How to get Melo now!

How to get Melo now!

Postby shlugerb on Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:13 pm

I can't help but be a little nervous by the upgrades of Miami, Chicago and even Boston (Jermaine O'Neal), particularly Chicago, who are now rumored to be filling out their final week spot at shooting guard with Kyle Korver.

However, I am confident that the Lakers are still the more experienced and stronger team; but had some clear offensive letdowns throughout the season... so I think they could still improve their team on the offensive side.

My hope is that they sign Shannon Brown and package him up with Lamar Odom and Ron Artest and trade him to Denver for Carmelo.

This would be great for both teams:

Lakers Starters: Bynum, Gasol, Anthony, Kobe, X (hopefully Fisher)... with Blake, Sasha, Luke and A, B, C, D, E, F off the bench

Nuggets Starters: Nene, Odom, Artest, Billups, Brown... with Kmart, Bird Man, and whoever else coming off the bench.

Take that Wade County, Florida!
shlugerb

Re: How to get Melo now!

Postby kobeast on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:57 pm

hm, no thanks.
we give up too much.
kobeast

Postby TT24 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:58 pm

Why?
TT24

Postby nameant on Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:14 pm

New user registers and immediately makes a dumb thread. Seriously, is this like a requirement for noobs now?
nameant

Postby shlugerb on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:19 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome. I forgot that fan communities are for angry, lonely men living in their mom's basement who can't afford to go to the games. I guess I don't belong here. Sorry about the intrusion... it won't happen again.
shlugerb

Postby LakersChamps04 on Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:16 pm

FIRST OFF..welcome to CL..dont let this "reception" fool you..this place is awesome..lots of cool characters..at least you posted your idea in the right forum, which many vets around her dont even do haha

to be honest though, im not really a fan of your trade idea..we'd be giving up too much for melo, dont get me wrong, hes good, but not what LA needs..Ron is PERFECT for what LA needs..tough hard nosed defender..his offense this past season was a fluke..hes much better, and with another year under his belt, he'll fit in much better and be more fluid in the triangle offense

odom has too many intangibles..hes our 6th man and a huge reason why we 2Peated..and he'll be a huge reason why we'll have an advantage when we face the cHeat..odom makes our front court unstoppable..we have a borderline all star PF coming off the bench..thats KEY

Melo is a scorer..scoring isn't a problem when you have kobe and gasol and bynum..and artest too believe it or not

melo also requires the ball alot, which wont really work well the core we have right now

i think a much better idea would be to somehow get Kevin Durant and pair him up with Bynum once kobe hangs'em up...now THAT would be orgasmic!

welcome once again my fellow laker brotha!!!
LakersChamps04

Postby socaguy on Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:32 am

shlugerb wrote:
My hope is that they sign Shannon Brown and package him up with Lamar Odom and Ron Artest and trade him to Denver for Carmelo.

This would be great for both teams:

pls send your idea to:
LA Lakers
555 North Nash Street
El Segundo, CA 90245-2818
Attn: Mitch Kupcake

on a second thought, you ought to hand deliver it to ensure the mailman doesn't lose it
how do you like me now?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
socaguy

Postby cwill on Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:25 pm

give Denver Caracter,Eubanks,Sasha,Artest, Shannon and a 1st round pick, we still have Kobe,Fish,Blake,Luke,Odom,Pau,Barnes,Bynum,Ratliff and of course Carmelo, wow that is still pretty formidable.
cwill

Postby therealdeal on Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:54 pm

Trade 5 (+1) for 1. Smart.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby captainhoop on Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:20 pm

Pass...
HUGE LOS ANGELES LAKERS FAN & BASKETBALL CARD COLLECTOR!
CLICK ON THE BANNER FOR MY TRADELIST.

captainhoop

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas