Who would you rather trade Caron for?

Kwame Brown straight up
27%
Package Atkins and Cook for Magloire and/or PJ Brown
72%

Total votes : 44

Kwame/Caron, who else is involved?

Postby draftjack&Diogu on Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:06 pm

I would hope we would get a future 1st or 2nd rounder because Kwame is anything but proven and Caron is a rising star in the making, which leads me to my next question, should we trade staight up Kwame for Caron, or Kwame and a pick for Caron? I think Brown has great upside and I think Phil can bring it out of him and make him into a star
BYE CARON, IT WAS A GOOD YEAR
draftjack&Diogu

Postby xX As GrEaT As 8 Xx on Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:18 pm

I think it is true that Phil could bring out the portential in Brown, but it wouldn't happen until probably the end of Phil's contract when Kwame begins to get comfortable with everything. I also think that Phil would only turn him into a better player than he is. On the other hand, i think Caron has potential to become an all-star, and is already a good player. We shouldn't give him up for a guy that won't really help us next year. :disagree: PJ Brown, though past his prime, can still help us with his shooting, and Jamal Magloire is definitely a better player than Kwame Brown. Jamal and PJ Brown will help us get into the playoffs soon, while Kwame will still take time to improve.
xX As GrEaT As 8 Xx

Postby stigmaXXL on Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:59 pm

we already have a project in bynum but then i thnk of JO and i get butterflies... what if we get him on a small contract and he averages 15/7 in a year.
stigmaXXL

Postby LakerLove on Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:52 pm

the problem is that washington knows how good he is but because of his stubborness he wont give it to them....simply i dont think caron gets this done, itl take more than caron i believe...maybe not much but more to match the s&t. i really hope we can work this out...thoughts of us getting anything else in this deal should be forgotten about. potential to be a j.o. type player and worst case scenario i believe him to be a ben wallace type...he just needs a second chance to start over and a player like kobe to help showcase his talents and build his confidence.
LakerLove

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:02 pm

dont you ppl realize it cant be caron for kwame straight up! the salaries will not match. if its goes down its guaranteed that other players are involved.

Postby toekneeg on Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:23 pm

wouldn't it work with one of our trade exceptions?
toekneeg

Postby eNlight on Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:21 am

i have a feeling if we do aquire kwame, he's going to be taught defense, and he won't have the ball much in his hands. they just want him to bang the boards and use his muscle body to defend.
eNlight

Postby silversyphon41 on Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:25 am

I thought the Caron for Kwame trade would be straight 1 for 1 swap, or it would be Kwame and another Wizard for Butler, but apparently it'd be Caron and an LA filler for Kwame. It doesn't sound too good now.
KOBE + BYNUM & TURIAF + GOOD PG = SELL OUT CROWD! BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS LA!
silversyphon41

Postby KB24 on Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:50 am

Is this a joke?
Who wouldn´t trade Sucky and Cook and co for Magloire?

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby LAKERSPR on Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:05 pm

I read,that lakers involved caron and:vlade o geroge o atkins for kwame brown.

and the contract of kwame will be of 2 years a the 3rd year on the lakers option.

bcuz,for the 2007 is yao ming and amare unrestricted free agents,so,in 2 more year we still under de cap,so,this trade don affect us with the salary.

And i hope n i believe in the potential of kwame,maybe i'm crazy ,but for me,kwame under phil,out of washington on the city like los angeles he would be a good and solid pf,who can help us.

i see him like 34-38 mins,without injuries,with this number

15-16ppg,7-9 rebs,1.3-2 blks per game.

i think kwame healthy with a coach like phil,with a teamate like,kobe,odom,fans like los ageneles,he would be good.

sorry for my writting error,but i'm not speak too much english n i cant write en exellent english,but i like to read ur post every day.

go lakers next season we're going straight to the playoffs
<<<<LAKERSPR>>>>
LAKERSPR

Postby farhan810 on Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:16 pm

toekneeg wrote:wouldn't it work with one of our trade exceptions?

I think so.
WE BELIEVE.
farhan810

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas