How about Kwame Brown?

How about Kwame Brown?

Postby MGX on Tue May 03, 2005 4:49 pm

I was watching PTI and they said Kwame Brown basically gave up on Washington and he was likely out of there after this year since he is a free agent. He didn't get along with Jordan or Doug Collins but it seems as if he just got off to a bad start there and maybe needs a change of teams.

I think he would be worth picking up, especially (hoping) and considering he may be available for cheap. All this crazy Kevin Garnett talk is nice to dream about, but Kwame could be the next Jermaine O'Neal. With Kobe and Phil directing him, he could ditch his old, bad work ethic and develop into a great player.

The Lakers desperately need a big man and Kwame would fit the bill nicely.

If the Lakers CAN do it, I say they do it, because it just may very well be worth the risk.
LAKER NATION!
RAIDER NATION!

STAND UP!
MGX

Postby Danny Ainge on Tue May 03, 2005 5:01 pm

anything more than the MLE and he aint worth it.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby dj vitus on Tue May 03, 2005 6:42 pm

yeah I'll take him for the MLE. I have a feeling he'll break out in a couple years. With Kobe and Phil to keep Kwame on his heels all career long, who knows how good he can be.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby JbOi112 on Tue May 03, 2005 7:26 pm

Danny Ainge wrote:anything more than the MLE and he aint worth it.

^ haha... isn't that pretty much ALL we can offer him anyway (unless he bites for the LLE)? cuz I doubt we have any money other than the MLE and LLE to offer him anyway, right?
..:: J to tha R ::..
RIP Ryan "Franchise" (March 17, 1987 – May 13, 2006) Fight On!
Madd props to hoopskillz for tha sig & avatar!
JbOi112

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue May 03, 2005 8:39 pm

He's a huge risk investment, especially with his sort of behavior lately; he's gotten into fights with teammates (Brendan Haywood) and now even the Wizard personnel seem to be annoyed by it. Despite all the potential that he has, that P word is extremely dreaded in his case and who knows when he'll actually break out...might take 5 years before he gets his act all together. And no one's willing to risk that sort of contract on him.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby they_perch on Tue May 03, 2005 8:48 pm

yeah he's a risk. wouldnt waste big bucks on him, or trade anyone like caron or odom for him. but its not likely the wiz will give him up in a sign and trade for a player like jj, atkins, or someone of equal value cause he's a former 1st pick so they'll want something.

as said, mle if he'd take it (not likely), would be something to consider. and although theres risk involved, we dont have the financial nor trade capital to go after players already developed.

you have to take risks on players to get something good for your money. you could end up with a bust. or a pleasant suprise. look at portland, what did they have to give up for pryzbilla, now he looks like their starting center for years to come, and in my opinion he's going to be the closest thing to a ben wallace type of role player.
they_perch

Postby flexxdzl on Tue May 03, 2005 9:31 pm

I would take haywood and brown in a deal for luke devan and slava
flexxdzl

Postby CaronKobeConnection on Tue May 03, 2005 11:18 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:He's a huge risk investment, especially with his sort of behavior lately; he's gotten into fights with teammates (Brendan Haywood) and now even the Wizard personnel seem to be annoyed by it. Despite all the potential that he has, that P word is extremely dreaded in his case and who knows when he'll actually break out...might take 5 years before he gets his act all together. And no one's willing to risk that sort of contract on him.

I was at that game when the wiz played the clips i sat behind the wiz bench that was crazy fight...My prediction is that the hawks or bobcats get him...Maybe the sonics after losing allen and james...
CaronKobeConnection

Postby MGX on Tue May 03, 2005 11:41 pm

Well if the Lakers can do it, try and get him for the MLE.
Because really, how much is he worth?
He hasn't proven he is worth the big bucks.
He deserves the MLE and maybe putting on that purple and gold jersey andbeing guided by Phil will help him unlock the potential that the great Michael Jordan once saw in him.

This is one signing I'm particularly interested in.
Hope the Lakers get the chance
LAKER NATION!
RAIDER NATION!

STAND UP!
MGX

Postby KB24 on Wed May 04, 2005 12:22 am

I would sign him for the MLE IN A HEARTBEAT. He needs the right coach and mentor and he will shine sooner or later.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby SOAD on Wed May 04, 2005 12:33 am

Too much of a risk, not worth it imo.
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby likwid04 on Wed May 04, 2005 12:59 am

how bout WHO? :man3:
likwid04

Postby mrcaramale on Wed May 04, 2005 10:05 am

I would trade slava or cook for him. One or the other not both. Thats it
Bumble Bee Tuna... Bumble Bee Tuna!
mrcaramale

Postby JSM on Wed May 04, 2005 4:24 pm

Unless it's a sign and trade, Kwame for Gump, then you can forget about it. I do not want Kwame. He has no work ethic, a poor attitude, no love for the game, he is lazy, and would not take well to Phil and Kobe's criticism. We saw what happened when MJ criticized him, he cried and balled up in the fetal position, then went MIA.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed May 04, 2005 6:36 pm

JbOi112 wrote:
Danny Ainge wrote:anything more than the MLE and he aint worth it.

^ haha... isn't that pretty much ALL we can offer him anyway (unless he bites for the LLE)? cuz I doubt we have any money other than the MLE and LLE to offer him anyway, right?
I mean that for all teams not just the Lakers.
Danny Ainge

Postby live and die in LA on Wed May 04, 2005 7:57 pm

i know the guy has issues but i would almost like to see what he could do on our team in starter minutes. in 03/04 he got the most playing time of his career and got decent number with 11ppg and 7.5 rpg while shooting 49% from the feild.

no im defidently not saying i want him im just saying i wouldnt be mad if the lakers got him in the right deal.
live and die in LA

Postby LakersCourt on Wed May 04, 2005 8:11 pm

If he would sign for the Minimum, I'd take him, because is he starts to be a jacka-s, then you can just cut him right there. I like himn, but think Kobe and he would have issues. I just get this vibe.

Who cares about Brown...its all about Garnett.....the freak of nature :man13:
LakersCourt

Postby LakersCourt on Wed May 04, 2005 8:12 pm

[quote="LakersCourt"]If he would sign for the Minimum, I'd take him, because is he starts to be a jacka-s, then you can just cut him right there. I like himn, but think Kobe and he would have issues. I just get this vibe.

Who cares about Brown...

By the way you all can remove your Felton Avatars now, since we're packaging that pick in luring Garnett to us :jam2:

I swear if Mitch pulls this off, I'llname my first son Mitch
LakersCourt

Postby live and die in LA on Wed May 04, 2005 8:39 pm

even if garnett is traded, the last place it would be is to LA
live and die in LA

Postby Kingsama on Thu May 05, 2005 11:41 am

live and die in LA wrote:even if garnett is traded, the last place it would be is to LA

hey you take your "realism" and shove it... By the way want some kg kool aid???
Kingsama

Postby methodnred on Thu May 05, 2005 3:30 pm

I think that the Lakers should seriously consider getting Kwame.

If Kwame comes and plays with Kobe, gets coached by the greatest coach of all time (Phil), and realizes that he is a LAKER, he might realize his situation and blossom.

Worst Case Scenario = lazy big man that is actually a big man (cough, cook), that can get some boards and blocks while being traded or let go next season.

Best Case Scenario = picks up kobe's work ethic, becomes the next big thing and becomes an all-star big man, he has the tools.
methodnred

Postby MGX on Thu May 05, 2005 5:19 pm

The Lakers will have the opportunity now because Kwame Brown has been released.

I say do it, try for it. It can't hurt, and if it does, cut him, just like that.

I think he can do it, he just needs to be with the best franchise in the world and being coached by the best coach ever (as soemone else mentioned) and he would blossom.
LAKER NATION!
RAIDER NATION!

STAND UP!
MGX

Postby EQualizer on Thu May 05, 2005 5:26 pm

serious he was picked 1st overall for some reason....and he's real young, there's still some hope in HIM!!!

becuase now he has to realize that his career may be over if he keeps on being retarded (missing workouts etc.)...perhaps he is in process of a renaissance and then he will sign with lakers for little and then show people who he really iS!
EQualizer

Postby Danny Ainge on Thu May 05, 2005 5:43 pm

Hes kind of a punk
Danny Ainge

Postby Showtime.Revival.05 on Thu May 05, 2005 5:45 pm

MGX wrote:The Lakers will have the opportunity now because Kwame Brown has been released.

he got released??
Showtime.Revival.05
Clublakers Analyst

Next

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas