^^yes
I used to post with the username 8got81_24gets101
KGB

Postby KGB on Thu May 10, 2007 5:30 pm

^^yes
I used to post with the username 8got81_24gets101
KGB

Postby Johnnyboy on Thu May 10, 2007 6:40 pm

If we could trade bynum and kwame for Gasol. I would trade Bynum faster then he picks up his first foul. Pau,Kobe,Odom would be insane. Sign Charlie bell via FA. And you get yourself a serious team.

Charlie Bell/Farmar
Kobe/Evans
Pau/Mihm
Odom/Vlade
Walton/Evans

Kobe and Pau would be a great 1,2 punch. Then you through in Odom as a third option who can create huge mismatches. Everyone wants Oneal, but Pau is better.
Johnnyboy

Postby Goozer on Thu May 10, 2007 7:09 pm

I have this feeling Bynum will explode next season. He improved tremendously from last season, but next season is when he will break out into a 15/9 player
Goozer

Postby lakerball4life on Thu May 10, 2007 7:38 pm

dont get me wrong, im a big bynum fan. I just think keeping LO is our better option. With LO gone, who is going to grab a rebound? Andy unfortunatly couldnt find a rebound if it was stuffed fair up his arse. I hope he proves me wrong next season though, ide like nothing more then to see him explode.
lakerball4life

Postby OgLaker101 on Thu May 10, 2007 8:26 pm

Bynum = Bust

No heart, tons of talent = BUST
OgLaker101

Postby Massacre on Thu May 10, 2007 9:22 pm

If Kevin Garnett comes along, Bynum can pack hs bags. I'm not in favor of dealing him for Jermaine, but If Bynum is the peice to get a KG deal done, peace.
Massacre
Clublakers Moderator

Postby civilrage on Thu May 10, 2007 11:02 pm

pau gasol or jermain oneal FTW
Tuning/Breaking a Lancer for 5 + years
civilrage

Postby shotcaller on Thu May 10, 2007 11:14 pm

see this guy Goozer knows what bynum will do next year... bynum is just going to get better,better,and better next thing you know we got baby shaq!!!!!!!!!
shotcaller

Postby Radner on Thu May 10, 2007 11:18 pm

Bynum = one step better than Desagna Diop.
Radner

Postby pnynby24 on Fri May 11, 2007 7:38 am

Dont worry, they wont.

even with all the rumors and suggestions made by people in this site

they will not trade him, so you have nothing to worry about.
pnynby24

Postby linger on Fri May 11, 2007 7:55 am

pnynby24 wrote:Dont worry, they wont.

even with all the rumors and suggestions made by people in this site

they will not trade him, so you have nothing to worry about.

absolutely,i agree
Yao is my kiddo!!
linger

Postby LoyalLakerfan44 on Fri May 11, 2007 7:58 am

Bynum = Benoit Benjamin. So many B's just another big bust.
LoyalLakerfan44

Postby Goozer on Fri May 11, 2007 9:10 am

shotcaller wrote:see this guy Goozer knows what bynum will do next year... bynum is just going to get better,better,and better next thing you know we got baby shaq!!!!!!!!!

haha thanks for the acknowledgement :jam2:
Goozer

Postby socaguy on Fri May 11, 2007 10:30 am

Goozer wrote:
shotcaller wrote:see this guy Goozer knows what bynum will do next year... bynum is just going to get better,better,and better next thing you know we got baby shaq!!!!!!!!!

haha thanks for the acknowledgement :jam2:

even if you were correct about bynum, we'll end up in the early 1st round exit just like this year with this roster. if it doesn't bother you then by all means, keep him. IMO, we need a diff roster. the core hasn't worked and probably won't. in order to bring in impact players, we have to give up good ones. bynum & LO are the only trade baits we've got
socaguy

Postby CrazyTury on Fri May 11, 2007 10:44 am

We are out of patience. It's too late even to think about Bynum. Trade him. Get KG get JO get Gasol but make3 a move and that should be very big. We must be a contender by the end of this off-season. It's very difficult but not mission impossible...
CrazyTury

Postby FlyWhiteGuyE on Fri May 11, 2007 12:39 pm

I like Bynum and I hate to think of having to trade someone with so much promise, but everyone should know by now that his work ethic stinks.

Trading him could be about as bad as when Portland traded O'Neal to Indiana. The only thing I'm wondering is how was O'Neal's work ethic before he was trade to Indiana?

If Bynum does explode this coming season, that's great, but a lot of that is going to be determined during the off season. Can he get serious and beef up like D-Will did in Utah last summer?

With GO and KD coming into the NBA this next season, AB's market value is only going to flounder if he doesn't step it up soon.
FlyWhiteGuyE

Postby lakeshow2k4 on Fri May 11, 2007 12:59 pm

It's scary to think about some of the fans' mentality regarding Andrew. "He's baby Shaq in a few years" " He's going to get better".

I mean, I don't know what games/season you were watching but Andrew got worse as the season went on. Don't talk to me about a rookie wall either because he's 19 years old and did play summer ball so the "fatigue" excuses don't fly.

If we didn't have Kobe, I'd say sure let's see what the kid can do. Give him three, four years and let's see. But we do have Kobe Bryant and in case you missed it, he's pissed. And ANY trade worth anything will INCLUDE Bynum. Kwame? Vlad? Farmar? Prepare to receive garbage for garbage. You want stars? You want players? Bye bye Andrew. Bye Odom.

And one more thing about this kid. And I said this during last year's summer league. At least ACT like you care. Show SOME emotion. Yes, I know Kareem and Duncan don't show emotion. But they put up numbers from the beginning of their careers so you can't argue with results. Andrew mixes his so-so effort with his so-so game. He shouldn't be the deal breaker, he should be the deal maker.
lakeshow2k4

Postby Lakeshow24 on Fri May 11, 2007 1:31 pm

lakeshow2k4 wrote:It's scary to think about some of the fans' mentality regarding Andrew. "He's baby Shaq in a few years" " He's going to get better".

I mean, I don't know what games/season you were watching but Andrew got worse as the season went on. Don't talk to me about a rookie wall either because he's 19 years old and did play summer ball so the "fatigue" excuses don't fly.

If we didn't have Kobe, I'd say sure let's see what the kid can do. Give him three, four years and let's see. But we do have Kobe Bryant and in case you missed it, he's pissed. And ANY trade worth anything will INCLUDE Bynum. Kwame? Vlad? Farmar? Prepare to receive garbage for garbage. You want stars? You want players? Bye bye Andrew. Bye Odom.

And one more thing about this kid. And I said this during last year's summer league. At least ACT like you care. Show SOME emotion. Yes, I know Kareem and Duncan don't show emotion. But they put up numbers from the beginning of their careers so you can't argue with results. Andrew mixes his so-so effort with his so-so game. He shouldn't be the deal breaker, he should be the deal maker.

He has it in him. Just ask Shaq when he got dunked on, and Bynum ran that floor with the forearm in Shaq's side. Bynum is crazy, made a reputation in my mind for being energetic. If he fell off, it's only temporary. The real Bynum is cocky, no doubt. :mhihi:
Lakeshow24

Postby Johnnyboy on Fri May 11, 2007 1:45 pm

I still dont understand why people would want J.O. over Pau.
JO=huge contract,injury prone player,terrible Fg%
Pau=decent contract,great offense, ok defense. Way easier to get.
Johnnyboy

Postby socaguy on Fri May 11, 2007 2:40 pm

Johnnyboy wrote:I still dont understand why people would want J.O. over Pau.
JO=huge contract,injury prone player,terrible Fg%
Pau=decent contract,great offense, ok defense. Way easier to get.

I agreed on the concern about JO's injuries in particular his knee.

I'm not sure how you came up with the conclusion that Pau is more obtainable than JO. I think they're equally tough to get and I'm happy with either one.
socaguy

Postby FlyWhiteGuyE on Fri May 11, 2007 3:09 pm

You guys are getting off topic. Back to Bynum. I agree he's had some short bursts of greatness, but he needs to show more than a handful of great MOMENTS in season. He needs to show some great GAMES in a season.

They should have kept him in D league these past few years to get some minutes under him, or at least had him going back and fourth like they had Farmar.
FlyWhiteGuyE

Postby lakeshow2k4 on Fri May 11, 2007 4:40 pm

FlyWhiteGuyE wrote:You guys are getting off topic. Back to Bynum. I agree he's had some short bursts of greatness, but he needs to show more than a handful of great MOMENTS in season. He needs to show some great GAMES in a season.

They should have kept him in D league these past few years to get some minutes under him, or at least had him going back and fourth like they had Farmar.

Great take! You can't get better sitting on the pine!!
lakeshow2k4

Next

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas