Odom to Indiana? Win Win

Odom to Indiana? Win Win

Postby silversurfer on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:30 am

Ladies and Gentleman after some intense research I have to thought of a trade that wouldn't cause us to shake up our core

Lamar Odom, Cash, Future 2nd for Darren Collison, Brandon Rush, and Josh McRoberts

This trade works for both side

Why LA does it:
There is no secret LA needs a need point. Collison fills that void by being a speed demon on a team that doesn't have much. He plays as good of defense against small guards as it gets. He may not be the strongest against the big guards but we have other guys to handle those guys. Collison can pentrate and shoot the 3. He is not Chris Paul but he would be a world better then Blake or Fisher. He would bring in some welcomed youth to the starting lineup. Bring back a Rush to LA. Well Rush seems to be the odd man out in Indiana. Unless they trade Granger which I doubt they have George and Granger as their wings. Rush did not see the court last year in the playoffs. I expect them to pay Jamal Crawford so that increases the likely hood Rush is dealt. Rush could be a good role player for us. He can play the three or two and plays good perimeter defense. He doesn't create his own shot but he is a good spot up shooter. He could be an alternate to keeping Shannon who might get paid. Josh McRoberts would be a quality big man to have off the bench. He can play the 4 and occasion the 5 he is 6'10-11 after all. He wouldn't be an upgrade over Odom but he can hit the boards, has good IQ, still has some potential, and can hit the jumper. Indiana will likely lose him so getting something for him for be good on their part.

Why Indiana does it:
Indiana has a hole at the power forward position. Hansbrough has shown he is a player in this league but what team wouldn't want the services of a big of the quality of Lamar Odom. Odom with Hibbert would make a good combo at the 4 and 5. Odom would be able to space the floor for Hibbert to do work in the paint. Hibbert is not the best rebounder and Odom excels in that that role. Plus Indiana is full on youth and there needs to be a balance with some vets. The core of Indiana is Granger, Hibbert, and George. They will be elite if George and Hibbert can take that next step. George Hill was brought in to play the point guard position, and could possibly mean Collison is expandable. After all they also have AJ Price who is a quality back up point guard and Lance Stephenson who they are high on. They could be able to add two quality vets in Crawford and Odom. Two of the best 6th men in the league to go along with their core.

If the Lakers waive Luke Walton, then follow that up by signing a bench big with the midlevel exception this is the new Laker Roster

Bynum FA(who can play the 4 and 5)
Gasol McRoberts Character
World Peace Barnes Ebanks
Kobe Rush Goldielock
Collison Blake/Fisher Morris

Indianas New Roster
Hibbert Foster
Odom Hansborugh
Granger Posey/Dantay Jones
George Crawford
Hill Price/Stephenson

With Crawford shifting from Atlanta, questions behind Orland, Bostons age
I think Indiana would be able to become one of the elite teams in the East and the Lakers would be able to get a point and some much needed youth that can play
Last edited by silversurfer on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
silversurfer

Re: Odom to Indiana? Win Win

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:33 am

A better idea than I was expecting, but still no.

Now we're pretty damn thin upfront with that trade and we're so stacked at point and small forward that we don't have enough minutes to go around.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby silversurfer on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:41 am

Blake or Fisher would ride the pine. The cool kids( goldielock, ebanks, morris) shouldn't demand minutes

We are the Lakers I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to nab a quality big man in free agency. After all we still would have Gasol and Bynum. We have to count on Bynum being healthy or else I don't like our odds with or without Odom
silversurfer

Postby XXIV on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:47 am

Decent trade idea, but we really need Odom in case Bynum were to go down. A starting line up consisting of Pau and Odom can contend, but not so much when you replace Odom with McRoberts. Also, I would think Indiana would want more for their two young prospects.
XXIV

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:51 am

Too bad Josh McRoberts and Jeff Foster are already a free agents.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby silversurfer on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:55 am

with this trade idea McRoberts would re sign for a sign and trade

Brandon Rush is lost in the shuffle in Indiana. He doesn't have that high of a market

Odom for Collison.A big for a small I think the Lakers would be giving more value there
silversurfer

Postby Frank Dux on Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:59 pm

Odom for 3 mediocre players? no thanks.
Frank Dux
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Musttang87 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:59 pm

Indiana does this because they clear up cap space am I right? Odom comes off the books I believe in 2 years and is definitely worth the 8-9 million his making since he does grab's a ton of boards. Though I like your idea for both teams, I just can't come to grips with starting josh mcroberts with gasol if bynum goes down(and does every year).

I rather keep Odom here, his been loyal to us(though his stock is going straight down for here on out) and I wanna see what we have in the 2nd round rookies we got, I think Darius and Goudlelock(however u spell it) will turn out great.
Musttang87

Postby LeX Da KiD on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:17 pm

wtf? hell no
LeX Da KiD

Postby lakerzkb8 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:39 pm

I never understood trade proposals by fans. It's never going to happen.
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'! - Chick Hearn RIP
lakerzkb8

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas