How about Kwame Brown?

Postby Kingsama on Thu May 05, 2005 5:57 pm

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:
MGX wrote:The Lakers will have the opportunity now because Kwame Brown has been released.

he got released??

source???
Kingsama

Postby MGX on Thu May 05, 2005 7:20 pm

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-spt-wiz04.html

There it is.

I made a bit of a mistake.
He is a RESTRICTED free agent, so the Wizards will probably end up trading him.

We'll see what happens.
LAKER NATION!
RAIDER NATION!

STAND UP!
MGX

Postby eNlight on Thu May 05, 2005 7:43 pm

if we get him, hopefully kwame isn't like brian grant
eNlight

Postby LakersCourt on Thu May 05, 2005 9:15 pm

We're not getting him, because we are going for a title run this year. We are getting Phil jackson back, we are trading Odom, Butler, Atkins and our #10 for Kevin Garnett. We are actually going to be a name in Basketball againsoon.:jam2:

Prepare to die league!!!!! :jam2:
LakersCourt

Postby KB24 on Fri May 06, 2005 12:49 am

LakersCourt wrote:We're not getting him, because we are going for a title run this year. We are getting Phil jackson back, we are trading Odom, Butler, Atkins and our #10 for Kevin Garnett. We are actually going to be a name in Basketball againsoon.:jam2:

Prepare to die league!!!!! :jam2:

Are you on crack?
KG won´t become a Laker. POINT;BLANK.

I would take Kwame in a heartbeat. He is a very talented bigman who can easily produce 12/9 or even 15/10 in a couple of years. He needs the right coach. We won´t find any big man that cheap again and we would regret it if we don´t consider him.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby echo nation on Fri May 06, 2005 1:55 am

why would we want another headcase on the team?
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby EQualizer on Fri May 06, 2005 2:34 am

why not?? if he can be had for cheap...i think he's worth the risk

what if he pans out?? he obviously has potential, and if we can have him for fairly little money it may be real good if he pans out and everyone will be happy that we took a risk on him, just look at minessota and griffin, they gotta behappy for his play and what he's brought to the team

they took a chance on griffin and they got in return a pretty good player
EQualizer

Postby Kingsama on Fri May 06, 2005 8:03 am

MGX wrote:http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-spt-wiz04.html

There it is.

I made a bit of a mistake.
He is a RESTRICTED free agent, so the Wizards will probably end up trading him.

We'll see what happens.

ok cause i knew he was suspended, and when you said he got released it was a bit of a shock... Go get em mitch...
Kingsama

Postby echo nation on Mon May 09, 2005 12:37 am

its one thing to have a headcase when you have a superstar to keep em in line... but another to add a headcase to your superstar who is one himself already

"potential" is over played these days... remember when we thought Samaki Walker had it?
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby Kingsama on Mon May 09, 2005 6:20 am

echo nation wrote:its one thing to have a headcase when you have a superstar to keep em in line... but another to add a headcase to your superstar who is one himself already

"potential" is over played these days... remember when we thought Samaki Walker had it?

i dont think Kwame is a head case. I really think the guy was just emasculated by Jordan. A change in scenery and i bet the guy can become a solid nba player.
Kingsama

Postby echo nation on Mon May 09, 2005 5:25 pm

he was a headcase before Eddie became coach

how are you supposed to take seriously a guy who skips practice during the playoffs... esp when he's already had a reputation of not being a hard worker...
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby Kingsama on Tue May 10, 2005 8:38 am

echo nation wrote:he was a headcase before Eddie became coach

how are you supposed to take seriously a guy who skips practice during the playoffs... esp when he's already had a reputation of not being a hard worker...

i was refering to the "Jordan" not eddie...

Imagine you are some phenom in High School being talked about as the next big thing. Next thing you know the guy whose shoes you wear and whose game you study and whose poster hangs on your wall, is solidifying this next big thing by hand picking you as numero uno. Then over the next couple of years he more or less castrates you mentally. How would you respond. Remember that Kwame was still very much a kid when he was drafted. In my mind a change in scenery, a little support and he will blossom. Its not like he is failing drug tests, or getting in fights. He is merely being rebelious, just like most of the world if they were treated the same way...
Kingsama

Postby UKUGA on Tue May 10, 2005 8:44 am

Kingsama wrote:
echo nation wrote:its one thing to have a headcase when you have a superstar to keep em in line... but another to add a headcase to your superstar who is one himself already

i dont think Kwame is a head case. I really think the guy was just emasculated by Jordan. A change in scenery and i bet the guy can become a solid nba player.

Jordan called him a "flamin' [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]".
UKUGA

Postby echo nation on Tue May 10, 2005 5:50 pm

Brown has potential i agree

but so did Isiah Rider

if we can get Kwame for super cheap, i say go for it... but he's not worth a big risk
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby GCMD on Tue May 10, 2005 11:46 pm

The guy needs regular mins and superstars around him to lead him...

He's not a leader...
He's not a #1 option...
He's not a go-to guy...

He's a talented big-man who has yet to find a role that he's comfortable with...put him on a team with LO, Kobe and Mihm and I guarantee he will blossom...

His role would be well defined:

grab boards
play interior D
quick-hitting post-up moves
putbacks
set screens

No confusion...no pressure...just do the little things and let LO and Kobe carry the load...

I'd take a 6'11 250 athletic BIG any day...headcase or no...(for the MLE or sign and trade ~6 mil, of course)
Feel free to ignore anything I say...

GCMD

Postby KB24 on Wed May 11, 2005 12:07 am

GameCockMD wrote:The guy needs regular mins and superstars around him to lead him...

He's not a leader...
He's not a #1 option...
He's not a go-to guy...

He's a talented big-man who has yet to find a role that he's comfortable with...put him on a team with LO, Kobe and Mihm and I guarantee he will blossom...

grab boards
play interior D
putbacks
set screens

No confusion...no pressure...just do the little things and let LO and Kobe carry the load...

I'd take a 6'11 250 athletic BIG any day...headcase or no...(for the MLE or sign and trade ~6 mil, of course)
:bow: :bow: :bow:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby showtimecontinue on Tue May 17, 2005 4:47 am

i think its a good idear,brow is very young,maybe stronger many years later
showtimecontinue

Postby flexxdzl on Tue May 17, 2005 11:42 am

The problem is I don't think brown gets it. People say MJ ruined him I don't think that is true ..jermaine oneal in one person that people say look at what happened to him as far as his growth but name someone eles that came from high school and took this much time to get it? I think that after 4 years you are a bust ... look he misses a play-off game because he was sick the day before play offs? he would be good for the lle so if he does not pan out we don't loose much, but 5 million hell no
flexxdzl

Postby SWOL on Tue May 17, 2005 4:12 pm

ID TAKE HIM IF, DUHON, EDDIE GRIFFIN OR EARL WATSON ARE NOT AVAIBLE
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby mojoballer on Tue May 17, 2005 4:24 pm

GameCockMD wrote:The guy needs regular mins and superstars around him to lead him...

He's not a leader...
He's not a #1 option...
He's not a go-to guy...

grab boards
play interior D
putbacks
set screens

Agree. But it's unlikely they'll let him sign and walk away for nothing in return. It's probably going to have to be sign and trade - and then it would depend on what they want from us. They're not going to take our garbage - they'd just let him walk before that.
mojoballer

Postby Guest on Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:31 pm

Kwame needs a new scene. Period. He's a 7 footer. Period. You can't pass that up. Earl Watsons and Duhons come a dime-a-dozen, an athletic 7 footer doesn't. Take the chance. Period.

Vlade and #10 pick for a re-signed Kwame Brown

Then trade B Grant and Slava and one of the picks to Chi for Tyson and Pargo

Sign Antonio Daniels for the MLE:

Kwame/Tyson/Odom/Kobe/Daniels = SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Postby Anthracit3 on Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:35 am

Kwame does need a new scene(he was getting boooed during washington's home games). First season MJ was away from Washington he showed signs of improvement 20 points and 15+ rebounds. If Phil takes the job i'm pretty sure he will be able to control Kwame.
Anthracit3

Postby 1 x Butler x 1 on Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:13 am

Everyone says that Kwame's confidence was hurt because MJ was too tough on him. Kobe is tough with his guys too so Kwame is probably not a good fit in LA. He should go somewhere where he can be treated like peaches, like Phoenix. Stevie will never yell at him.
1 x Butler x 1

Postby DMK on Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:09 am

1 x Butler x 1 wrote:Everyone says that Kwame's confidence was hurt because MJ was too tough on him. Kobe is tough with his guys too so Kwame is probably not a good fit in LA. He should go somewhere where he can be treated like peaches, like Phoenix. Stevie will never yell at him.

^^ Yea but im sure Kobe has never called any of his young players a "Flaming F@ggit" either(MJ) :man10:

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Kingsama on Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:18 pm

DMK wrote:
1 x Butler x 1 wrote:Everyone says that Kwame's confidence was hurt because MJ was too tough on him. Kobe is tough with his guys too so Kwame is probably not a good fit in LA. He should go somewhere where he can be treated like peaches, like Phoenix. Stevie will never yell at him.

^^ Yea but im sure Kobe has never called any of his young players a "Flaming F@ggit" either(MJ) :man10:

agreed there is a substantial difference between being hard on someone, and being a complete richard, if you catch my drift. Both my high school and college coach were tough, heck my college coach is one of the most demanding men i have ever met when it comes to his players. But neither of them rendered personal attacks against me, neither one of them patronized me, neither one of them was rudely critical. I recieved more butt chewings then i can count and have been singled out, gripped at, screamed at, threatened to get thrown out of the gym etc. but none of it was a personal attack. Now i dont know if kobe is like that or not, but i know Jordan wasnt...
Kingsama

PreviousNext

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas