How about Kwame Brown?

Postby DMK on Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:13 pm

Kingsama wrote:
DMK wrote:
1 x Butler x 1 wrote:Everyone says that Kwame's confidence was hurt because MJ was too tough on him. Kobe is tough with his guys too so Kwame is probably not a good fit in LA. He should go somewhere where he can be treated like peaches, like Phoenix. Stevie will never yell at him.

^^ Yea but im sure Kobe has never called any of his young players a "Flaming F@ggit" either(MJ) :man10:

agreed there is a substantial difference between being hard on someone, and being a complete richard, if you catch my drift. Both my high school and college coach were tough, heck my college coach is one of the most demanding men i have ever met when it comes to his players. But neither of them rendered personal attacks against me, neither one of them patronized me, neither one of them was rudely critical. I recieved more butt chewings then i can count and have been singled out, gripped at, screamed at, threatened to get thrown out of the gym etc. but none of it was a personal attack. Now i dont know if kobe is like that or not, but i know Jordan wasnt...

Are you kidding me? :man10: MJ Smacked Steve Kerr!!! he made Kwame cry in practice....a 7 ft teenager, MJ made em cry like a baby, it was in the newspapers here in DC.

MJ is notorious for blowing up on his teammates/players, and at times getting physical with them.....dunno if you knew that or not.

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Kingsama on Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:45 pm

DMK wrote:
Kingsama wrote:
DMK wrote:
1 x Butler x 1 wrote:Everyone says that Kwame's confidence was hurt because MJ was too tough on him. Kobe is tough with his guys too so Kwame is probably not a good fit in LA. He should go somewhere where he can be treated like peaches, like Phoenix. Stevie will never yell at him.

^^ Yea but im sure Kobe has never called any of his young players a "Flaming F@ggit" either(MJ) :man10:

agreed there is a substantial difference between being hard on someone, and being a complete richard, if you catch my drift. Both my high school and college coach were tough, heck my college coach is one of the most demanding men i have ever met when it comes to his players. But neither of them rendered personal attacks against me, neither one of them patronized me, neither one of them was rudely critical. I recieved more butt chewings then i can count and have been singled out, gripped at, screamed at, threatened to get thrown out of the gym etc. but none of it was a personal attack. Now i dont know if kobe is like that or not, but i know Jordan wasnt...

Are you kidding me? :man10: MJ Smacked Steve Kerr!!! he made Kwame cry in practice....a 7 ft teenager, MJ made em cry like a baby, it was in the newspapers here in DC.

MJ is notorious for blowing up on his teammates/players, and at times getting physical with them.....dunno if you knew that or not.

the point that i was making was that I know that jordan was not like either my hs or college coach in that he was a real richard, and that i dont know if kobe is that same way, i thought that was pretty clear, but maybe i was wrong...
Kingsama

Postby DMK on Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:25 pm

lol oh... my bad brotha.

I do understand why MJ was the way he was.....the drive to win, the pressure to succeed.... Kobe is easily the closest to that hungry other then maybe KG.

Heart goes along way

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby trips on Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:42 pm

I say we offer him the LLE for one year see how it turns out...we can't offer Brown the MLE, after we trade Atkins well need it for a PG (hopefully Earl Watson) who can run this team while our tenth pick PG develops.
trips

Postby MGX on Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:40 pm

I guess I was on point with this thread.
This thread is now the unbiased view of what we felt about Kwame coming to the Lakers before it actually ended up happening.
What's interesting is that we actually ended up giving up way more than anyone here wanted. Butler and Chucky is a lot for Kwame.
Oh well, at least we will be a more well rounded team next year.
LAKER NATION!
RAIDER NATION!

STAND UP!
MGX

Postby Sirron on Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:38 pm

LakersCourt wrote:
LakersCourt wrote:If he would sign for the Minimum, I'd take him, because is he starts to be a jacka-s, then you can just cut him right there. I like himn, but think Kobe and he would have issues. I just get this vibe.

Who cares about Brown...

By the way you all can remove your Felton Avatars now, since we're packaging that pick in luring Garnett to us :jam2:

The more posts of his I see, the more I like him. :man12:

I swear if Mitch pulls this off, I'llname my first son Mitch
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby Scarface101 on Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:36 pm

flexxdzl wrote:I would take haywood and brown in a deal for luke devan and slava
:man6:
Join the BYNUM SHOULD START CAMPAIGN PM me

So far: Me,Murdock,LakeShow09,SOAD,Camilo,Savage1,MoneyMike,DarthRekal,Okki,Showtime is Magic
Scarface101

Postby Alleyhoops on Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:29 am

INTERESTING -- just dug this old thread out. Candid opinions from members about Kwame's value prior to trade rumors. We gave up a heck of a lot more than what everybody expected. Caron was certainly a candidate for the #2 scoring option that everyone now believes must be addressed. Kwame's okay -- but we gave up an awful lot for him -- including a score-first guard with good 3-point range in Atkins who could have supplied us with points off the bench.

I think these kinds of opinions found in this thread that are posted as pure speculation, when there aren't frenzied rumors flying around, are the most relaxed, sane observations.
Alleyhoops

Previous

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas