm
parker
odom
cook
26th pick


twolves trade:
garnett
6th pick

take rudy gay with 6th pick
take darius washington with 51st pick
banks with MLE
rush with LLE
kukoc with vet min.

lakers scenario:

pg - banks/vujaic/washington
sg - bryant/rush
sf - gay/walton/kukoc
pf - garnett/turiaf
c - brown/bynum

wolves scenario:

pg - parker
sg - mccants
sf - davis
pf - odom
c - griffin
User avatar
Crispy

 
Posts: 7564
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:11 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby westcoast21 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:28 pm

mahildreth3 wrote:lakers trade:
mihm
parker
odom
cook
26th pick


twolves trade:
garnett
6th pick

take rudy gay with 6th pick
take darius washington with 51st pick
banks with MLE
rush with LLE
kukoc with vet min.

lakers scenario:

pg - banks/vujaic/washington
sg - bryant/rush
sf - gay/walton/kukoc
pf - garnett/turiaf
c - brown/bynum

wolves scenario:

pg - parker
sg - mccants
sf - davis
pf - odom
c - griffin


no way we get garnett AND move up in the draft.
Image
User avatar
westcoast21

 
Posts: 3745
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:44 pm
Location: Ariza's Asylum

Postby 81Kobe on Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:53 am

EJeremyst123 wrote:
Danny Ainge wrote:LO for Kmart & their 20th pick
I like that 1 :bow: :bow: I would even trade butler and odom for kmart.. martin is a defensive beast..his offense is above average to. i know it would be like trading shaq for martin..but martin is what 27? he would make more impact then those 2 combined.

Felton
Kobe
JJ
Martin
Mihm


I would consider that trade, also.

However, if done, I want the Lakers to keep D.George as the starting SF -3.
User avatar
81Kobe

 
Posts: 941
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:16 pm
Location: South LA: Home of the Laker car flags

Postby Klewfish on Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:57 pm

What if the Lakers did a sign and trade for Al Harrington

Mihm/George/Smush for Harrington

then a trade with the Blazers

Odom for Miles/Roy/2007 1st/2007 2nd

sign Banks to the MLE

trade Sasha (most likely to Charlotte) for a future 2nd.

Banks/Roy/Farmar
Kobe/Roy/Evans
Miles/Evans/Luke
Harrington/Cook/Turiaf
Kwame/Bynum/LLE?

I like it. I think we could probably get something else out of the deal for Odom, but I can think of anyone on their team. Maybe another big.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
User avatar
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator
 
Posts: 7669
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:50 pm

Postby Crispy on Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:32 pm

lakers trade:
mihm
farmar
2007 2nd round pick

nets trade:
marcus williams

sign james posey with MLE

lineup:
pg-williams/parker
sg-bryant/vujaic
sf-walton/evans/posey
pf-odom/turiaf/cook
c-brown/bynum
User avatar
Crispy

 
Posts: 7564
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:11 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby LakersJam on Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:41 pm

I'd rather keep Odom.
LakersJam

 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby lakerfanimal on Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:49 pm

Lakers Trade: Chris Mihm and Aaron McKie
Change in team outlook: -0.5 ppg, -4.1 rpg, and +1.0 apg

Dallas Trades: Marquis Daniels
Change in team outlook:+0.5 ppg, +4.1 rpg, and -1.0 apg.
ImageImage
User avatar
lakerfanimal

 
Posts: 4140
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:17 am
Location: irvine

Postby TalkieWalkie on Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:51 pm

lakerfanimal wrote:Lakers Trade: Chris Mihm and Aaron McKie
Change in team outlook: -0.5 ppg, -4.1 rpg, and +1.0 apg

Dallas Trades: Marquis Daniels
Change in team outlook:+0.5 ppg, +4.1 rpg, and -1.0 apg.


I'd send Mhim and Mckie packing for a healthy Marquis Daniels in a heartbeat...
If on the morrow of the revolution, the masses of the people have only phrases at their service, if they do not recognize, by clear and blinding facts, that the situation has been transformed to their advantage, if the overthrow ends only in a change of persons and forumlae, nothing will have been acheived. -Peter Kropotkin
User avatar
TalkieWalkie

 
Posts: 3953
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:00 pm
Location: John Celestand's old apartment

Postby Crispy on Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:29 pm

lakers trade:
mihm
cook
vujaic

bulls trade:
duhon
deng

lineup:
pg-duhon/farmar
sg-bryant/parker/LLE
sf-deng/walton
pf-odom/radmanovic/turiaf
c-brown/bynum

lakers get smaller with this trade, but they get two servicable players that are good defensively and we all of a sudden get much more athletic

the bulls still need depth up front and size in the front court. they lose a good piece in deng, but they fill all their holes with this trade and can make them serious contendors


THEN


lakers trade:
radmanovic
brown
mckie
wafer
2008 2nd round pick

twolves trade:
garnett

lineup:
pg-duhon/parker/farmar
sg-bryant/LLE
sf-deng/walton
pf-odom/turiaf/vet. min
c-garnett/bynum

then when bynum finally develps into the next shaq that can shoot free throws, we can move odom to the 3 and kg to the 4 and move deng to our 6th man spot

THIS IS MY FAVORITE THREAD EVER AND THESE TRADES ARE GENIOUS!
User avatar
Crispy

 
Posts: 7564
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:11 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby myusername on Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:05 am

mahildreth3 wrote:lakers trade:
mihm
cook
vujaic

bulls trade:
duhon
deng

lineup:
pg-duhon/farmar
sg-bryant/parker/LLE
sf-deng/walton
pf-odom/radmanovic/turiaf
c-brown/bynum

lakers get smaller with this trade, but they get two servicable players that are good defensively and we all of a sudden get much more athletic

the bulls still need depth up front and size in the front court. they lose a good piece in deng, but they fill all their holes with this trade and can make them serious contendors


THEN


lakers trade:
radmanovic
brown
mckie
wafer
2008 2nd round pick

twolves trade:
garnett

lineup:
pg-duhon/parker/farmar
sg-bryant/LLE
sf-deng/walton
pf-odom/turiaf/vet. min
c-garnett/bynum

then when bynum finally develps into the next shaq that can shoot free throws, we can move odom to the 3 and kg to the 4 and move deng to our 6th man spot

THIS IS MY FAVORITE THREAD EVER AND THESE TRADES ARE GENIOUS!


kg cant play C.
User avatar
myusername

 
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:05 am

Postby lakerfanimal on Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:32 am

mahildreth3 wrote:lakers trade:
mihm
cook
vujaic

bulls trade:
duhon
deng

lineup:
pg-duhon/farmar
sg-bryant/parker/LLE
sf-deng/walton
pf-odom/radmanovic/turiaf
c-brown/bynum

lakers get smaller with this trade, but they get two servicable players that are good defensively and we all of a sudden get much more athletic

the bulls still need depth up front and size in the front court. they lose a good piece in deng, but they fill all their holes with this trade and can make them serious contendors


THEN


lakers trade:
radmanovic
brown
mckie
wafer
2008 2nd round pick

twolves trade:
garnett

lineup:
pg-duhon/parker/farmar
sg-bryant/LLE
sf-deng/walton
pf-odom/turiaf/vet. min
c-garnett/bynum

then when bynum finally develps into the next shaq that can shoot free throws, we can move odom to the 3 and kg to the 4 and move deng to our 6th man spot

THIS IS MY FAVORITE THREAD EVER AND THESE TRADES ARE GENIOUS!


couple problems.

- bulls won't do that trade
- minny won't do that. even if they could, you can't trade somebody you just signed who played for another team before (Vlad Rad)
ImageImage
User avatar
lakerfanimal

 
Posts: 4140
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:17 am
Location: irvine

Postby myusername on Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:03 am

even if they could, you can't trade somebody you just signed who played for another team before (Vlad Rad)


why not?
User avatar
myusername

 
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:05 am

Postby heiko on Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:33 am

mihm/cook/sasha/mckie for JR Smith/PJ Brown

great for LA, still "only" smush as our point guard.but smush/farmar and some minutes by evans/smith would be ok
PJ is a great backup and we could have a nice defensive linup with the 2 browns.
I don`t know if the hornets would like it
heiko

 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:20 pm

Postby lakerfanimal on Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:12 pm

myusername wrote:
even if they could, you can't trade somebody you just signed who played for another team before (Vlad Rad)


why not?


because its against the collective bargaining agreement that the players union has with the owners.

from http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#85

In addition, teams cannot trade players under the following circumstances:
For three months or until December 15th of that season (whichever is later) after signing a contract as a free agent. This does not apply to players signed and traded using the sign-and-trade rule (see question number 76).
ImageImage
User avatar
lakerfanimal

 
Posts: 4140
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:17 am
Location: irvine

Postby Helljumper on Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:13 pm

Lakers trade:
Chris Mihm
Aaron McKie
Brian Cook
Future Second Round Pick

Lakers Recieve:
Antonio Daniels
Brendan Haywood



Atlanta Trades:
Al Harrington (Sign and Trade)
Filler

Atlanta Recieves:
Chris Mihm
Brian Cook
Aaron McKie



Washington Trades:
Antonio Daniels
Brendan Haywood

Washington Recieves:
Al Harrington
Future 2nd Round Pick
Image
User avatar
Helljumper

 
Posts: 14882
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 4:40 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

bizarre trade ideas

Postby JShow34 on Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:37 pm

some of you guys really propose some of the more lopsided trade ideas i have ever seen. now that the lakers have signed vlad rad it really changes where there "needs" are. evans is the tough, energy player the lakers have needed off the bench in over 2 seasons. with rad now in the fold we have a perfect triangle offense player who gets tabbed as only being a 3pt shooter but as many of the expects say is dirk with more athleticism.

i now feel the teams most pressing need is an interior defensive presence. mihm and brown certainly aren't shot blockers in the paint and we are yet to see what bynum and turiaf are capable of doing. while i feel both of them will be assets to the lakers this season it still doesn't take away from the lakers glaring weakness in the paint.

while it's highly unlikely alonzo mourning doesn't return to miami and takes the lakers lle :) one guy that is available and i wouldn't mind seeing the lakers make a run at is samuel dalembert. he's long and athletic, plus the guy can really defend the rim. trouble with him is that he has buckled under the pressure of the big contract he got and hasnt been the same player since he earned it. while we probably dont have the assets to lure him away the next place i would look would be milwaukee and jamal magloire.

so here is my proposed deal to milwaukee.

lakers deal mihm, mckie, cook, and a #2 pick to mil. in exchange for magloire. the bucks get big man depth in mihm and cook and an expiring contract in mckie. the lakers get a big physical guy in the paint who can also get out on the floor a little. magloire isn't your ideal shot blocker, but he is effective with his rugged paint play.

in my mind this would leave the lakers only other glaring weakness at pg. we all know how jackson loves big veteran point guards to run his offense....penny hardaway will be out there and won't be commanding more than the lle. take a shot?
JShow34

 
Posts: 1037
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:11 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Detroit - Mihm Trade

Postby 81Kobe on Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:14 pm

Detroit now needs a Center as Detroit no longer has Ben Wallace. We can deal Mihm, if we want to, which I don't.

Detroit now has Dale Davis, but I don't know how much gas he has in the tank. Therefore, I woudn't be suprised if Detroit comes knocking. However, is there anyone on their rooster we want, who Detroit would deal?

I wouldn't mind having Chauncey Billups.

Billups has approx $6 million on his contract, with two years left, although the last year is a player option.
User avatar
81Kobe

 
Posts: 941
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:16 pm
Location: South LA: Home of the Laker car flags

Re: bizarre trade ideas

Postby 81Kobe on Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:18 pm

JShow34 wrote:
i now feel the teams most pressing need is an interior defensive presence. mihm and brown certainly aren't shot blockers in the paint and we are yet to see what bynum and turiaf are capable of doing. while i feel both of them will be assets to the lakers this season it still doesn't take away from the lakers glaring weakness in the paint.


A-Bomb, Bynum, Ranks #6 in the NBA in Blocks Per 48 Minutes(3.12).
User avatar
81Kobe

 
Posts: 941
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:16 pm
Location: South LA: Home of the Laker car flags

PreviousNext

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.