Jordan Farmar for Kyle Weaver

Jordan Farmar for Kyle Weaver

Postby LAKEROC on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:15 am

I like Kyle as a basketball player and as a person. He is 6-6 and can play both guard spots. He's a good defender and would thrive in our offense. Jordan is a talented, yet enigmatic point guard who would thrive in a more run and gun type of offene like Oklahoma's.

Would Oklahoma City consider this deal?
LAKEROC

Re: Jordan Farmar for Kyle Weaver

Postby LAKEROC on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:38 am

In an absolute perfect world, I would love to shop Jordan Farmar's expiring and Adam Morrison's expiring to Oklahoma City for Russell Westbrook, but the chance of that happening is like Westbrook's number...0. Russell is a great team player, would thrive in our offense and is just the player we need right now.

However, Farmar for Weaver I'm sure could be doable, and I think the Lakers would be making a samrt move in doing that. :jam2:
LAKEROC

Postby Larry14r on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:41 am

LAKEROC wrote:I like Kyle as a basketball player and as a person. He is 6-6 and can play both guard spots. He's a good defender and would thrive in our offense. Jordan is a talented, yet enigmatic point guard who would thrive in a more run and gun type of offene like Oklahoma's.

Would Oklahoma City consider this deal?

It's 50/50 because everyteam might not want to trade with us anymore because we keep trying to rip them off, but sometimes some teams do end up giving in so there's hope.
Larry14r

Postby therealdeal on Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:07 am

No.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LAKEROC on Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:37 pm

No as in you don't want to see this trade happen, or no, in terms of you don't think Oklahoma City would go for it. I personally think they would do it, but as a poster above me stated, teams are skeptical of trading with us, since we have raped every team we have traded with since the Ariza deal. I personally think, Weaver has enough of a ceiling to grow into a very nice player, but is still a relative unknown for many people. Kyle's attitude and work ethic are much better than Farmar's, and he is a more mature individual. I would be very pleased if Mitch could at least look into this.
LAKEROC

Postby therealdeal on Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:40 pm

OKC wouldn't go for it and the Lakers shouldn't push it yet.

RIght now, it's too early to pull that trigger. Farmar, Brown and Fisher are all helping push each other to be better and as long as that holds true, the team is better off.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LAKEROC on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:56 pm

Weaver would be excellent in the triangle offense. Jordan's contract comes off the books, and Phil Jackson loves tall guards who are good passers, which is what Kyle Weaver is. I don't like Faramr's attitude, and think it is a cancer at times. I really think we should get Weaver while he is flying low on the rader. The guy could be something special here in LA.
LAKEROC

Postby therealdeal on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:06 am

Well that's you opinion my friend, but it doesn't ring the most true.

Farmar hasn't proven to be a cancer this season and as long as he's working for a contract, he's going to be trying his hardest every night. He's made it clear he wants to be the next starter, and in two games so far he's shown that he's trying to work for it.

He is a valuable trading asset, but why pull the trigger early when you don't have to? Weaver isn't good enough to throw away Jordan when his ceiling is so high right now.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LAKEROC on Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:45 pm

As I have said, what an absolute dream it would be to bring Russell Westbrook back to where he belongs...in Southern California. The guy has such a winners mentality and is avery good defender. I would have personally be Mitch's slave for a year if he somehow convinced Oklahoma City for Jordan Farmar, Adam Morrison and a 1st rounder for Westbrook. Not going to happen in a million years, but if Mitch could pull that one off with our expirings, a staute was be erected in his name. :jam2:
LAKEROC

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas