how about trading kobe for chris paul and blake griffen

how about trading kobe for chris paul and blake griffen

Postby rockorego on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:55 pm

would you make this trade if the clippers offered?
rockorego

Re: how about trading kobe for chris paul and blake griffen

Postby MadMax on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:58 pm

MadMax

Postby Weezy on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:02 am

Hey how about Kobe for Lebron and Wade, or Durant and Westbrook, ya that would be awesome!!!
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby magicman32 on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:06 am

no team will trade 2 stars for a 33 year old making 30 mill shooting 42%
magicman32

Postby Alcindor on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:08 am

move to boy-fantasy trade ideas thread.
Alcindor

Postby BadCoaching on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:32 am

Why would we want the Clippers to get a championship?
BadCoaching

Postby espntelepathy on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:06 am

BadCoaching wrote:Why would we want the Clippers to get a championship?

Kobe.. is that you?
espntelepathy

Postby DavidFreakingRivers on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:08 am

The only way for Kobe to lead the Clippers to a championship without CP3 and Blake is if David Rivers come out of retirement and play PG for the Clippers.
"With the 25th pick of the 1988 NBA draft, the.. Los Angeles Lakers select... David Rivers from the University of Notre Dame."
DavidFreakingRivers

Postby TSpence26 on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:42 am

Who the hell is David Rivers
TSpence26

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:36 am

^ :man10:
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby bystander on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:53 am

MadMax wrote:

awesone video, you get a point sir.
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby DavidFreakingRivers on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:30 pm

TSpence26 wrote:Who the hell is David Rivers

I guess I'm showing my age. Guess you were too young for Magic too because David Rivers symbolizing the beginning of my Laker obsession. 1988 was the first NBA draft I sat through, just to see who the Lakers pick. "With the 25th pick of the 1988 NBA Draft, the... Los Angeles Lakers select.... David Rivers from the University of Notre Dame." You see how I even got David Stern's pause down?
"With the 25th pick of the 1988 NBA draft, the.. Los Angeles Lakers select... David Rivers from the University of Notre Dame."
DavidFreakingRivers

Postby TSpence26 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:34 am

DavidFreakingRivers wrote:

I guess I'm showing my age. Guess you were too young for Magic too because David Rivers symbolizing the beginning of my Laker obsession. 1988 was the first NBA draft I sat through, just to see who the Lakers pick. "With the 25th pick of the 1988 NBA Draft, the... Los Angeles Lakers select.... David Rivers from the University of Notre Dame." You see how I even got David Stern's pause down?

I was totally messing with you bro... Lol.. and actually he was the 25th pick, not 24th..

I know you like him so much, I was trying to get a rise out of you ha
TSpence26

Postby DavidFreakingRivers on Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:22 am

TSpence26 wrote:
DavidFreakingRivers wrote:

I was totally messing with you bro... Lol.. and actually he was the 25th pick, not 24th..

I know you like him so much, I was trying to get a rise out of you ha

LOL. I don't really like him, he just represents nostalgia. He represents my first hope and hype of a Laker player. The same type of hype and hope we have for Andrew Goudelock, Darius Morris, Ebanks, etc. David Rivers didn't do much for the Lakers actually. Mainly because he had to play behind Derek Fisher.
DavidFreakingRivers

Postby Phil XI on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:20 pm

Who was David Rivers?

Clearly the reason we have air bags and seat belt laws regulated today.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby Phil XI on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:23 pm

DavidFreakingRivers wrote:LOL. I don't really like him, he just represents nostalgia. He represents my first hope and hype of a Laker player. The same type of hype and hope we have for Andrew Goudelock, Darius Morris, Ebanks, etc. David Rivers didn't do much for the Lakers actually. Mainly because he had to play behind Derek Fisher.

Or maybe because he went face first through a windshield at high speed and severed his body nearly in half, before he had ever played one game in the NBA. And Fisher was probably in middle school then beginning puberty.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Postby DavidFreakingRivers on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:06 pm

Phil XI wrote:
DavidFreakingRivers wrote:LOL. I don't really like him, he just represents nostalgia. He represents my first hope and hype of a Laker player. The same type of hype and hope we have for Andrew Goudelock, Darius Morris, Ebanks, etc. David Rivers didn't do much for the Lakers actually. Mainly because he had to play behind Derek Fisher.

Or maybe because he went face first through a windshield at high speed and severed his body nearly in half, before he had ever played one game in the NBA. And Fisher was probably in middle school then beginning puberty.

He got through the accident and became a 1st round pick. Good enough for the eyes of Jerry West. So I'm not sure what you're saying.

Also, by explaining to me that Fisher was still in middle school means that you didn't understand my joke, my sarcasm. No youngster on the Laker squad like Andrew Goudelock will ever be unleashed until this man retires. The Lakers have developed an unhealthy infatuation or dependency on Fisher's so called "intangibles." He's getting playing time obvious not for his prolific point guard skills, but for "the little things" he does.
DavidFreakingRivers

Postby Phil XI on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:05 am

Clearly didn't get the Fisher joke. Still don't after your clarification.
While Rivers did recover from the accident his jr year, he was really never the same player. That was point I was making. I saw at least 75% of his ND games living in a ND crazed home at the time, working on the east coast. I was in my 20's at the time. He was drafted on the 'hope' he was the old David Rivers but it didn't materialize and that is why he was left unprotected in the expansion draft. Had he showed up, the Lakers would've clearly kept him as the heir apparent to Magic at point.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Postby DavidFreakingRivers on Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:17 pm

Phil XI wrote:Clearly didn't get the Fisher joke. Still don't after your clarification.
While Rivers did recover from the accident his jr year, he was really never the same player. That was point I was making. I saw at least 75% of his ND games living in a ND crazed home at the time, working on the east coast. I was in my 20's at the time. He was drafted on the 'hope' he was the old David Rivers but it didn't materialize and that is why he was left unprotected in the expansion draft. Had he showed up, the Lakers would've clearly kept him as the heir apparent to Magic at point.

LOL! That's my bad. It was more of an inside joke, you would need to know me to know my disdain for Fisher. I can't wait till he's done. I'm basically saying he's been around for 100 years. Exaggeration.

Rivers was never the same, but once again, 1st round 25th pick. Do you think West would waste a pick on someone knowing that he wouldn't amount to nothing and then would have to be left unprotected for the expansion draft? If you're telling me that you knew ahead of time that he wouldn't amount to nothing because you absolutely knew the effects of the accident on him, then you're saying West didn't do his homework. Was it really the accident, or was he just a little bit of a bust?

I remember I was enamored with him because of Isiah Thomas. I thought wow, wouldn't it be cool if Rivers was our very own dominating little point guard... Anyway, David Rivers, my first NBA draft. He will never be forgotten.
DavidFreakingRivers

Postby kobebryant248 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:33 am

hey what about trading so called lakers fans to the clippers. it is unthinkable to trade kobe for any player in the nba. but trading such called lakers fans to clippers ? i like that
kobebryant248

Postby Alleyhoops on Tue May 29, 2012 1:17 am

truth is at 27 mil and 30 mil for the next two seasons, bryant has absolutely 0 trade value. he'll retire a laker, which is the way it should be. unfortunately, it's going to be some lean seasons until he retires. when you have one guy earning half the team's cap, there's very little that can done to put very good players around him and form a competitive bench. just the way it is.
Alleyhoops

Postby LakeShow85 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:36 pm

Actually a much better trade would be Kobe to Charlotte for Byron Mullens and Bismack Biyombo. :jam2:
If it doesn't matter who wins then why do they keep score?
Is it possible to have 2 G.O.A.T.'s
LakeShow85

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas