Odom is nice but

Re: Odom is nice but

Postby ReaListik on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:29 pm

from714to402 wrote:Well in that case we should sign this guy.

Now that's a warrior.

LoL I remember when Smush said he could do what Kobe does at the end of a game...regardless of if that's a joke or not, that was pretty hilarious and one of those moments Smush should've kept to himself before speaking.
ReaListik

Postby Weezy on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:51 pm

It boils down to why? Odom is running the bench so smoothly, we're blowing teams out, why? Maybe if he starts to play bad or complains (unlikely) or we start losing to the great teams of the league the Lakers explore the possibility of moving him for a starting 3, but not now when we're playing so well.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:54 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:I am going to help you out here Living_ Legend.

="Living_Legend"]ok..don't use that fallacy of attacking the arguer and not the argument therealdeal.

You can not attack an argument that is basically pointless so inturn one has to attack the "arguer" who deemed it worthy of arguing about.

If you think you know it all go on make a deal.

The point people are "trying" to make is that we do not just make trades for the sake of making them. This thread fails because of its lack of a point.

To the poster above learn how to spell that hurt my eyes.

You do remember the first line in this post I am quoting? It is this little gem you directed at therealdeal "don't use that fallacy of attacking the arguer and not the argument". Wouldn't it be better to not actually do what you are telling someone else not to do in exact same post you are telling them not to do it in?

Harrington drives it in stronger harder than odom and doesn't just shoot 3's.

Forget that Odom can play 4 positions and can bring the ball up off a rebound. Who cares about the fact that he is vastly better than Harrington in overall basketball talent. While I like Harringtons game he CAN NOT do what LO can do for this team. OH and lets not forget we actually need people to shoot 3's. If you bothered or attempted to watch the Lakers play you would know that LO doesn't shoot a lot of 3's. Infact the knock on LO has been he isn't aggressive enough on offense and much rather get his teammates involved. Psh, why let facts get in the way of a good ole "trade LO" thread.

Just look at the link . Plus he gots better basketball iq.

So because he uses boxing to keep himself in shape we should trade LO for him? :man10: Logic is sometime hard to find.

Big Al dunked on King James has odom ever done that?

OMG......... Sasha dunked on Drew and LO in practice maybe we should make him our starting center now. You do know EVERYONE gets dunked on, right? Oh nevermind I am sure that has been overlooked as well.

those highlights are just one year.

Congrats. Devean Goerge was spectacular for 1 year and got 18 million out of the Lakers for his effort. How did that work out again?

You can't tell me he is impressive.

So you went through all that and you don't want us to tell you he is impressive? I am confused. :man3:

If traded a player makes me less of a fan then what about the people that dislike Cookie, or Smush.

What? :man3:

To the OP, pretty much what he said.

Thanks for saving me the time puffy. :jam2:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby d33pzone on Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:49 am

enbefour
d33pzone

Postby L4L on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:25 am

One ring now > a better chance at more later.
L4L
Clublakers Moderator

Postby jaymadridista on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:41 am

Living_Legend wrote:ok..don't use that fallacy of attacking the arguer and not the argument therealdeal. If you think you know it all go on make a deal. To the poster above learn how to spell that hurt my eyes. Harrington drives it in stronger harder than odom and doesn't just shoot 3's. Just look at the link . Plus he gots better basketball iq.

Big Al dunked on King James has odom ever done that? those highlights are just one year. You can't tell me he is impressive. If traded a player makes me less of a fan then what about the people that dislike Cookie, or Smush.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hni6TbGV6EA&NR=1

look at that warrior

are u his agent or something some lakerfans never ceases to amaze me we have a great team we dont need anyone!!!!!!! now u want this nothing yes i said nothing in place of lamar it makes no sense :bang: :disagree:
jaymadridista

Postby lakerball4life on Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:17 am

Living_Legend wrote:check this link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvRBGPj0fGo

he has game!
YES WE CAN!

IdK but for some reason I wish we could assemble the greatest team to ever grace the court..Why settle for less
I want this team to destroy Boston blowing them out everygame
and I want Kobe to win 7rings
and this team to go 73-8. Is to much to ask for

81 games ftw.

Back under your rock bandwaggoner.
lakerball4life

Postby Pig Miller on Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:14 am

Living_Legend wrote:ok..don't use that fallacy of attacking the arguer and not the argument therealdeal. If you think you know it all go on make a deal. To the poster above learn how to spell that hurt my eyes. Harrington drives it in stronger harder than odom and doesn't just shoot 3's. Just look at the link . Plus he gots better basketball iq.

Big Al dunked on King James has odom ever done that? those highlights are just one year. You can't tell me he is impressive. If traded a player makes me less of a fan then what about the people that dislike Cookie, or Smush.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hni6TbGV6EA&NR=1

look at that warrior

1) many guys have dunked over guy X. that argument is completely invalid unless we're talking about a dunk contest or vertical leap. what we care about is how a guy fits in our system.
2) the guy plays in a run and gun system, yet only has averaged maybe 14 points a game, dishing out less than 2 assists, and not much of a rebounder either, while playing approx. 30 minutes a game
3) harrington can't play as many positions as lamar, which also means he can't defend as many positions as lamar, a key piece of the puzzle w/ a defensive mind set this year
4) sure it's possible that lamar leaves, but we're having salary issues as it is, so it's not necessarily a bad thing. think of it as a trade for salary cap space (which tons of teams do)
5) lamar is a terrific passer, more than can be said for harrington, and in this offense, passing is a key skill to make a unit click

those are my thoughts/counter-arguments.
Pig Miller

Postby tradelamarodom on Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:23 pm

i think they should trade him for a young player because the team already has everthing it needs
tradelamarodom

Postby therealdeal on Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:53 am

tradelamarodom wrote:i think they should trade him for a young player because the team already has everthing it needs

He's an important part of what the team already has. Your name is just wrong in so many ways right now... please just drop this.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby DarthVMax 5253RS on Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:42 pm

Shadow wrote:The "Trade Odom" threads are so 2 years ago. Get over it, he aint getting traded, move on!

Yeah, get over it, the Lakers just KEEP hoping a turd could be polished into a diamond.
DarthVMax 5253RS

Postby DjSmith#24 on Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:42 pm

what about battier anyone? or hedo turgolu or however you spell it
DjSmith#24

Postby Stanley on Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:02 pm

Odom deserves a line-up position that the lakers can't give him, so walking away is a better choice for him. It's true that he is good and he is still doing great work for the lakers but he is in his contract year. Who the hell knows whether Bass will open up his purse and pay millions of Lux tax for him? We'll get nothing if we just let him walk when his contract expires. an expiring contract is more valuable for a rebuilding team but not a contender like lakers. And playing in a weaker team is also good for lamar himself as he is gonna be the no.1 or 2 instead of 3 then he will get considerably plenty of game time to increase his value, then he can get a pretty satisfactory contract when his present contract expires in the summer.
Trade him to wolve for MMiller and some picks, clear up some salary space and plan for the future a little bit. MMiller has proven himself to be a good bench off player and his 3s are miles better than walton and radmanovic. he can also start at SF in place of walton.

Bynum/Pau/MM(or walton)/KB/fisher.
"you have one ounce of black blood in you then you are black."---Image

"then no one is white in the whole world."--- Me
Stanley

Postby LakerzDQ on Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:38 am

wait, isn't "big Al" Al Jefferson?

Al Harrington is just a scorer, Odom is more useful to the team than him.
LakerzDQ

Postby chahal-24 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:53 pm

Odom would be an awesome off the bench player..
but for what were paying him hes just not living up to the standards
yeah he'll hit a few 3's and sometimes get on a lucky hotstreak
but hes just too inconsistent - especially in the playoffs
chahal-24

Postby chahal-24 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:06 pm

DarthVMax 5253RS wrote:
Shadow wrote:The "Trade Odom" threads are so 2 years ago. Get over it, he aint getting traded, move on!

Yeah, get over it, the Lakers just KEEP hoping a turd could be polished into a diamond.

hahahahahahah
chahal-24

Previous

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas