Groundless Trade & free agent signing Idea Thread

Postby juninho on Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:46 am

Sign Lue this summer. I think he will be fa. We need a third pg because fisher will be getting old and lue is a good defender.
juninho

Chat room

Postby KB24 Fella on Wed May 14, 2008 4:28 pm

If anyone would like to vent at halftime or before tonight game. Game 5 Lakers jazz Go to Meebo.com and sign in. When you are sign in go to the bottom of your account and where it says " FIND MORE ROOMS" type "CHAT LAKERS 08. I just made it enjoy.
KB24 Fella

Postby The Rock on Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:15 am

LINK

how bout this?

New York, Lakers, Houston

New York gets T-mac and Luke

Houston gets LO, Randolph and Crawford

Lakers get Battier and Bobby jackson[/url]

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby diehard on Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:38 am

I would do a Lamar for Caron Butler and Etan Thomas trade. Washington gets Lamar's expiring contract so they can throw a bunch of money at Arenas and we get another slasher/shooter and a tough guy down low.
"Be true to yourself and you will never fall."

Ron Artest: Is it freaky if your girl has a barbed wired thong and comes in the room with plastic sporks? Twitter
diehard

Postby iggypop123 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:05 pm

diehard wrote:I would do a Lamar for Caron Butler and Etan Thomas trade. Washington gets Lamar's expiring contract so they can throw a bunch of money at Arenas and we get another slasher/shooter and a tough guy down low.

haha no way that happens. we gave away caron. he isnt coming back
iggypop123

THE BEST LINEUP

Postby bbll on Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:32 am

STARERS
baron
kobe
ron
gasol
bynum

BENCH

fisher
sasha
josh smith
lamar
diop
trevor
paul millsap

release or trade
famar
mihm
irk
dj
vlad
walton
bbll

Postby leakbrewergator on Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:11 pm

I like the idea of the Lakers signing Antawn Jamison.

I don't think we should go after Artest, that man ruins lineups.

Drop Radmanovic please!!!

Miami ThreeTARDS- Duh Wayne 'Fraid, Piss Posh, LeBrat Shames
leakbrewergator

Postby Showboat on Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:17 am

What about getting Thabo Sefolosha from the Bulls maybe in a Package for Vlad and Mihm? He could become a good Backup Combo Guard.. I'm Swiss and cause of this I'd love seeing him alongside Kobe. He's a really good defender (tall and really long arms..) and when he started in games this season he was mostly ready to do some damage.. what you guys think about getting him..?

Showboat

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:19 am

^I really like Thabo, but I don't think a package of Vlad & Mihm is going to interest Chicago (plus I don't think the numbers line up).
Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby kobezaballa on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:34 pm

rade lamar to miami for Haslem and the second pick

sign ron artest from free agency

draft either beasley, rose, mayo with the second pick

and you have a solid lineup with artest who is a traditional SF

the only thing else i would do is try everything to get T-MAC, i head houson may look to move him and if so we must go aafter him i think
kobezaballa

Postby Showboat on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:39 am

kobezaballa wrote:rade lamar to miami for Haslem and the second pick

sign ron artest from free agency

draft either beasley, rose, mayo with the second pick

and you have a solid lineup with artest who is a traditional SF

the only thing else i would do is try everything to get T-MAC, i head houson may look to move him and if so we must go aafter him i think

Why would the Rockets wanna trade T-Mac?? They had a real good season.. Unfortunately Yao got injuried.. I don't think Houston is going to move T-Mac until they see how far they could come with the whole squad they got now...

And Miami would never possible take this trade offer from odom for haslem and 2nd pick for serious... they aren't memphis.. unfortunately... :man5:
Showboat

Postby Showboat on Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:14 pm

Why don't we go for a Lamar Odom for Stephen Jackson trade? Honestly I love Stephen Jackson.. He is a terrific 3 point shooter. We could use him really good. He proved that he can help a team taking the next step in San Antonio..
Showboat

Postby Psychobroker on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:45 pm

What about...

[url=http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1708~250~617~2027&teams=13~13~11~11&te=&cash=[/url]LO + Luke for Dunleavy + Foster[/url]

Why the Pacers do it: They shed Foster's K and move Dunleavy, a player they say is available, according to THIS ARTICLE. Excerpt:

"The Pacers have been actively shopping O'Neal since the start of the regular season. According to NBA front-office sources, Indiana offered O'Neal to virtually every team at the February trading deadline. The response was lukewarm, with teams being scared off by the two years and $44 million remaining on O'Neal's contract.

O'Neal may just be the first domino to fall in Indiana. Sources say Indiana was willing to trade everyone but small forward Danny Granger at the deadline. "They made it clear they were willing to blow it up," a Western Conference executive said. Contrary to reports, front-office sources say the Pacers have been shopping forward Mike Dunleavy -- who is owed $29.3 million over the next three seasons -- while showing some reluctance to part with center Jeff Foster, who is considered a favorite of coach JimO'Brien. "

LO was already covetted by the Pacers last year, and he could slide right into the starting 4 position in their new, uptempo offense. He'd be a very good fit alongside Granger. Luke would also do well in their offense, giving their 2nd unit a playmaker.

Why the Lakers do it: We bring in a versatile, long, DEAD-EYE shooting SF in Dunleavy, who also averaged over 1spg last year. Numbers last year: 19ppg, 5rpg, 1spg, .5bpg, 3.5apg and [b]42% from 3-point land[/g]. He is versatile enough to play SG as well, giving us an SG/SF rotation of Kobe/Dunleavy/Ariza/Vlad. I LIKE that mixture of length, scoring, and defense on the outside. He's also a good passer and has a "high bball IQ". Sure he was a bit turnover prone last season, but he VERY much improved his shot consistency over prior years. Hell, he improved from 30% in 06-07 while with GS & Indy to 43% last year! His versatility is centered around his outside shooting ability, good rebounder, and pretty good decision maker/court vision, unlike Lamar, who's better going to the hoop and more natural at the PF in the East.

Foster would bring bench REBOUNDING, toughness and post defense. His $5.5M ALSO comes off the books next year, so we can just let him walk, OR trade him MID-SEASON for an asset, or perhaps parlay him into a trade for Ron-Ron (If Sac signs/trades).

We also, of course, get rid of Luke's contract.

Last, but not least, Dun could rub it in his pop's face when we beat down the Clips ;)

Thoughts?

EDIT: Do you think they'd go for it if we swapped our #58 pick for their #17? Probably not, but who knows lol.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

potential trades

Postby king of all laker fans on Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:35 pm

tell me what you think of these trades

Lamar for antawn jamison

jordan, luke , for udonis haslem

lamar, jordan, and 1st round pick for tashaun prince
king of all laker fans

Re: potential trades

Postby Showboat on Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:25 am

king of all laker fans wrote:tell me what you think of these trades

Lamar for antawn jamison

jordan, luke , for udonis haslem

lamar, jordan, and 1st round pick for tashaun prince

The first of those i would agree.. but i don't know if the wizards would..

Second.. We don't know wether sashas leaving or not.. if jordan goes and sasha too we would be without a 1 spot player except fisher...

tyshaun prince for odom jordan and 1st rounder??? are you kidding.. don't think prince is worth that much..
Showboat

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:15 am

Psychobroker wrote:What about...

[url=http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1708~250~617~2027&teams=13~13~11~11&te=&cash=[/url]LO + Luke for Dunleavy + Foster[/url]

Why the Pacers do it: They shed Foster's K and move Dunleavy, a player they say is available, according to THIS ARTICLE. Excerpt:

"The Pacers have been actively shopping O'Neal since the start of the regular season. According to NBA front-office sources, Indiana offered O'Neal to virtually every team at the February trading deadline. The response was lukewarm, with teams being scared off by the two years and $44 million remaining on O'Neal's contract.

O'Neal may just be the first domino to fall in Indiana. Sources say Indiana was willing to trade everyone but small forward Danny Granger at the deadline. "They made it clear they were willing to blow it up," a Western Conference executive said. Contrary to reports, front-office sources say the Pacers have been shopping forward Mike Dunleavy -- who is owed $29.3 million over the next three seasons -- while showing some reluctance to part with center Jeff Foster, who is considered a favorite of coach JimO'Brien. "

LO was already covetted by the Pacers last year, and he could slide right into the starting 4 position in their new, uptempo offense. He'd be a very good fit alongside Granger. Luke would also do well in their offense, giving their 2nd unit a playmaker.

Why the Lakers do it: We bring in a versatile, long, DEAD-EYE shooting SF in Dunleavy, who also averaged over 1spg last year. Numbers last year: 19ppg, 5rpg, 1spg, .5bpg, 3.5apg and [b]42% from 3-point land[/g]. He is versatile enough to play SG as well, giving us an SG/SF rotation of Kobe/Dunleavy/Ariza/Vlad. I LIKE that mixture of length, scoring, and defense on the outside. He's also a good passer and has a "high bball IQ". Sure he was a bit turnover prone last season, but he VERY much improved his shot consistency over prior years. Hell, he improved from 30% in 06-07 while with GS & Indy to 43% last year! His versatility is centered around his outside shooting ability, good rebounder, and pretty good decision maker/court vision, unlike Lamar, who's better going to the hoop and more natural at the PF in the East.

Foster would bring bench REBOUNDING, toughness and post defense. His $5.5M ALSO comes off the books next year, so we can just let him walk, OR trade him MID-SEASON for an asset, or perhaps parlay him into a trade for Ron-Ron (If Sac signs/trades).

We also, of course, get rid of Luke's contract.

Last, but not least, Dun could rub it in his pop's face when we beat down the Clips ;)

Thoughts?

EDIT: Do you think they'd go for it if we swapped our #58 pick for their #17? Probably not, but who knows lol.

Not the worst idea in the world. Dunleavy is a system player who could be a deadeye for us, but still, I want some defense on the perimeter. Foster is a favorite of mine as well. Incredible rebounder, good post defender.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby Klewfish on Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:45 pm

the highly improbable three way trade, but hey, at least I'm in the right thread

Lakers Trade: Lamar Odom, Luke Walton
Lakers Receive: Shane Battier, Chauncey Billups

Rockets Trade: Shane Battier, rights to Donte Green, Bobby Jackson, Steve Francis (contract)
Rockets Receive: Rasheed Wallace, Luke Walton

Pistons Trade: Rasheed Wallace, Chauncey Billups
Pistons Receive: Lamar Odom, rights to Donte Green, Bobby Jackson (expirin contract), Steve Francis (contract)

Lakers do it: DUH! Defensive PG, Defensive SF who can shoot threes. Get rid of Walton's contract

Rockets do it: Sheed would compliment Yao perfectly IMO. They finally get PF help, and Rockets get past the first round. Rafer/T-Mac/Luke/Sheed/Yao is pretty amazing defensively. Luke is a decent help defender, just not great 1 on 1. Add a SF like Posey, Pietrus or bring back Bonzi? Yikes.

Pistons do it: They are looking for major changes. Sheed and Chauncey are most likely the ones out. Odom goes to the East where he will be better, and they get a young SF with loads of potential. Stuckey/Rip/Prince/Odom/? Has some good potential. Odom/Jackson is over $20mil in expiring contracts.

The only ones I don't see being completely thrilled are the Pistons. I think they would love Odom, or his expiring contract, but not sure if Green is the type of young talent they are looking to add.

Lakers unbelievable lineup

Billups/Fisher
Kobe/Farmar
Battier/Ariza/Vlad
Pau/Ronny/
Bynum/Mihm

They would still need a backup C. But that would be absolute game over.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator

Postby Showboat on Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:24 pm

why is nobody talkin about shipping radmanovic or chris mihm??? these guys are absolutely not fittin in our team.. radmanovic was bad as hell in the playoffs even worser was mihm..
Showboat

Postby Amongst:Kings on Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:04 pm

Showboat wrote:why is nobody talkin about shipping radmanovic or chris mihm??? these guys are absolutely not fittin in our team.. radmanovic was bad as hell in the playoffs even worser was mihm..

exactly why we are not trading them...nobody wants them
Amongst:Kings

Postby Showboat on Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:06 am

Amongst:Kings wrote:
Showboat wrote:why is nobody talkin about shipping radmanovic or chris mihm??? these guys are absolutely not fittin in our team.. radmanovic was bad as hell in the playoffs even worser was mihm..

exactly why we are not trading them...nobody wants them

now it seems pretty obvious to me.. :mhihi:
Showboat

Postby hollywood swinger on Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:38 am

Luke walton & coby Karl for Candace Parker.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby KingJames99 on Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:52 am

hollywood swinger wrote:Luke walton & coby Karl for Candace Parker.

How much does she make? Any chance we can throw in Vlade and Mihm? Lisa Leslie wouldn't be a terrible backup for Bynum
KingJames99

Postby Klewfish on Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:05 pm

Lakers Trade: Lamar Odom + Chris Mihm
Lakers Receive: Richard Hamilton

Pistons start Stuckey at SG. Billups/Stuckey/Prince/Odom/Sheed.

Lakers move Kobe to SF. Fisher/Hamilton/Kobe/Pau/Bynum.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Klewfish

Postby Klewfish on Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:38 pm

Lakers Trade: Lamar Odom, Luke Walton
Lakers Receive: Kirk Hinrich, Shane Battier

Chicago Trades: Kirk Hinrich, Cedric Simmons, 2009 1st
Chicago Receives: Lamar Odom

Rockets Trade: Shane Battier,
Rockets Receive: Luke Walton, Cedric Simmons, 2009 1st
Klewfish

Postby kobezaballa on Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:29 pm

pau and lamar for dirk and terry

luke for a second round pick

S&T sasha, mihm, and ariza for artest

or

lamar and mihm for artest and ben gordon

get bulls and kings in a 3way deal with us
kobezaballa

PreviousNext

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas