Instead of Gasol for Rondo

Instead of Gasol for Rondo

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:59 am

I MAKE THIS TRADE!
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7gtkh4f

We fix our two most glaring weaknesses, PG and SF shooting/scoring, and we get a 7 footer (Biedrins) back for Gasol, so we don't lose our size advantage. Granted Andres is not as good offensively, but in comparable minutes he is significantly better at boards and blocks. We can space the floor much more effectively with our two knock down shooters, and we can combine several different line-ups that are both defensive AND highly efficient shooting the ball on the perimeter. Bynum and Kobe will have all the room they need to operate close to the basket, and if they don't, then we have SIX, COUNT 'EM SIX!!! players that are more than capable of averaging WELL over 35% from downtown. After the trade, the roster has 1 open space. I would sign Rasheed Wallace. The roster looks like this:

PG: Curry / Blake / Fisher
SG: Kobe / Goudelock / Kapono
SF: Wright / World Peace / Ebanks / Walton
PF: Biedrins / Wallace / Murphy
C: Bynum / McRoberts

We can amnesty World Peace in the off-season. Luke's contract becomes a $6.1m expiring contract, and don't forget our $8.9m TPE and TWO first round picks in a deep draft. We have found good talent with late second round picks, so two first rounders ought to get us a few quality role players. If Orlando wants to do a Bynum/Howard swap before the deadline, we can negotiate that as well.
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Re: Instead of Gasol for Rondo

Postby vaylen on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:34 am

Snakell Beast wrote:I MAKE THIS TRADE!
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7gtkh4f

We fix our two most glaring weaknesses, PG and SF shooting/scoring, and we get a 7 footer (Biedrins) back for Gasol, so we don't lose our size advantage. Granted Andres is not as good offensively, but in comparable minutes he is significantly better at boards and blocks. We can space the floor much more effectively with our two knock down shooters, and we can combine several different line-ups that are both defensive AND highly efficient shooting the ball on the perimeter. Bynum and Kobe will have all the room they need to operate close to the basket, and if they don't, then we have SIX, COUNT 'EM SIX!!! players that are more than capable of averaging WELL over 35% from downtown. After the trade, the roster has 1 open space. I would sign Rasheed Wallace. The roster looks like this:

PG: Curry / Blake / Fisher
SG: Kobe / Goudelock / Kapono
SF: Wright / World Peace / Ebanks / Walton
PF: Biedrins / Wallace / Murphy
C: Bynum / McRoberts

We can amnesty World Peace in the off-season. Luke's contract becomes a $6.1m expiring contract, and don't forget our $8.9m TPE and TWO first round picks in a deep draft. We have found good talent with late second round picks, so two first rounders ought to get us a few quality role players. If Orlando wants to do a Bynum/Howard swap before the deadline, we can negotiate that as well.

Understatement of the century!

You wouldn't do this deal if the $10mil/yr going to Biedrins was your money. In fact, if you did this, you'd probably be better served using the amnesty on Biedrins than on Metta or Luke.
vaylen

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:02 am

Why the hell would Golden State make this trade?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:53 pm

therealdeal wrote:Why the hell would Golden State make this trade?

Well, they were considering trading David Lee (18 and 10) and Steph Curry for Gasol, so Biedrins and Wright (a combined 13ppg) is probably more realistic. First, they get a front court of Gasol/Lee, pretty damn good. Second, they instantly become a playoff team, meaning playoff dollars. Third, they solve the roster duplication problem of having two players that simply don't fit well with each other. They are basically trading a 16 ppg player in the backcourt at 45%fg for a 16ppg front court player at 51% FG...also their rebounding and post defense get WAY better. Plus, I think Gasol averages about 18-20ppg with them as the #2 option to Ellis. I think it is a great deal for both teams, as evidenced by the fact that BOTH teams GAIN projected wins in the trade machine.

vaylen wrote:Understatement of the century!

Actually, not really. During the only season he got 30+mpg (3 seasons ago, and he is still only 26), he averaged 11.9ppg at 57% FG. Not too far off of Pau's usual 18ppg, but certainly less. Comparing Pau at 16 ppg to Andris' projected 12ppg is not any kind of statement of the century, especially considering that Biedrins would be playing at his natural PF spot, rather than playing as a mismatched center on an undersized lottery team.
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:55 am

How about this trade:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=72zzcqp

Lakers Recieve:
Okafor, Ariza, Jack

Hornets Recieve:
$6.79m TPE
2 first round picks
Walton's $6.1m expiring contract
Fisher's $3.5m expiring contract
Josh McRoberts $3m expiring contract
Matt Barnes' contract (up this season)
Andrew Goudelock

The hornets want to shed salary. They remove their three largest contracts with this trade. The Hornets also want draft picks and assets in place of their players. La gives them 2 first round picks in the upcoming DEEP draft, 3 quality expiring contracts (total value roughly 13 million dollars), a 6.7 million dollar TPE and an up and comer in Drew Goudelock...now that's what I call youth, assets and picks!!! :man4:

LA takes on a lot of salary, but we also solve our two biggest weaknesses, free up space to get Arenas and Wallace (while taking a shot at JR Smith as well with the final open roster spot) and FINALLY replace Odom with Okafor. Now, even with Bynum off the floor, we have size and shot blocking in the paint. Okafor can always be with either Pau or Andrew on the floor...which means no more parades to the basket for opponents against our bench defense. The main benefit of this deal would be that the big three stay together, and receive MUCH more scoring punch from the other two starters, which will carry over to the bench. We add depth to the point guard spot, and weset ourselves up to save money in the offseason when we amnesty MWP. We can still make a Howard trade, if Orlando is willing...although we won't have much to offer beyond Bynum.
Snakell Beast

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:53 am

Snakell Beast wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Why the hell would Golden State make this trade?

Well, they were considering trading David Lee (18 and 10) and Steph Curry for Gasol, so Biedrins and Wright (a combined 13ppg) is probably more realistic. First, they get a front court of Gasol/Lee, pretty damn good. Second, they instantly become a playoff team, meaning playoff dollars. Third, they solve the roster duplication problem of having two players that simply don't fit well with each other. They are basically trading a 16 ppg player in the backcourt at 45%fg for a 16ppg front court player at 51% FG...also their rebounding and post defense get WAY better. Plus, I think Gasol averages about 18-20ppg with them as the #2 option to Ellis. I think it is a great deal for both teams, as evidenced by the fact that BOTH teams GAIN projected wins in the trade machine.

I don't remember ever hearing them considering that trade. From what I remember the Lakers called and Golden State refused them. Not to mention Curry is a big injury risk the kid has ankles of glass. I don't know if I would do that trade.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby venturalakersfan on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:18 pm

I'll stick with Gasol for Rondo.
"Just to be safe, 5% of Americans bring their passports when traveling to New Mexico."
- David Letterman
venturalakersfan

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas