Iggy for Bynum

Iggy for Bynum

Postby strikemode14 on Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:37 am

Seeing that this part of the forum is slower then molasses on a cold day I thought I bring up a trade scenario.

I am looking for a man or woman to take a Iggy for Bynum deal. Iggy=Andre Igodula.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:45 am

I would trade Odom and Bynum for Webber and Iggy in a heartbeat. How bad does Philly want to rid themselves of Webber's contract? I doubt this would ever go down; Philly is in love with Iggy, but oh well, it's the offseason...

We'd gain a 20/10 guy and a fantastic role player who cares about his D. Webber is a much better PF fit than what we have. He'd complement Kwame very well. Iggy working with Kobe would be incredible. Both have tremendous respect for the other, and defensively, we improve significantly.

PG - Smush/Williams
SG - Bryant/Evans
SF - Iggy/Walton
PF - Webber/Vlad/Turiaf
C - Kwame/Mihm

People here will say that Webber's best days are behind him, and they are, but the team would be significantly better those two. Webber can still nail the open jumper and grab as many rebounds as Odom. His contract also expires in 2010 (I believe, which is the Wade/LeBron years).

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby badboyhoward on Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:38 am

the lakers had a chance to get iggy, when kobe told them to draft him.
badboyhoward

Postby 2Pacalypse on Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:40 am

badboyhoward wrote:the lakers had a chance to get iggy, when kobe told them to draft him.

Hello, Iggy was a lottery and the Lakers had a late first round pick. Nobody wanted to trade down.
2Pacalypse
<b><font color="red">Random Thread King

Postby 2Pacalypse on Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:41 am

2Pacalypse

Postby simpleomahadude on Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:19 pm

Webber just makes any trade look bad at this stage in his career.
simpleomahadude

Postby Crispy on Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:22 pm

we dont need another sf. i want to wait for bynum to develop.
Crispy

Postby 2Pacalypse on Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:24 pm

crispy wrote:we dont need another sf. i want to wait for bynum to develop.

:jam2:
2Pacalypse

Postby strikemode14 on Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:02 pm

Honestly I take Iggy over any SF we have right now...Yes that includes Odom.

Honestly our Center rotation IMO is at least solid enough to develop a winning team with Kwame starting and Mihm coming off the bench. Our better yet Odom/Bynum for Iggy/Webber. IMO we will be instant contenders.

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Crispy on Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:25 pm

strikemode14 wrote:

Honestly our Center rotation IMO is at least solid enough to develop a winning team with Kwame starting and Mihm coming off the bench. Our better yet Odom/Bynum for Iggy/Webber. IMO we will be instant contenders.

we drafted bynum for 1 reason. there are few and fewer 7 footers in the nba. bynums 7'1, athletic, and can rebound and swat. im defintely taking that over an undersized sf. you saw what happened in the 06 draft. it was just lacking true centers. believe me, if bynum came out of his freshman year at uconn, toronto wouldve taken him 1st.

the sixers would jump all over this deal, because they already drafted carney and they have korver.

at this stage in bynums career, if we trade him, i want a top 5 draft pick or an allstar. hes just loaded with potential.
Crispy

Postby Helljumper on Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:58 pm

crispy wrote:
strikemode14 wrote:

we drafted bynum for 1 reason. there are few and fewer 7 footers in the nba. bynums 7'1, athletic, and can rebound and swat. im defintely taking that over an undersized sf. you saw what happened in the 06 draft. it was just lacking true centers. believe me, if bynum came out of his freshman year at uconn, toronto wouldve taken him 1st.

the sixers would jump all over this deal, because they already drafted carney and they have korver.

at this stage in bynums career, if we trade him, i want a top 5 draft pick or an allstar. hes just loaded with potential.

Trust me, no team is going to give up an all-star straight up for Bynum.
Helljumper

Postby Weezy on Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:03 pm

Iggy's a great player, but we have too many guys his size and without Bynum we'd be undersized. This would only work if we could get another big. But yeah, I doubt Philly would do this.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby 2Pacalypse on Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:06 pm

Weezy wrote:Iggy's a great player, but we have too many guys his size and without Bynum we'd be undersized. This would only work if we could get another big. But yeah, I doubt Philly would do this.

:man10: :man10: :man10: >>>Iggy is not a great player. Iggy is a good player but he is not a great player yet. Great players are Lebron, KG, Kobe, Wade, Shaq, Duncan, ect.>>>Iggy.
2Pacalypse

Postby Weezy on Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:13 pm

I fail to see what's funny about me saying Iggy is a great player. Iggy is a great player. The guys you listed are incredible, phenomenal players. In the NBA you have to be good or great to make it. I stand by what I said, Iggy is a great player, he's a highlight reel every game and this is only going to be his 3rd year, he's great.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Crispy on Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:15 pm

Helljumper wrote:
crispy wrote:
strikemode14 wrote:

Trust me, no team is going to give up an all-star straight up for Bynum.

ok, maybe not allstars. but maybe guys like boozer, harrington, deng, iggy, etc. i dont want iggy/deng though because were loaded at SF
Crispy

Postby 2Pacalypse on Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:17 pm

Weezy wrote:I fail to see what's funny about me saying Iggy is a great player. Iggy is a great player. The guys you listed are incredible, phenomenal players. In the NBA you have to be good or great to make it. I stand by what I said, Iggy is a great player, he's a highlight reel every game and this is only going to be his 3rd year, he's great.

Just because you are playing in the NBA does not mean you are a great player. I agree you have to be a good player t play in the NBA. Josh Smith is a highlight reel every night does that make great?
2Pacalypse

Postby Weezy on Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:20 pm

No, but Iggy is way better than Josh Smith. He practicaly shut down Kobe Bryant the last time they played ( as much as you can shut Kobe down). Iggy is the second best player on Philly and he was a sophomore in the NBA and you're telling me he isn't great. Good players don't break out and get talked about and recognized like he has been, great players do.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby 2Pacalypse on Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:26 pm

Weezy wrote:No, but Iggy is way better than Josh Smith. He practicaly shut down Kobe Bryant the last time they played ( as much as you can shut Kobe down). Iggy is the second best player on Philly and he was a sophomore in the NBA and you're telling me he isn't great. Good players don't break out and get talked about and recognized like he has been, great players do.

Steve Blake shut down Kobe last time does that make him great? I am saying he is not great. What has Iggy done in the NBA? No rings, No defensive teams, Not an All-star. Just because you are a good player does not make you great. AH is a good player does that make him great. AH is a better player than Iggy so he must be a great player? :man3:
2Pacalypse

Postby Weezy on Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:28 pm

I'm not gonna argue with you dude, you're just some guy I don't know and so far you've said Iggy isn't a great player and Farmar will be sent to the D-League, hardly anything I agree with.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby 2Pacalypse on Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:33 pm

Weezy wrote:I'm not gonna argue with you dude, you're just some guy I don't know and so far you've said Iggy isn't a great player and Farmar will be sent to the D-League, hardly anything I agree with.

I said Farmar maybe sent down to the NBDL... Iggy is not a great player.
2Pacalypse

Postby ibejeph on Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:56 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:I would trade Odom and Bynum for Webber and Iggy in a heartbeat. How bad does Philly want to rid themselves of Webber's contract? I doubt this would ever go down; Philly is in love with Iggy, but oh well, it's the offseason...

We'd gain a 20/10 guy and a fantastic role player who cares about his D. Webber is a much better PF fit than what we have. He'd complement Kwame very well. Iggy working with Kobe would be incredible. Both have tremendous respect for the other, and defensively, we improve significantly.

PG - Smush/Williams
SG - Bryant/Evans
SF - Iggy/Walton
PF - Webber/Vlad/Turiaf
C - Kwame/Mihm

People here will say that Webber's best days are behind him, and they are, but the team would be significantly better those two. Webber can still nail the open jumper and grab as many rebounds as Odom. His contract also expires in 2010 (I believe, which is the Wade/LeBron years).

Webber would be magical in the triangle. A big man who can pass and score. Even with busted knees, CWeb is a 20/10 guy. Kwame there to do the dirty work. Dang, I'd like that.
ibejeph

Postby lotus on Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:57 am

simpleomahadude wrote:Webber just makes any trade look bad at this stage in his career.

Agreed. Webber is done.

Those that think he would be great in the triangle now are fantasizing about who he was 5 years ago. If he had been in the triangle earlier in his career, he would have been awesome, sans the injuries.
lotus

Postby Klewfish on Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:00 pm

I think Josh Smith is wayyyy better than Iggy. On the other hand I am a huge Iggy fan, and would do this deal. A defender with an amazing work ethic.
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator

Postby NUMBER 8 on Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:23 pm

this is a news break to you, bynum will never be anything more than a mediocre nba player
NUMBER 8

Postby strikemode14 on Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:53 pm

lotus wrote:
simpleomahadude wrote:Webber just makes any trade look bad at this stage in his career.

Agreed. Webber is done.

Those that think he would be great in the triangle now are fantasizing about who he was 5 years ago. If he had been in the triangle earlier in his career, he would have been awesome, sans the injuries.

So being a 20 and 10 player qualifies as being done? :man10: Throw in the fact he can shoot the ball and is a great passer he is a great fit in the triangle. IMO simply put Webber and AI=Lakers are a contender again.

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Next

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas