Joe Alexander?

Joe Alexander?

Postby laakers on Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:20 pm

This kid was a really good player in college, and he just hit a lot of injuries, and hasnt played yet this season, and he will be a free agent over the summer, so he will probably be overlooked by all the big free agents. Should we try to pick him up? He has a ton of potential. He's a sophomore btw and currently with the Bucks. I've really liked this kid and always had big expectations and high hopes for him, and I think in the right system he can be really good. What do you think?
laakers

Re: Joe Alexander?

Postby Thenextgreat on Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:23 pm

He was good at WV but since then I've heard nothing about him.
Thenextgreat

Postby laakers on Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:29 pm

ktate14 wrote:He was good at WV but since then I've heard nothing about him.

as i said... injuries. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/p ... yerId=3411

he played 59 games last year, got 5 ppg 1 apg and 2 rpg.. in 12 minutes. pretty good. plus that was only his rookie year! and he is VERY athletic
laakers

Postby blakeruns on Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:35 pm

right now, this is not Lakers Discussion....

this would fit better into the Trade and Signing Ideas section
trade-ideas/
keepin it fresh eight days a week
blakeruns
CL Global Moderator

Postby laakers on Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:40 pm

aw.. ok
laakers

Postby The Black Mamba on Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:19 pm

No....just no! For many reasons, the most pertinent of which is that he's a young tweener, with limited skills. Who do you trade for him? Trading Morrison would actually be a downgrade in my opinion, since Adam possesses a specialty, where as Alexander is still trying to find his way in the league. There's no way I would want this guy on the Lakers.
"That's what I'm talkin' about. You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playing that stuff....You can't come over to our place talking noise like that. You'll get your butt beat. I was about to go down the elevator to get in that thing....."

-Lamar Thomas, former NFL color commentator
The Black Mamba

Postby TKainZero on Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:58 am

Adams Morrisons only speciality is racking up DNP-Coaches Descion.
100 people see fire.
99 start screaming and getting hysterical over all the smoke.
I start looking for the cause.

Concern yourselves with the Problems, not the Symptoms.
TKainZero

Postby The Black Mamba on Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:28 am

TKainZero wrote:Adams Morrisons only speciality is racking up DNP-Coaches Descion.

When you've got Ron Artest, Lamar Odom, and Luke Walton playing ahead of you on the depth chart, I don't see how a DNP would be a bad thing. His specialty is that he can shoot the 3 ball with efficiency, in the right situation. What's Joe Alexander's specialty? (That's a rhetorical question).
"That's what I'm talkin' about. You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playing that stuff....You can't come over to our place talking noise like that. You'll get your butt beat. I was about to go down the elevator to get in that thing....."

-Lamar Thomas, former NFL color commentator
The Black Mamba

Postby LakerPride247 on Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:56 am

Alexander is a very good athlete, but from what I gather from the few times I've watched him, as well as the opinion of Bucks fans, the guy has very little in the way of a competent IQ when it comes to understanding the game of basketball.
“This contract with Joel Anthony is a testament to the man who is second to none; who has worked hard and deserved this,” said Heat President Pat Riley. “We felt that what he has done over the last couple of years in developing his game, his body and his knowledge warrants this reward. If other NBA non-drafted free agents want a prototype to follow, Joel Anthony is that man."

Heat President/Acid abuser Pat Riley
LakerPride247

Postby khmrP on Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:51 pm

how can trading Ammo be a downgrade? Never seen Alexander play but please Ammo has no specialty, he BRICKS as many open shots as Sasha. We been pretty lucky with other's "trash" i.e. Brown/Ariza, dont see what it would hurt to take a chance on this guy.
khmrP

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas