Idea: 3 way w/Portland and Boston - Randolph & JJack to

Idea: 3 way w/Portland and Boston - Randolph & JJack to

Postby NY_Laker_Fan on Thu May 24, 2007 9:48 am

Just a thought I had after reading that Portland wanted to trade for another high 1st rounder to land Oden's PG buddy. And knowing that the Celtic are whinning about not getting a shot at Oden ...

We send to Boston:

Andrew Bynum
Vladimir Radmanovic
Brian Cook
Maurice Evans

Boston sends to Portland:

#5 pick
Theo Ratliff

Portland send to Lakers:

Zach Randolph
Jarrett Jack

Lakers to Portland:
A resigned Smush Parker

Boston gets their young, promising center.

Portland gets their pick for Oden's buddy AND a somewhat weteran PG while they develop Conley as their PG.

And we end up with a front line of Randolph, Odom, and Kwame while adding a promising young PG.

Jarret/Farmar
Kobe
Kwame/Mihm
Randolph/Turiaf
Odom/Walton
NY_Laker_Fan

Postby strikemode14 on Thu May 24, 2007 10:14 am

Not the worst deal I have heard.

Portland does this trade no sweat. Not that they have Roy Jack is expendable and it's a good way to get rid of Randolph. Plus having two lotto picks is good for them.

The lakers would have to be talked into this one but, they may bite if they feel Randloph will behave.

A team of

Jack/Famar
Kobe
Odom
Randolph
Kwame

can compete

Boston maybe the probelm though. They really have

A. Not have anyone of interest to use with that 5th
B. Really really like Bynum to lose that pick and take on Vlad's horrible contract when they another horrible one in Wally.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby NY_Laker_Fan on Thu May 24, 2007 11:31 am

You may be right. But I would sweeten the deal for them is that is what it took. I'd substitute a resigned Walton for Evans or Cook or thrown in a second rounder. Vlad has to stay to make the salaries work under the CBA.
NY_Laker_Fan

Postby Savory Griddles on Thu May 24, 2007 1:20 pm

Realistic I suppose, but I wouldn't do it. Randolph doesn't do anything to solve our interior defense. He actually makes it worse. Jack, while better than Smush, isn't enough of an upgrade to justify giving up Bynum.

Besides, with the way the balls bounced for Portland, they may be willing to unload Randolph for less than that. Kwame, Sasha and 19 may be enough, no joke. They would probably be happy to just get out from under his contract. Kwame and Sasha both do that, and they could use that 19th pick to move up a bit and try to snatch Connely (who I think is completely overrated and is being done to placate Oden).
Savory Griddles

Postby winstonemby on Thu May 24, 2007 1:48 pm

god would I LOVE that deal

C Kwame
PF Randolph
SF Odom
SG Kobe
PG Jack
winstonemby

Postby tttppp on Thu May 24, 2007 2:06 pm

strikemode14 wrote:Not the worst deal I have heard.

Portland does this trade no sweat. Not that they have Roy Jack is expendable and it's a good way to get rid of Randolph. Plus having two lotto picks is good for them.

The lakers would have to be talked into this one but, they may bite if they feel Randloph will behave.

A team of

Jack/Famar
Kobe
Odom
Randolph
Kwame

can compete

Boston maybe the probelm though. They really have

A. Not have anyone of interest to use with that 5th
B. Really really like Bynum to lose that pick and take on Vlad's horrible contract when they another horrible one in Wally.

Your wrong. Thats not the worst deal ever. Chad Ford proposed an even dumber idea (in another thread). But your right, this is a very stupid trade.
tttppp

Postby crucifido on Thu May 24, 2007 4:01 pm

I wouldn't be opposed to a deal like that at all.

Though Randolph does nothing for our defensive woes, for the players you're giving up you get two good dividends in return - the least of which is Randolph.

Holding onto Kwame and LO while adding Jack and Randolph - yeah - that isn't terrible at all. Now all oyu have to do is get Portland to sign off on it, wehich might be next improbable.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Amongst_Kings on Thu May 24, 2007 4:18 pm

crucifido wrote:I wouldn't be opposed to a deal like that at all.

Though Randolph does nothing for our defensive woes, for the players you're giving up you get two good dividends in return - the least of which is Randolph.

Holding onto Kwame and LO while adding Jack and Randolph - yeah - that isn't terrible at all. Now all oyu have to do is get Portland to sign off on it, wehich might be next improbable.

Id think Portland would be all over that deal.

Clearly they are THE team of the future. Doing that trade gets them a great pg prospect who happens to be there soon to be number one picks best friend while also getting tons of cap relief. Which would allow them to sign a big star next year.

Oden/Aldridge/Outlaw/Roy/Conley Jr and tons of cap space...thats prety damn scary
Amongst_Kings

Postby 10scott10 on Thu May 24, 2007 4:23 pm

definitly not horrible. we get to keep atleast one real center and though i don't like giving up bynum, we aren't really giving up a ton of talent beside him. i would think that boston would rather have sasha over cook because sasha is an expring contract
10scott10

Postby z32 on Thu May 24, 2007 4:44 pm

If none of our other deals fall through, I wouldn't mind this backup plan.
z32

Postby xXXInvisibleXXx on Thu May 24, 2007 5:10 pm

Say no to Zach.
Image\

The Evolution of Darkness'
xXXInvisibleXXx

Postby japanezehomeless on Thu May 24, 2007 6:11 pm

xXXInvisibleXXx wrote:Say no to Zach.

we NEED a defensive presence inside. i know JO is injury-prone but he definitely fits the bill. randolph, though he gets boards, isn't known for his defense. on offense he's gonna be shooting from the perimeter just inside the 3
japanezehomeless

Postby strikemode14 on Thu May 24, 2007 6:16 pm

crucifido wrote:I wouldn't be opposed to a deal like that at all.

Portland would do this with a smile. They get rid of Randolph which opens it up for a Oden/Aldridge PF/C combo. They can get their one need at SF with the 5th pick. Lakers would have to be coxed into this deal and Boston would definately have to be convinced with this one as well.

tttppp wrote:
Your wrong. Thats not the worst deal ever. Chad Ford proposed an even dumber idea (in another thread). But your right, this is a very stupid trade.

you misread my posts this deal isn't that bad. I mean any deal that allows you to keep Odom and Kwame and still get possibly a future starting PG and a 24 and 10 big man is a great deal.

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby strikemode14 on Thu May 24, 2007 6:19 pm

NY_Laker_Fan wrote:You may be right. But I would sweeten the deal for them is that is what it took. I'd substitute a resigned Walton for Evans or Cook or thrown in a second rounder. Vlad has to stay to make the salaries work under the CBA.

Well what you could do is S&T for a resigned Walton and Smush (probaly command 2 or 3 million a season) then add the Evans and cook contract that should make the numbers work I think. I think the deal is pretty shaky on boston's side and I do believe how bad Vlad's contract is would be a deal breaker.

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby FlyWhiteGuyE on Fri May 25, 2007 11:59 am

Yeah, let's give Portland another young potential future star...

If we're going to trade for Zach it's much better we part with Kwame, or even Luke with Evans or Sasha.
FlyWhiteGuyE

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas