Postby Snakell Beast on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:26 pm

Lakers Dead weight:
Walton
Ebanks
Morris
Kapono
Fisher
Artest

Can't cut Artest (amnesty coming next season), Fisher (just wouldn't be right to do it, and isn't necessary if we simply use him sparingly, late in games) or Walton (because management is convinced we'll use him in some trade in the offseason or at next year's deadline, I AM NOT convinced that teams EVER trade for Luke).

That leaves Morris, Kapono and Ebanks. CUT THEM. Ebanks is young and athletic, but he'll take years to develop and we simply need the roster space to add proven veterans who are known commodities...even if that means aged players with limited roles (ala Sheed or Arenas).

Cutting those three players would free up 4 roster spots (since we already have one open spot) for us to add value at the end of the roster. Walton would obviously be a no brainer for the inactive list, so we are potentially adding 2 rotation players with those open spots. I would immediately sig Gilbert Arenas and Rasheed Wallace. Everything non-basketball related aside, like Sheed's craziness and Gilbert's...craziness. We simply NEED to add reliable, veteran experience to this team if we want to get back to the finals.

These two moves alone don't get us back to the finals. We then have to trade our Dallas first (and/or a second rounder or protected future first) for Sessions...I believe this deal has been there to be made, awaiting only the moment when the Lakers front office can finally come to grips with the reality that Dwight Howard IS NEVER walking through the door. Next, I would use the trade exception to add Michael Beasley. Once again, a deal I believe is there if the front office abandons their superteam retool pipe dream.We now have a very good roster.

PG: Sessions / Blake / Fisher
SG: Bryant / Arenas / Goudelock
SF: Beasley / MWP / Barnes / Walton
PF: Gasol / Murphy / McRoberts
C: Bynum / Wallace

I think we could win a championship with that roster. The best part is, none of these moves make it any harder to lower our cap number after the season.
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Re: Moves I Would Make, If I were Jim Buss

Postby waltonout on Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:06 pm

THANKS GOD, YOU ARE NOT JIMMY BUSS.

A team with scrubs like G.Arenas, D.Fisher,M W P, L. Walton, J. Kapono, M.Barns, Tr.Murphy and R.Wallace can not pass the first round of the playoffs.And you are talking about winning the title.LOL! That was a good joke.
waltonout

Postby Congo Cash on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:51 am

Well we are neither getting D12 nor Deron, might as well add some small pieces and get rid of all our deadweights...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby waltonout on Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:03 pm

Snakell Beast wrote:Lakers Dead weight:
Walton
Ebanks
Morris
Kapono
Fisher
Artest

Can't cut Artest (amnesty coming next season), Fisher (just wouldn't be right to do it, and isn't necessary if we simply use him sparingly, late in games) or Walton (because management is convinced we'll use him in some trade in the offseason or at next year's deadline, I AM NOT convinced that teams EVER trade for Luke).

That leaves Morris, Kapono and Ebanks. CUT THEM. Ebanks is young and athletic, but he'll take years to develop and we simply need the roster space to add proven veterans who are known commodities...even if that means aged players with limited roles (ala Sheed or Arenas).

Cutting those three players would free up 4 roster spots (since we already have one open spot) for us to add value at the end of the roster. Walton would obviously be a no brainer for the inactive list, so we are potentially adding 2 rotation players with those open spots. I would immediately sig Gilbert Arenas and Rasheed Wallace. Everything non-basketball related aside, like Sheed's craziness and Gilbert's...craziness. We simply NEED to add reliable, veteran experience to this team if we want to get back to the finals.

These two moves alone don't get us back to the finals. We then have to trade our Dallas first (and/or a second rounder or protected future first) for Sessions...I believe this deal has been there to be made, awaiting only the moment when the Lakers front office can finally come to grips with the reality that Dwight Howard IS NEVER walking through the door. Next, I would use the trade exception to add Michael Beasley. Once again, a deal I believe is there if the front office abandons their superteam retool pipe dream.We now have a very good roster.

PG: Sessions / Blake / Fisher
SG: Bryant / Arenas / Goudelock
SF: Beasley / MWP / Barnes / Walton
PF: Gasol / Murphy / McRoberts
C: Bynum / Wallace

I think we could win a championship with that roster. The best part is, none of these moves make it any harder to lower our cap number after the season.

I would say it too: THANKS GOD, YOU ARE NOT JIMMY BUSS.
I am not convinced that you are a Lakers fan for many, many reasons.The one, after you has explained you why. I am not going to repeat him. I would like just to make some corrections to your post.
You can not waive 3 players at once. You can ONLY cut one ( 1 ) player in a 10 years spam.And there is no such a thing about Ron Artest.Every player on the roster can be amnestied.That roster you made, can not make the playoffs.
The only way to improve this team is to trade some of our scrubs for just about nothing in return and of course, to waive Luke Walton.We don't need to see his face till the next years trade time.That is absurd.
And something else.Minnesota are asking for 1-st round pic for M.Beasley.Which means, they won't even take a part of our TPE or any player in return.And I don't think he is that good of a player, to give-up first round pic for him.
waltonout

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas