S&T Odom ideas

S&T Odom ideas

Postby TheGM on Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:14 pm

While I am 99% sure LO resigns with the Lakers, I have been trying to think of S&T idea that Odom would agree to.

Send Odom and Farmar to NY for David Lee, Chris Duhon and Wilson Chandler.

Lee signs at 7.5 million (BYC- 3.75), Duhon counts for 6 million, Chandler counts 1.3 million = 11 million

LO signs at 9.5 million or more, Farmar counts for 1.9 = 11.4

Why NY: With the salary cap dropping in 2010, they won't be able to sign 2 max FA's, so getting LO is a good alternative. Duhon has an expiring contract, so resigning him in 2010 is unlikely and Farmar can be a cheap PG in NY's system for the future. They might let Lee walk anyway and Chandler has been dangled as trade bait all summer. LO would likely agree to playing in NY even if it means going to a losing team.

Why LA: While LO is more versatile than Lee, Lee is younger and is good but in a different way. Duhon would become a great option at the starting PG position and Chandler has immense upside and is a very good defender. Lakers would be downgrading at the PF, but upgrading at backup SG/SF and PG.
TheGM

Re: S&T Odom ideas

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:47 pm

TheGM wrote:While I am 99% sure LO resigns with the Lakers, I have been trying to think of S&T idea that Odom would agree to.

Send Odom and Farmar to NY for David Lee, Chris Duhon and Wilson Chandler.

Lee signs at 7.5 million (BYC- 3.75), Duhon counts for 6 million, Chandler counts 1.3 million = 11 million

LO signs at 9.5 million or more, Farmar counts for 1.9 = 11.4

Why NY: With the salary cap dropping in 2010, they won't be able to sign 2 max FA's, so getting LO is a good alternative. Duhon has an expiring contract, so resigning him in 2010 is unlikely and Farmar can be a cheap PG in NY's system for the future. They might let Lee walk anyway and Chandler has been dangled as trade bait all summer. LO would likely agree to playing in NY even if it means going to a losing team.

Why LA: While LO is more versatile than Lee, Lee is younger and is good but in a different way. Duhon would become a great option at the starting PG position and Chandler has immense upside and is a very good defender. Lakers would be downgrading at the PF, but upgrading at backup SG/SF and PG.

I like that scenario. Good proposal.
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby khmrP on Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:55 pm

I like that IDEA as well, it would be even more if we could add Farmar for Nate into the deal as well. Chandler could be our Trev replacement but I dont think NYK would take it though they still want 2010
khmrP

Postby hellangel on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:10 pm

David Lee<<Lamar Odom

LO is the only one in the front court capable of doing dirty works
hellangel

Postby alex58 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:04 pm

LO is more valuable than this . He is the only player in the NBA that can play any position and with heart. That reminds me (some how) of Magic .
The answer is NO. That trade will create a big gap in our front line and make the knicks a contender.
Magic , the only way to bring back the go0d old days.
alex58

Postby diehard on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:04 am

Odom and Vujacic to Miami for Udonis Haslem, Michael Beasley, and Dorrell Wright.

Odom gets to go back to Miami where he had some success and we get rid of Vujacic's contract.

We get Haslem who would be a great big off of the bench for us. We also get a chance to see what Beasley can do and a long wing in Dorrell Wright (all three are in the final year of their contract).
"Be true to yourself and you will never fall."

Ron Artest: Is it freaky if your girl has a barbed wired thong and comes in the room with plastic sporks? Twitter
diehard

Postby khmrP on Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:15 am

[quote="alex58"]LO is more valuable than this . He is the only player in the NBA that can play any position and with heart. That reminds me (some how) of Magic .
The answer is NO. That trade will create a big gap in our front line and make the knicks a contender.[/quote]

You got to be kidding me! :bang: , Odom would make NY a CONTENDER? a contender for what? the lottery? #1 he isn't valuable as 1st option, #2 he isn't valuable as a STAR player that can carry a team. You NEVER get your true value and if you think Odom can fetch you a star player in return you must be delusional :man8: We be dam lucky if NY accepted this
khmrP

Postby TheGM on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:42 am

Got 3 more Odom ideas:

1. As stated above: David Lee and Wilson Chandler for Lamar Odom. Add Morrisons expiring salary and Lakers might have to take back Jeffries salary.

2. Gerald Wallace and Raja Bell for Odom and Sasha - Wallace and Artest both can play some 4. Wallace is young and would be a great 6th man. Raja over Sasha is an upgrade for next year and then his contract expires, saves money Sasha's contract.

3. Haslem, Chalmers, Wright and a #1 pick or for Beasley and Blount for Odom.

4.Hinrich and Tyrus Thomas for Odom and Farmar - doubt CHicago is looking to trade Hinrich, but would be a great trade for LA.

5)
TheGM

Postby L8KERS4LIFE on Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:39 pm

I want LO to stay with the Lakers, but if he does not why not try to get Boozer or Tayshaun? I do think they will end up signing LO. What other team is can pay him anything close to what he wants? He wants 10 million a yr for 5 yrs =50 million total. I believe that the Lakers have offered him 9 million for 3yrs. I believe they will come to an agreement.
L8KERS4LIFE

Postby Kingshunter on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:37 pm

I like the Tayshaun Prince Idea, but in order to get Detroit tempted we would have to throw in Farmar. I like Odom for Prince straight across, but giving up Farmar may be a bit much.
Kingshunter

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas