how bout zach randolph???

how bout zach randolph???

Postby shotcaller on Sat May 12, 2007 11:14 pm

man, this dude can play and grab boards! i say we go for him if we cant get kg or pau

ya fell me!!!!!!!
shotcaller

Postby aznromeo169 on Sun May 13, 2007 1:53 am

unless portland is willing to accept crap like kwame and vlad i wouldnt. He may be a good scoring option at the post, but his actual defense is average and I don't think hes worth losing either bynum or odom.
aznromeo169

Postby Schizophrenic on Sun May 13, 2007 8:17 am

Portland is on a roll right now. No, not of winning games.. of fleecing people with bad players. I'm sure they're going to want another Danny Ainge special for him. We don't want to be on the receiving end of their trade. Yeah Zach would be worth a flyer on expiring contracts + filler + draft picks, but you can't sacrifice good players for him, because you must always have the option of benching him when he refuses to play hard, or play team ball.

Yes his personal offense is great, as is his rebounding. His effect on team offense and defense, though, is so negative that it just about completely offsets the positives he brings. He does not pass the ball very much (2.2 assists, for the guy who has the ball in his hands all the time, and a .69/1 assist/TO ratio. That's down in the territory of a center, and not even a very good one. Not what you want from a power forward.), and coasts on defense.
Schizophrenic

Postby KB24 on Sun May 13, 2007 8:48 am

Portland would definitely consider Kwame last year...

Zach was up for grabs just to get rid of his toxic contract. But he played the best year of his career after the microfracture surgery and looked really good.

For Kwame, I would really take a chance on him because he is an instant 20/10 but he has a lot of issues as well.

no shotblocking, horrible attitude, mostly jumpshooter from midrange, among the worst IQs in the league and health has been an issue in the past. He is very talented and if he can stay away from troubles he could be a great piece but its all IF and IF and IF....remains to be seen.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Crispy on Sun May 13, 2007 11:39 am

Definitely a possibility. Especially if we find a way to keep Odom and Bynum.

PG - Farmar
SG - Bryant
SF - Odom
PF - Randolph
C - Bynum

We just need veteran replacements for Farmar and Bynum.
Crispy

Postby FlyWhiteGuyE on Mon May 14, 2007 12:17 pm

Well I also heard that Sac is really looking to rid themselves of Artest as well. And that trading him for Kwame would benefit both teams. They both got about the same salary.

What low life would you rather have, Zach or Artest?

Then again, it's possible we could have both. The Lakers trade Kwame for Zach and Luke with either Sasha or Evans for Artest (another rumor I heard, though I'd hate to see Luke go).

You could then send Odom to Memphis for Gasol.

So you'd then have a Laker team that looked like this:

PF: Zach Randolph
SF: Ron Artest
C: Pau Gasol
SG: Kobe Bryant
PG: Jordan Farmar

We end up with four star players, even if two of them are drama and we keep our two future stars. I know, highly unlikely, but it sounds good to me t least.
FlyWhiteGuyE

Postby utcahoop on Thu May 17, 2007 2:23 pm

I don't like Zach & Ron together. I think Eddie Jones & Artest would be the best improvement for the price. EJ is an unrestricted FA and Artest for Luke & filler.

Jones/Farmar
Bryant/Evans
Artest/Rad
Odom/Turiaf

We still have Brown/Bynum/Cook/#19 to improve the #5 or use in a blockbuster for JO, Gasol, KG
utcahoop

Postby FlyWhiteGuyE on Thu May 17, 2007 3:35 pm

The problem with that idea is that KG and PG are both best at PF. That would push Odom where he should be, SF, but that's Artest's best position. You could always force the square peg into the circle hole and make Gasol play center of pick up O'Neal instead, but then you still have Odom playing PF. It'd work though I guess.
FlyWhiteGuyE

Postby FlyWhiteGuyE on Wed May 23, 2007 11:57 am

Well Zach's going to be a lot easier for someone to pick up now... Nick Collison as well.
FlyWhiteGuyE

Postby mateoelco79 on Wed May 23, 2007 2:21 pm

WHY do u people keep saying no defense? We dont have any defense now!! r u kidding me your saying brown has better defense then randolph. lol. I just posted this but i think we could get him for cheap. Portland doesnt have any room for him on that team. If they draft ODen then they have Aldrige to play the 4. Plus hes a straight baller, pretty much an all-star. He will be way cheaper then o'neal and KG
I miss Caron Butler...what a stupid trade.
mateoelco79

Postby KOBEtheGREAT81 on Thu May 24, 2007 4:43 pm

in yahoo it said portland is looking to trade him...and for cheap..... :mhihi: :mhihi:
KOBEtheGREAT81

Postby Chivalry on Fri May 25, 2007 6:05 pm

I really hope the Laker FO isn't simply too obsessed with star quality to overlook talent that comes at lower cost.

As much as I'd love to see KG or JO in the P&G, it would basically gut the franchise of talent. We don't have redundant talent. We would be stuck with a 2-star system without enough talent to get beyond Round 2 of the WCF.

So if Randolph is available and we don't have to give up Odom or Bynum, do that trade. Or if Artest is available and we can keep Odom and Bynum, do that trade. Either of these moves would address a current need. We would still have the MLE available.
Chivalry

Postby KOBEtheGREAT81 on Sat May 26, 2007 11:13 am

i think we would be able to land Artest without odom or bynum....you think thy wouold accept KB(bad one) and filler.....Sacremento says they really want him out

and For Zach.....they said they dont want much in return so they can concentrate on their draft player

LETS GET SOMETHING DONE MITCH!!!!!! :mad1:
KOBEtheGREAT81

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas