How about Paul Millsap

How about Paul Millsap

Postby KiKosDad on Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:04 pm

I believe he'll be good sub for Pau.

I know he's not Lamar but he's also good for rebound and crashing the boards. Ball handling skills will be handled by RonRon, Fish and Kobe anyways.

We're offering 7mil for Lamar...i've read that's the same amount Blazers were offering Millsap too with more upside on our end.

Look at his stat against our potential rivals...

He played in all 82 of Utah's games. Early in the 2007–08 season, Millsap achieved a new career high of 24 points during a win against the Cleveland Cavaliers. He later extended his career high to 28 points against the Orlando Magic in late December 2007. He now has a new career high which came in December 2008 against the Boston Celtics in which he scored 32 points. Millsap had played in 194 straight games since being drafted by the Jazz in 2006, he missed his first game of his professional career on December 26, 2008 against the Dallas Mavericks due to a sprained posterior cruciate ligament injury in his knee suffered against the Milwaukee Bucks on December 23 2008.[2]

Millsap has become Jazz all-star forward Carlos Boozer's replacement during most of the 2008–2009 season(Boozer suffered a quad injury and later a severe knee injury that lead to surgery). His numbers soared, as he averaged 15.5 points per game on 56% shooting, and 9.5 rebounds.

Millsap owned the longest double-double streak in the NBA for much of the 08–09 season, ahead of Dwight Howard and many more well recognized players.
"We're the best! Know that, don’t think it, know it! Its our turn! It's our championship! Our season! Lets go out there and make a statement! Its our turn now! Let's go! What time is it? Game time!" - Kobe Bryant
KiKosDad

Re: How about Paul Millsap

Postby khmrP on Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:10 pm

sorry to be the bearer of BAD news but we can't offer him SQUAT unless its a S&T (considering its Utah they not gona this), Blazers are offering money because they have money and are Under the cap, we're offering Odom money because we have his bird rights so we sign him to whatever amt. team feel fit to pay.
khmrP

Re: How about Paul Millsap

Postby KiKosDad on Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:49 pm

khmrP wrote:sorry to be the bearer of BAD news but we can't offer him SQUAT unless its a S&T (considering its Utah they not gona this), Blazers are offering money because they have money and are Under the cap, we're offering Odom money because we have his bird rights so we sign him to whatever amt. team feel fit to pay.

Thanks khmrP. You're correct. I just feel that whatever Lamar's deal is going to be, he might ask for an out after this next season or next to test for more money. Also I wonder how this will affect his game since team Odom didn't get their money.

Let see what happens...
"We're the best! Know that, don’t think it, know it! Its our turn! It's our championship! Our season! Lets go out there and make a statement! Its our turn now! Let's go! What time is it? Game time!" - Kobe Bryant
KiKosDad

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas