Lakers/Mavs/Pacers 3-Way

Lakers/Mavs/Pacers 3-Way

Postby The Clap on Fri May 04, 2007 12:09 pm

To Mavericks: Jermaine O'Neal, Lakers 1st (#19)

To Pacers: Devin Harris, Andrew Bynum, Kwame Brown Brian Cook, Mo Evans, DJ Mbenga

To Lakers: Josh Howard, Erick Dampier

Lakers get a great trio in Kobe, J-Ho, and Odom as well as an above average center who can rebound and defend in Dampier.
New Lineup: Farmar or MLE/Kobe/Howard/Odom/Dampier

Pacers get two very good young pieces to help kickoff their rebuilding in Bynum and Harris and also shed some salary.
New Lineup: Harris/Williams/Granger/Ike/Bynum

Mavs get an All-Star big man who can defend, rebound, and score to pair up with Dirk, as well as a decent draft pick, which would be best used packaged with someone to pick up a solid SF.
New Lineup: Terry/Stackhouse/TRADE/Dirk/JO
The Clap

Postby Massacre on Fri May 04, 2007 12:32 pm

The Pacers are getting way too much. Send Harris over here. We'll have to check salaries and all that junk, but this is make-believe, anyway.
Massacre
Clublakers Moderator

Postby The Clap on Fri May 04, 2007 12:39 pm

It's basically Harris and Bynum - two good prospects but neither has proven to be anything special - and some salary relief for an All-Star PF. Seems fair to me.

Lakers are getting an All-Star SF and a center upgrade for Bynum, a 1st, Kwames expiring, and a bunch of small contract players.

I actually thought Dallas took the worst of it, looking at it straight up JO & #19 for Howard and Harris it looked ok, but the Mavs arent quite as talented as I thought, seeing as how they'd have no SF to fallback on. Pacers could throw something Dallas' way, maybe Shawne Williams (#17 last year)

I think the problem is how we view Kwame. I see him as nothing more than a good expiring contract. I mean, sure his post D is good, but his rebounding and offense are pretty bad. He's like a younger Jason Collins - ok role player, but the type of player who can be had for half the MLE in any given offseason.
The Clap

Postby Radner on Fri May 04, 2007 1:44 pm

And Howard is suppose to be the player we get for Bynum and Odom? :freak2:
Radner

Postby The Clap on Fri May 04, 2007 2:01 pm

JKsnoots wrote:And Howard is suppose to be the player we get for Bynum and Odom? :freak2:

Odom wasn't in the deal.

It's basically Bynum, Kwame, 1st, Scrubs for Josh Howard (All-Star SF) and Erick Dampier (above average center).

Farmar or MLE
Kobe Bryant
Josh Howard
Lamar Odom
Erick Dampier
The Clap

Postby KB24 on Fri May 04, 2007 2:17 pm

say no to dampier.....

and we give up too much for Howard....Kwame, first rounder, Evans, Bynum.....geez...

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas