ok..don't use that fallacy of attacking the arguer and not the argument therealdeal. If you think you know it all go on make a deal. To the poster above learn how to spell that hurt my eyes. Harrington drives it in stronger harder than odom and doesn't just shoot 3's. Just look at the link . Plus he gots better basketball iq.
Big Al dunked on King James has odom ever done that? those highlights are just one year. You can't tell me he is impressive. If traded a player makes me less of a fan then what about the people that dislike Cookie, or Smush.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hni6TbGV6EA&NR=1
look at that warrior
1) many guys have dunked over guy X. that argument is completely invalid unless we're talking about a dunk contest or vertical leap. what we care about is how a guy fits in our system.
2) the guy plays in a run and gun system, yet only has averaged maybe 14 points a game, dishing out less than 2 assists, and not much of a rebounder either, while playing approx. 30 minutes a game
3) harrington can't play as many positions as lamar, which also means he can't defend as many positions as lamar, a key piece of the puzzle w/ a defensive mind set this year
4) sure it's possible that lamar leaves, but we're having salary issues as it is, so it's not necessarily a bad thing. think of it as a trade for salary cap space (which tons of teams do)
5) lamar is a terrific passer, more than can be said for harrington, and in this offense, passing is a key skill to make a unit click
those are my thoughts/counter-arguments.