Look To New York

Look To New York

Postby pureuncut100 on Fri May 11, 2007 1:06 pm

Two teams among many others that I would be looking at if I were the Lakers GM would be the Knicks and the Bulls. Let me tell you why.

The Knicks are not thrilled with Channing Frye. It has been known that Isaih Thomas coveted Kwame Brown from Washington but the Wizards did not want to trade within their division. It has been roported that the Knicks also have been trying to get rid of Steve Francis. Now Channing Frye is listed at 6'11" and is skilled but just hasnt fit in during his tenure in New York. Kwame Brown is not skilled but has a game much more suitable for the east coast. He is a banger and on of the best post defenders in the NBA. To Kwames credit, if he is fed in the post he could be somewhat effective, i.e., a few games in the playoffs against a very good Amare Stoudamire.

Why would NY do this trade?

Eddy Curry is a beast. They dont need another scoring PF. THey need a PF who does everything else. Boards, defends, helps on defense. Kwame could be that guy. The salaries dont match so auxiliary players will need to be added to make it work. In addition, the Lakers may have to give up a little more than NY because Frye still appears to have upside.

Why should the Lakers do this trade?

We need another scorer. While NY has Curry and Marbury and Crawford. We have Kobe and sometimes Lamar Odom. Our management has to do their own homework but I believe Channing Frye is a 15ppg/10rpg player in the right system. He kicked but in NY under Larry Brown until Brown started playing with the lineups. Under Isaih, Eddy Curry became the man and there just wasnt enough room for 2 post scorers. This trade would help both teams.

Steve Francis is 29 or 30 years old. An experienced, very good when healthy PG. He is what this team needs.

PG: Steve Francis
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Lamar Odom
PF: Channing Frye
C: Andrew Bynum

This is risky because we dont know where Andrew Bynum is going to be but hey, we know what Kwame is and what he is going to be. I am assuming Bynum improves for and 8ppg/6rpg player to a 12-15ppg/8-10rpg player. But that is what this Laker team is going to have to do, take risks. Unless we pull off what usually never happens (trading for a KG or JO), we have to put faith in our lottery pick from a couple of years ago.
pureuncut100

Postby Weezy on Fri May 11, 2007 1:22 pm

Steve Francis isn't even a PG, he's a SG in a PG body. He is old and done, he isn't what this team needs, that's a horrible trade. Maybe you have a clouded memory, but

This Steve Francis

Does not equal this Steve Francis

Plus, do you even know how much money Stevie Franchise makes? It's laughable.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby pureuncut100 on Fri May 11, 2007 4:08 pm

Weezy wrote:Steve Francis isn't even a PG, he's a SG in a PG body. He is old and done, he isn't what this team needs, that's a horrible trade. Maybe you have a clouded memory, but

This Steve Francis

Does not equal this Steve Francis

Plus, do you even know how much money Stevie Franchise makes? It's laughable.

I love the Lakers but Laker fans are dilusional. Steve Francis is 30 years old. We need a veteran PG. In addition if you think you are going to get the Houston Steve Francis or Kevin Garnett or Jermaine Oneil then keep dreaming. Also, NY may very well buy out his contract. If that is done, we could afford him.
pureuncut100

Postby Weezy on Fri May 11, 2007 4:22 pm

If he comes here for the vet minimum then sure, but other than that no way. Only if he's bought out do I even consider it. He isn't a PG, he's a shoot first guard.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby FlyWhiteGuyE on Fri May 11, 2007 6:29 pm

Yeah, I'd be scared to pick up anyone from NY outside the kids. I'd love to see the under appreciated David Lee in Laker gold, but I think NY's finally getting it through their thick skull how good he is...
FlyWhiteGuyE

Postby KB24 on Sat May 12, 2007 12:15 am

I think Frye is just too soft and he would get killed in the west by the PFs.
Francis has a horrible contract and is not the same as the Houston one...

he has chronical knee issues. I think Kwame has a very intriguing expiring K and we can do better than that.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby pureuncut100 on Sat May 12, 2007 2:55 am

KB8@CL wrote:I think Frye is just too soft and he would get killed in the west by the PFs.
Francis has a horrible contract and is not the same as the Houston one...

he has chronical knee issues. I think Kwame has a very intriguing expiring K and we can do better than that.

I think Channing Frye is given a bad rap. He went to Arizona and doesnt look the part but his rookie year, he was damn tough. Hey, if the Lakers could get more with Kwames expiring contract thats even better.

Steve Franchise sure isnt the player he use to be and he has an awful contract. But there is speculation his contract will be bought out. If so, we should pick him up on the cheap.
pureuncut100

Re: Look To New York

Postby CrazyTury on Sat May 12, 2007 3:40 am

pureuncut100 wrote:Two teams among many others that I would be looking at if I were the Lakers GM would be the Knicks and the Bulls. Let me tell you why.

The Knicks are not thrilled with Channing Frye. It has been known that Isaih Thomas coveted Kwame Brown from Washington but the Wizards did not want to trade within their division. It has been roported that the Knicks also have been trying to get rid of Steve Francis. Now Channing Frye is listed at 6'11" and is skilled but just hasnt fit in during his tenure in New York. Kwame Brown is not skilled but has a game much more suitable for the east coast. He is a banger and on of the best post defenders in the NBA. To Kwames credit, if he is fed in the post he could be somewhat effective, i.e., a few games in the playoffs against a very good Amare Stoudamire.

Why would NY do this trade?

Eddy Curry is a beast. They dont need another scoring PF. THey need a PF who does everything else. Boards, defends, helps on defense. Kwame could be that guy. The salaries dont match so auxiliary players will need to be added to make it work. In addition, the Lakers may have to give up a little more than NY because Frye still appears to have upside.

Why should the Lakers do this trade?

We need another scorer. While NY has Curry and Marbury and Crawford. We have Kobe and sometimes Lamar Odom. Our management has to do their own homework but I believe Channing Frye is a 15ppg/10rpg player in the right system. He kicked but in NY under Larry Brown until Brown started playing with the lineups. Under Isaih, Eddy Curry became the man and there just wasnt enough room for 2 post scorers. This trade would help both teams.

Steve Francis is 29 or 30 years old. An experienced, very good when healthy PG. He is what this team needs.

PG: Steve Francis
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Lamar Odom
PF: Channing Frye
C: Andrew Bynum

This is risky because we dont know where Andrew Bynum is going to be but hey, we know what Kwame is and what he is going to be. I am assuming Bynum improves for and 8ppg/6rpg player to a 12-15ppg/8-10rpg player. But that is what this Laker team is going to have to do, take risks. Unless we pull off what usually never happens (trading for a KG or JO), we have to put faith in our lottery pick from a couple of years ago.

Every Laker gone crazy. Kwame is one of the best post defenders in the NBA. Please say you are kidding...
CrazyTury

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas