DO NOT TRADE ANDREW BYNUM!!

Postby FlyWhiteGuyE on Fri May 11, 2007 6:24 pm

Yeah, I guess they had to keep him on the bench with Kwame injured so much, but still. How are you going to have Farmar playing in both the NBA and the D-league, sometimes on the same day (so I heard), and not do the same for Bynum? I'd be curious to learn what lead to Farmar to be playing in both and whether or not Bynum had the same opportunity to do as well or the reasoning he wasn't.

Well maybe one of them splinters he'll catch from riding the bench will cause Bynum to "EXPLODE!" this time around...
FlyWhiteGuyE

Postby hypebeast on Fri May 11, 2007 8:43 pm

WHAT DO PEOPLE SEE IN ANDREW BYNUM? He's obviously soft and has no tenacity to play. He's soft in the paint and is really clumsy. Jim Buss, you need to consult with your statistics and game tapes.
hypebeast

Postby Mac on Sat May 12, 2007 12:20 am

Goozer wrote:I have this feeling Bynum will explode next season. He improved tremendously from last season, but next season is when he will break out into a 15/9 player

He better, because if he doesn't, we're going to regret not giving him up.
Mac

Postby LA-gone-SA on Sat May 12, 2007 12:51 am

ITS COMING DOWN TO BYNUM vs KOBE!! KOBE SELLS TICKETS! HECK KOBE SELLS ANYTHING!!! BYNUM IS UNPROVEN!! KOBE PLAYED BALL SINCE HE WAS YAY HIGH! BYNUM WAS ASKED TO PLAY IN HIGH SCHOOL CAUSE OF HIS HEIGHT!! KOBE HAS MORE HEART THAN VALENTINES DAY!!! BYNUM PLAYS TO AFFORD FRUIT LOOPS~

BYNUM WILL GET DELT WITH!!! KOBE WONT BREATHE ANOTHER BREATH OF CALI'S POLUTED AIR IF HE STAYS!!!

DONT GET ME WRONG!! LAKESHOW FRONT OFFICE WILL TRY TO AVOID DEALING HIM! BUT "WILL" IF HAVE TO! LISTEN TO JIM BUSS's INTERVIEW!! Q:IS ANDREW BYNUM UNTOUCHABLE?
A:NO!! KNOW'N OUTSIDE OF KOBE IS!!
LA-gone-SA

Postby dane99 on Sat May 12, 2007 10:41 am

Johnnyboy wrote:If we could trade bynum and kwame for Gasol. I would trade Bynum faster then he picks up his first foul. Pau,Kobe,Odom would be insane. Sign Charlie bell via FA. And you get yourself a serious team.

Charlie Bell/Farmar
Kobe/Evans
Pau/Mihm
Odom/Vlade
Walton/Evans

Kobe and Pau would be a great 1,2 punch. Then you through in Odom as a third option who can create huge mismatches. Everyone wants Oneal, but Pau is better.

but thats only if and we all know that gasol ant going no where if they get durant in the draft and if the get oden what would they would be doing with bynum so the only team that would want bynum is either t wolves or Indiana and that would likely include Odom which does give me some thing to think about because i would not recomend a trade of odom and and bynum at the same time.
dane99

Re: DO NOT TRADE ANDREW BYNUM!!

Postby DangerousFromDeeep on Sat May 12, 2007 10:48 am

shotcaller wrote:THIS KID IS THE FUTURE OF THIS FRANCHISE

THE KID HAS AT LEAST 3 YEARS UNTIL HE COULD "POSSIBLY" MAKE A DIFFERENCE, KOBE IS HERE NOW, HE SIGNED TO WIN NOW, NOT ON ANDYS TIMETABLE TRADE HIM
I believe in Evolution, if we are playing Pokemon, because thats about as realistic as it is. Everyone and everything evolved from 1 single celled organism? WOW! Really? Talk about faith...
“I believe that one day the Darwinian myth will be ranked the greatest deceit in the history of science.”
Proverbs 13:13
Whoso despiseth the word shall be destroyed: but he that feareth the commandment shall be rewarded.
DangerousFromDeeep

Who made Bynum into Kobe?

Postby CEAZARGIOVANNI on Tue May 15, 2007 10:31 am

So let me get this straight. What you're saying is we shouldn't trade Andrew Bynum at any cost. That is just assinine. I say if losing him gives us the possibility of getting a KG, Jermaine O'neal, Pau Gasol, Jason Kidd, or any of those caliber players, then so be it. Just to clarify, When I say "those caliber players" I mean ALL-STARS. You know, the players that Kobe hasn't played with since Shaq left. Not to be rude to Bynum, but the Lakers need to take advantage of what they have and what they are paying for. "Kobe". He's not getting any younger and if the management can surround him with just enough talent, he can carry them to at least 3 more championships before he retires. If not more. All I have to ask is for the upper management to make sure that they get players that want to be part of the Lakers franchise for longer than one year. I mean, even if they win the championship that year, it won't mean much if they are rebuilding again the next year. All that will do is make it look to the fans and to Kobe that they don't know how to run a franchise. Which in turn, might make us lose Kobe as well. And to all the lunatics who say we should trade Kobe, let me remind you that he has won more championships than Jordan at the same age. The same age where they said Jordan would never win a championship because he wasn't a team player. Enough said.
CEAZARGIOVANNI

Postby Lamar4MVP on Tue May 15, 2007 12:13 pm

I wouldnt trade Bynum 4 an player that is older then 28..

its ridiciolous..after the 1st game of the season everbody said we got the new shaq..n now everybody wanna trade him..
Lamar4MVP

Postby earvinfr on Sat May 19, 2007 2:42 am

Andew is above expectation after 2 years. Why should we trade him ?
I would trade everyone in this team (except Kobe) before trading Bynum.

Why every teams want to add Bynum in any trade for their all-star?
earvinfr

Postby earvinfr on Sat May 19, 2007 2:47 am

If we trade Bynum, we will make exactly the same mistake Portland did when they trade JO.

In 2 years, I will prefer to say that Bynum was a bad pick instead of saying "why did we trade this guy !!"
earvinfr

Postby FlyWhiteGuyE on Sat May 19, 2007 11:52 am

How is Bynum above expectation? He's actually below expectation. Which is a big reason the Lakers are more willing to consider trading him. He's had some moments of shine, but he's also shown that he's lazy. They expected him to be further along this year and they expected him to take being a Laker seriously.

The reason other teams are willing to consider trading their stars for Bynum is that they're willing to start over at the bottom now, with potential for future greatness years from now, rather than stick with their teams that just aren't doing it now.

Case in points: Memphis (team that sucks with a star), Minnesota (team that sucks with a star) and Indiana (team that sucks with a star).

The Lakers want to win now. The only way they're going to do that is be trading off their future potential (Bynum and Farmar) or trading some lesser talents (Kwame and Luke) for some risky better pieces (Artest and Randolph), if not both.

Of course the Lakers are pretty good at keeping together a decent team (considering they're onlt missed the playoffs twice in what, the last 20 years, so they're pretty good about not just going for the quick fix. So that's why I hope they can hold onto Bynum and Farmar unless they get something really good in return. Which is why I think we should go for Artest and/or Randolph sacrificing some lesser pieces.
FlyWhiteGuyE

Postby CrazyTury on Sat May 19, 2007 12:13 pm

earvinfr wrote:If we trade Bynum, we will make exactly the same mistake Portland did when they trade JO.

In 2 years, I will prefer to say that Bynum was a bad pick instead of saying "why did we trade this guy !!"

Nobody said that Bynum is a bad pick. Portland couldn't make a big move eith JO but we can do it with Bynum. But not "we", Mitch supposed to do that. Do it Mitch!!! :jam2:
CrazyTury

Previous

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas