Lakers making a push for Chris Paul

Postby Mark McNamara on Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:31 am

LakersCourt wrote:The chances are contingent upon Marvin falling to Atlanta at #2 and Gerald Green going to Portland at #3. This is the scenario, Laker fans that we must shoot and root for to happen, if you want to see Paul here. New Orleans is desperate to bring a Small Forward in, and Caron Butler, while not the Marvin Williams they were hoping for, greatly improves their need in this area.
I will say that if " the stars are perfectly aligned" and everything works out according to plan, then the Lakers will have the the #4 and #10 picks in the draft.

What!!??? We have a chance to aqcuire the #4 while still keeping our #10? I think that is too good to be true. I doubt they would give up the #4 for just Caron.....well, maybe if we threw in Indy's #17. What other players are rumored to be involved in the trade?
Mark McNamara

Postby MasterRaider on Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:57 am

KB8@CL wrote:
MasterRaider wrote:
Caron1 wrote:
MasterRaider wrote:I would honestly rather have Felton than Paul.

Why would you post something that ridiculous and not even explain it?
Paul would be unstoppable paired with Kobe, we need to do this deal ASAP. This should be the next prioirty for this team, and well have completed 2 HUGE steps in the right direction

Paul is more efficient on offense, but his size on the defensive end concerns me. They're equally quick, but Paul is 5'11, 175. Felton is 6'1, 195. If we went up against Detroit or Miami, Billups and Wade could post up Paul (the way we used Payton on Parker). Felton on the other hand, was a football player and led the state in interceptions as a DB. So in addition to having more size, you know he can play tough and physical defense.

WRONG; WRONG
Why do you exeggerate that much?
Paul has been measured 6-1 with shoes and Felton 6-1 1/2. If thats what concerns you then its over now.

First of all, take a chill pill. I wasn't exaggerating, just giving the stats I've seen on certain web pages. NBADraft.net has Paul as 5'11, 175. ESPN's page had Felton at 6'1, 200 lbs.

Second, if they're the same height, the difference in their weight is a bigger issue. If they're roughly the same height, this means Felton is MUCH bigger because he has 20-25 pounds on the guy, but is still equally quick, not to mention his experience as a football player as a DB.

EDIT: Considering you got your panties in a bunch, would you mind showing me the report of Paul being measured at 6'1? All pages I've seen have him at either at 5'11 or 6'0. ALL PAGES have him at 175. Felton is always listed at 6'0 or 6'1. Always between 194-200 lbs. Even in the closest range of numbers, Felton has a significant size advantage on Paul. This was my whole point.
MasterRaider

Postby KB24 on Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:21 am

I know wthat Felton is a lot bigger but look at AI. He isn´t heavy either. I read somewhere here on CL that Felton has been 6-1 with shoes and Paul has been pretty close to that.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby lakerican on Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:33 am

here are the Chicago Pre-Draft Measurements for the top PG's:

Name Height Height (w/ shoes) Weight Wingspan Reach

Felton, Raymond 5' 11½" 6' 0¼" 199.4 6' 4¼" 8' 2"
Jack, Jarrett 6' 2½" 6' 3½" 197.6 6' 7½" 8' 4"
Williams, Deron 6' 1¾" 6' 2¾" 202.4 6' 6¼" 8' 2"
Paul, Chris 5' 11¾" 6' 1" 178.0 6' 4¼" 7' 9"
lakerican

Postby abeer3 on Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:36 am

lakerican wrote:here are the Chicago Pre-Draft Measurements for the top PG's:

williams is shorter than i thought. the more i think about him, the more risky a pick i think he is. i'd rather have jack than williams.
abeer3

Postby Okki on Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:24 am

abeer3 wrote:

williams is shorter than i thought. the more i think about him, the more risky a pick i think he is. i'd rather have jack than williams.

felton got a good span compared to his hight!

he isn't correct biologically!
''Nobody tells me how to play my guard spot''
- Kobe Bryant
Okki

Postby NormNix on Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:48 am

I don't think Green is going to portland. They aren't even going to see him workout because he wouldn't go up against someone.
NormNix

Postby remixed on Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:03 pm

This would be an ideal situation for us but I just don't see it happening without giving up the #10 pick. We could offer them Vlade as well for expiring contracts but then we'd have to take on one of their contracts. It's really hard to believe that they would accept just Caron for the #4 pick but stranger things have happened.
remixed

Postby KB24 on Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:33 pm

MasterRaider wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:
MasterRaider wrote:
Caron1 wrote:

Paul would be unstoppable paired with Kobe, we need to do this deal ASAP. This should be the next prioirty for this team, and well have completed 2 HUGE steps in the right direction

Paul is more efficient on offense, but his size on the defensive end concerns me. They're equally quick, but Paul is 5'11, 175. Felton is 6'1, 195. If we went up against Detroit or Miami, Billups and Wade could post up Paul (the way we used Payton on Parker). Felton on the other hand, was a football player and led the state in interceptions as a DB. So in addition to having more size, you know he can play tough and physical defense.

WRONG; WRONG
Paul has been measured 6-1 with shoes and Felton 6-1 1/2. If thats what concerns you then its over now.

First of all, take a chill pill. I wasn't exaggerating, just giving the stats I've seen on certain web pages. NBADraft.net has Paul as 5'11, 175. ESPN's page had Felton at 6'1, 200 lbs.

Second, if they're the same height, the difference in their weight is a bigger issue. If they're roughly the same height, this means Felton is MUCH bigger because he has 20-25 pounds on the guy, but is still equally quick, not to mention his experience as a football player as a DB.

EDIT: Considering you got your panties in a bunch, would you mind showing me the report of Paul being measured at 6'1? All pages I've seen have him at either at 5'11 or 6'0. ALL PAGES have him at 175. Felton is always listed at 6'0 or 6'1. Always between 194-200 lbs. Even in the closest range of numbers, Felton has a significant size advantage on Paul. This was my whole point.

Satisfied? Paul is taller btw.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby MasterRaider on Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:14 pm

KB8@CL wrote:
MasterRaider wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:
MasterRaider wrote:
Caron1 wrote:

WRONG; WRONG

Satisfied? Paul is taller btw.

Thanks Lakerican.

Felton has an obvious size advantage of 22 lbs. Not to mention a longer reach. I think he will be the better defensive player.
MasterRaider

Postby MasterRaider on Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:16 pm

KB8@CL wrote:I know wthat Felton is a lot bigger but look at AI. He isn´t heavy either. I read somewhere here on CL that Felton has been 6-1 with shoes and Paul has been pretty close to that.

AI isn't a great defender. He's not bad because he can get a ton of steals with his speed. But he too can be posted up by the likes of Billups, Payton, Wade, if matched up against.
MasterRaider

Postby KB24 on Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:19 pm

MasterRaider wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:I know wthat Felton is a lot bigger but look at AI. He isn´t heavy either. I read somewhere here on CL that Felton has been 6-1 with shoes and Paul has been pretty close to that.

AI isn't a great defender. He's not bad because he can get a ton of steals with his speed. But he too can be posted up by the likes of Billups, Payton, Wade, if matched up against.

I don´t disagree with you that Felton is a better defender.
In terms of D in this draft
1.Jack
2.Miles
3.Felton
4.Paul
5.Head
6.Deron
I know that Felton will be a better defender but I expect Paul to be the better overall player. Felton btw. is a tremendous shot blocker for a PG.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby (v)ð|<ªv€¿¦ on Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:28 pm

Yeah guys my neighbor,(die-hard yankee fan) said we will get jerry west as our assistant coach tommorow at 6:43 PM standard Mexico time
Lakers1 wrote:Well I average 2.7 farts a day,but my career high is 27. For some reason i average 17.6 farts when I stay at my cousins house.I hold the record for most consecutive farts with 9
(v)ð|<ªv€¿¦

Postby Okki on Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:30 pm

LakersII wrote:Yeah guys my neighbor,(die-hard yankee fan) said we will get jerry west as our assistant coach tommorow at 6:43 PM standard Mexico time

off topic

great news is it really true?
- Kobe Bryant
Okki

Postby KB24 on Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:32 pm

Okki wrote:
LakersII wrote:Yeah guys my neighbor,(die-hard yankee fan) said we will get jerry west as our assistant coach tommorow at 6:43 PM standard Mexico time

off topic

WOW didn´t you get his point? :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
Ever heard of sarcasm :man3: :man10: :man10: :man10:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby (v)ð|<ªv€¿¦ on Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:33 pm

Okki wrote:

off topic

Acorrding to Gunther Ward (my neighbor) it is
Lakers1 wrote:Well I average 2.7 farts a day,but my career high is 27. For some reason i average 17.6 farts when I stay at my cousins house.I hold the record for most consecutive farts with 9
(v)ð|<ªv€¿¦

Postby crucifido on Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:53 pm

Just rememebr - Phil Jackson and the triangle the way he runs it does not equal small guards. It's not the youth he'll be concerned about this go around.

The size of his point guards are bigger than 6'. Just something to keep in mind when talking about drafting a small point guard.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Okki on Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:00 pm

LakersII wrote:
Okki wrote:

off topic

Acorrding to Gunther Ward (my neighbor) it is

?
- Kobe Bryant
Okki

Postby TomSeaver on Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:09 pm

Derron Williams.......seems perfect for Phil Jackson. He's a smart player and he can shoot the three. He makes almost too much sense
TomSeaver

Postby LakersCourt on Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:44 pm

Yes, Deron Williams is a good player, but if you want a "natural leader" you've got to go with Paul. Paul is the most mature, from what I've heard of the three, and his passing would be wonderful in the triangle. Yes, it would be perfect if he were Gearld Green's height(he surely would go #1 then), but things not in the statline are leadership, and as a Point Guard you definetly need a smart player who runs the offense. Paul is also very intelligent and I think would mesh well under jackson's wing. He also(and again, I'm just speaking from majority) would give Laker fans a hero to root for again. People are so turned off by Shaq and Kobe, they want a guy they stand up and believe in(a la Dwayne Wade). Chris Paul is that guy!
LakersCourt

Previous

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas