Lakers/Memphis Pipe trade idea

Lakers/Memphis Pipe trade idea

Postby LAKEROC on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:44 pm

We have been such great trade partners in the past with them, so lets try this again.

To Memphis:
G-Jordan Farmar(expiring)
F-Adam Morrison(expiring)
G-Sun Yue(expiring)

To Lakers:
F-Rudy Gay

Yes, I know...stop smoking the bong. I just think Rudy would be amazing on this team. We then add, a point guard in this draft, like a Jrue Holiday or a Tyreke Evans.

Add Shaquille O'Neal for MLE in the summer, resign Ariza, Odom and Brown, and this team will literally destroy!!

Fisher/Brown/Evans(or Holiday)
Bryant/Vujacic
Gay/Ariza
Gasol/Odom/Powell
Bynum/O'Neal/Mbenga
LAKEROC

Re: Lakers/Memphis Pipe trade idea

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:46 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

Pipe isn't the word. I think Rick James said it the best," Cocaine is a hell of a drug."
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LAKEROC on Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:57 pm

I love Rudy Gay. he is such a class act of a guy, and would thrivre in the triangle offense, as our starting small forward. I don't know...starnger things have happened. Farmar is adecent backup, and still young at 22. Morrison was the 3rd pick in 2006, and Sun Yue is a 6-9 point guard which are extremely rare, plus he is also in his early 20's. Memphis is trying to clear as much cap room, so they can sell the team.

Acquiring Rudy Gay, while dumping Farmar,Morrison and Sun would be music to my ears.

Fisher/Brown/Evans(orHoliday)
Bryant/Vujacic
Gay/Ariza/Walton
Gasol/Odom/Powell
Bynum/O'Neal/Mbenga

That could very well be one of the deepest teams in NBA history!!!!!
LAKEROC

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:37 am

Rudy Gay is part of the future of the franchise, a potential all-star. He's going no where, especially not for the Lakers movable pieces.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby sho on Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:20 pm

Heck, if we are going to do pipe Memphis...and since no one on the Grizz is untouchable per the owner. I'd rather do this:

Lakers get:

C--Marc Gasol
PG--OJ Mayo

Grizz get:

PG--Jordan Farmar
SF--Adam Morrison
SF--Luke Walton

Why Lakers do it--they get another big, team up the Gasol brothers. Solidify the front line for years (with a re-signed LO) with LO, Gasol bros and Bynum. Plus they get a young PG duo to learn and develop behind fish for a year or two and then take over the reigns when he's done.

Why Grizz do it--Adam's an expiring, as is Jordan. They can resign Jordan to be there PG and they get a facilator SF in Walton.

I know it would never happen, but if we are talking passing the pipe trade ideas...there's mine.

PG--Fish, Brown, Mayo
SG--Kobe, Sasha
SF--Trevor, draft pick/MLE (Artest??)
PF--P. Gasol, Odom, Powell
C--Bynum, M. Gasol, Mbenga

And in two years when Fish retires, we still have an impressive starting 5.

This still gives the option of trading Sun Yue to Houston (I say Houston as he and Yao would be a good combo and have experience together--huge Asian population, plus Houston could use depth at G) for something and maybe moving Powell who is proving to be a solid bench player deserving more than to be the third option.
sho

Postby chahal-24 on Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:43 pm

chahal-24

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas