Jerryd Bayless

Jerryd Bayless

Postby pureuncut100 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:23 am

According to many sources the Blazers dont want Jerryd Bayless and are very active in shopping him, especially after signing Andre Miller.

This is just one source: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13435

I thought Bayless had a very high ceiling coming out of the draft. I still think he has all the tools to be a very good point guard one day. Speed, height, quickness, athleticism, strength, a jumper and a bright guy. I simply think that he could be better than Farmar or Shannon Brown. I think if the Lakers wanted him, they could get him. If he were a better player or showed more promise in his first year then I dont think Portland would trade him to a Western Conference team, especially the Lakers. But its not like I am talking about trading Pau for Aldridge. This could be a financial or draft pick trade that could pay off big in the future.

I think Bayless could be a much better replacement for Fisher than Farmar or Brown. If Portland is thinking about money though, then a financial trade in their favor would be sending Adam Morrison back home to his fan base. Morrison for Bayless (and incidentals).
pureuncut100

Re: Jerryd Bayless

Postby AztecaEmperor on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:52 pm

I don't think the Lakers want to be doing any trading unless its a blockbuster deal that unloads our bad contracts and brings in some good talent. The only thing thier worried about is signing Odom and perhaps adding a couple of SOLID players and saving some cash.
AztecaEmperor

Postby khmrP on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:45 am

Por. can get a much better package for Bayless than Ammo, they're not really hurting when it comes to their cap, Alridge/Roy are both still on Rookie contracts.
khmrP

Postby NobodyKnows41 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:22 pm

Good idea! I would trade Farmar for Bayless in a heartbeat! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
NobodyKnows41

Postby TT24 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:25 pm

^Will Portland do it? Doubt it.
TT24

Postby Lakerfan1286 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:31 pm

Why do I keep hearing Morrison as a possible trading chip? No GM in their right mind would think about bringin him in for anything more than a ham sandwich so implying that he could be turned into a young PG with a very bright future is utter nonsense. The point of trading is to get something in return.
Lakerfan1286

Postby Biz on Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:01 pm

Lakerfan1286 wrote:Why do I keep hearing Morrison as a possible trading chip? No GM in their right mind would think about bringin him in for anything more than a ham sandwich so implying that he could be turned into a young PG with a very bright future is utter nonsense. The point of trading is to get something in return.

Morrison is an expiring contract. An expiring contract for 2010 is VERY valuable given the free agents that will be available next summer and the fact that the economy is in terrible shape.

Not saying that morrison would yield bayless but just pointing out that Ammo's contract makes him valuable, not his (in)ability to play in the NBA.
Biz

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas