Lakers making a push for Chris Paul

Lakers making a push for Chris Paul

Postby LakersCourt on Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:18 pm

I just got off the phone with my old friend from college who is "high up" in the organization, and he indicated to me today that Mitch is pushing and pushing hard for the 4th pick., now that PJ is officially in place.However, please note that they are working hard to get Chris Paul right now. Look for the deal to go down close to or on draft day, if it happens! Many pieces must fall into place accordingly, and if Paul is off the board by #4, the Lakers I'm told WILL NOT trade up! Very interesting! As soon as more information becomes available to me I will let you guys know.
LakersCourt

Postby GCMD on Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:41 pm

Let me get this str8...

LAL will ONLY trade up if they can get Paul???

They will turn down the 4th pick IF they can't get Paul???

I don't think so...
Feel free to ignore anything I say...

GCMD

Postby vincejs on Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:42 pm

He's running with other people's info
peep
vincejs

Re: Lakers making a push for Chris Paul

Postby borri on Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:00 pm

LakersCourt wrote:I just got off the phone with my old friend from college who is "high up" in the organization, and he indicated to me today that Mitch is pushing and pushing hard for the 4th pick., now that PJ is officially in place.However, please note that they are working hard to get Chris Paul right now. Look for the deal to go down close to or on draft day, if it happens! Many pieces must fall into place accordingly, and if Paul is off the board by #4, the Lakers I'm told WILL NOT trade up! Very interesting! As soon as more information becomes available to me I will let you guys know.

Thanks for the info bro. Plz continue to keep us informed of all the rumors and possibilities. I'm looking forward to you next post on this matter. BTW.....nice call on the GUARANTEE you made from your source about Phil coming back and you got flamed for it. Can i say FACIAL?
borri

Postby sylabdul on Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:04 pm

LakersCourt wrote:I just got off the phone with my old friend from college who is "high up" in the organization, and he indicated to me today that Mitch is pushing and pushing hard for the 4th pick., now that PJ is officially in place.However, please note that they are working hard to get Chris Paul right now. Look for the deal to go down close to or on draft day, if it happens! Many pieces must fall into place accordingly, and if Paul is off the board by #4, the Lakers I'm told WILL NOT trade up! Very interesting! As soon as more information becomes available to me I will let you guys know.

could the lakers be possibly grabbing Paul...for another team?
sylabdul

Postby KB24 on Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:09 pm

GameCockMD wrote:Let me get this str8...

I don't think so...

Jax could be hot on Deron.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby LakersCourt on Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:20 pm

KB8@CL wrote:

I don't think so...

I cannot tell you what Phil wants, as I am not him, all I can tell you is what the lakers organization as a whole wants, and that's to get Chris Paul in Purple and Gold next year if the deal is feasible. They are sold on him.
LakersCourt

Postby LakersCourt on Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:22 pm

sylabdul wrote:

No, they are only interested in getting Paul for themselves. Rest assured if they get him in through the Butler trade. I have heard a "rumor" of what the deal supposedly is, but until I'm more convinced I won't say anything.
LakersCourt

Postby Mark McNamara on Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:25 pm

LakersCourt wrote:
sylabdul wrote:

.....I have heard a "rumor" of what the deal supposedly is, but until I'm more convinced I won't say anything.

Ahhhhh come on.....spill the beans. We'd all like to know. :man12:
Mark McNamara

Postby KB24 on Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:31 pm

LakersCourt wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:

I don't think so...

I cannot tell you what Phil wants, as I am not him, all I can tell you is what the lakers organization as a whole wants, and that's to get Chris Paul in Purple and Gold next year if the deal is feasible. They are sold on him.
I´m sold either :man1:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby flexxdzl on Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:45 pm

I think what he is saying is if the can get the fourth pick they will draft paul if not then they will use the 4th to get someone else.. but will not try to go up to 3 or 2 to get him
flexxdzl

Postby msb212 on Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:51 pm

Thanks -- nice post. Look forward to hearing more!
msb212

Postby SWOL on Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:06 pm

THEY'VE GOT TO BE LOOKING PG, IM SURE THEY HAVE NO INTREST IN DOUGH WILLIAMS AT 4, IM SURE THEY THINK RAY FELTON WILL SLIP TO 10, MAKES ALOT OF SENSE TO ME
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby LAL25 on Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:05 pm

Hmmm my mock draft doesn't look so out of reach now does it? :man1:
LAL25

Postby abeer3 on Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:43 pm

LakersCourt wrote:No, they are only interested in getting Paul for themselves. Rest assured if they get him in through the Butler trade. I have heard a "rumor" of what the deal supposedly is, but until I'm more convinced I won't say anything.

ok, i'll bite. give me a hint. is it supposedly a big deal (involving more players/picks) or is it a small one?

personally, if i'm mitch and i've got the bugs on the line discussing the 4th pick, i'd be asking about the big cat's availability...
abeer3

Postby Dime Dropper on Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:22 pm

Hands down, we need a decent distributor, whether that means Paul, Felton, or Jack, they are all great point guards. They're stock is high, but I think we could get Felton at 10, if not, we have Butler to throw at other teams like the Bobcats or New Orleans to trade up for a pick.
Dime Dropper

Postby MasterRaider on Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:39 pm

I would honestly rather have Felton than Paul.
MasterRaider

Postby LakersCourt on Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:48 pm

MasterRaider wrote:I would honestly rather have Felton than Paul.

Well you know what they say about opinions...everyone has one. That's great you like Felton, so do I. I think he's going to be a very good guard in this league. However, I think Chris Paul is just going to be something very special. After seeing more clips now online of him, I think long term he'll be better than everyone in this draft class, and that's a strong claim, considering who is present in this draft. Again, you know what they say about opinions....
LakersCourt

Postby Guest on Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:48 pm

Why would you post something that ridiculous and not even explain it?
Paul would be unstoppable paired with Kobe, we need to do this deal ASAP. This should be the next prioirty for this team, and well have completed 2 HUGE steps in the right direction

Postby MasterRaider on Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:52 pm

Caron1 wrote:

Paul would be unstoppable paired with Kobe, we need to do this deal ASAP. This should be the next prioirty for this team, and well have completed 2 HUGE steps in the right direction

Paul is more efficient on offense, but his size on the defensive end concerns me. They're equally quick, but Paul is 5'11, 175. Felton is 6'1, 195. If we went up against Detroit or Miami, Billups and Wade could post up Paul (the way we used Payton on Parker). Felton on the other hand, was a football player and led the state in interceptions as a DB. So in addition to having more size, you know he can play tough and physical defense.
MasterRaider

Postby Danny Ainge on Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:06 pm

I'd love to have Felton too, if he slips to 10 I'd be ecstatic
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby LukeWalton on Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:34 pm

So whats the chances of Lakers getting Paul? I want a new Laker Jerseys and Paul would be perfect...OMG id go nuts if we get Paul

Have the Lakers even worked him out?
LukeWalton

Postby LakersCourt on Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:05 am

The chances are contingent upon Marvin falling to Atlanta at #2 and Gerald Green going to Portland at #3. This is the scenario, Laker fans that we must shoot and root for to happen, if you want to see Paul here. New Orleans is desperate to bring a Small Forward in, and Caron Butler, while not the Marvin Williams they were hoping for, greatly improves their need in this area.
I will say that if " the stars are perfectly aligned" and everything works out according to plan, then the Lakers will have the the #4 and #10 picks in the draft.
LakersCourt

Postby KB24 on Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:12 am

MasterRaider wrote:
Caron1 wrote:

Paul is more efficient on offense, but his size on the defensive end concerns me. They're equally quick, but Paul is 5'11, 175. Felton is 6'1, 195. If we went up against Detroit or Miami, Billups and Wade could post up Paul (the way we used Payton on Parker). Felton on the other hand, was a football player and led the state in interceptions as a DB. So in addition to having more size, you know he can play tough and physical defense.

WRONG; WRONG
Why do you exeggerate that much?
Paul has been measured 6-1 with shoes and Felton 6-1 1/2. If thats what concerns you then its over now.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby LukeWalton on Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:20 am

The chances are contingent upon Marvin falling to Atlanta at #2 and Gerald Green going to Portland at #3. This is the scenario, Laker fans that we must shoot and root for to happen, if you want to see Paul here. New Orleans is desperate to bring a Small Forward in, and Caron Butler, while not the Marvin Williams they were hoping for, greatly improves their need in this area.
I will say that if " the stars are perfectly aligned" and everything works out according to plan, then the Lakers will have the the #4 and #10 picks in the draft.

Hopefully this happens but would Cha ask for our pick in return? I mean Butler isnt exactly great..NO also has a PG spot to fill..i would expect them to ask for our #10 if we get the #4.
LukeWalton

Next

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas