Just an idea...

Just an idea...

Postby OnlyKingsHaveRings on Fri May 13, 2011 7:50 pm

What if the Lakers are able to pull another Heist! Trade Fisher, Blake, and Gasol for Paul and Landry. Then trade Artest and Bynum for Redick and Howard. Then sign Goran Dragic and either Tayshaun Prince or AK47 in the offseason.

Lineup:
Paul/Dragic
Kobe/Brown(mite op)
Prince or AK47/Barnes
Landry/Odom
Howard/(sign a garbage center)

Sign Rick Adelman

Lakers spent over 91 million this year, trading guys for cheaper contracts seem like a smart move. Just an idea...what do you think?
OnlyKingsHaveRings

Re: Just an idea...

Postby diehard on Sat May 14, 2011 1:04 pm

While I like the idea, I don't see it happening. A different possibility could be the following (it works in ESPN Trade Machine)

Trade Bynum/Blake/Walton to Orlando for Howard/Turkoglu (the Magic are looking to unload his disappointing contract)

Trade Gasol/Odom to New Jersey for Darren Williams/Anthony Morrow/Travis Outlaw (Williams isn't going to stay there and they get two legitimate big men) We get a stud PG, Morrow is a great backup SG and Outlaw is a young, long, athletic wing.

Williams/Fisher
Bryant/Morrow/Ebanks
Barnes/Artest/Outlaw
( )/Turkoglu/Caracter
Howard/( )

Unrestricted Free Agents that could fill the holes...
Troy Murphy
Kwame Brown
Joel Pryzbilla
Kurt Thomas
Kenyon Martin
Jeff Foster
Leon Powe
Carl Landry
Kyrylo Fesenko

(I also think the triangle has to go because we can never pick anybody up who is going to contribute at the trade deadline or when players get cut/bought out at the end of the year.)
"Be true to yourself and you will never fall."

Ron Artest: Is it freaky if your girl has a barbed wired thong and comes in the room with plastic sporks? Twitter
diehard

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas