Odom is nice but

Odom is nice but

Postby Living_Legend on Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:58 pm

we are going to lose him for nothing next year. Do you really think he is going to turn down the money after he gets a ring this year. I would trade him while we have a chance. Al Harrington anyone? :man1:
Face it odom choked in the post season
Living_Legend

Re: Odom is nice but

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:01 pm

nb4
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby GinoDB on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:02 pm

first we have to win the ring, then we have to hope that Odom will want another one, with this team

if those don't happen then he will probably walk, unless we are willing to pay, which I doubt
GinoDB

Postby Weezy on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:08 pm

Another trade Odom thread how great. If hes playing well and we're winning why mess with it? If he walks after the season oh well money off the books. As far as choking in the finals he wasn't alone and it's not like we're most dependant on him with this team's depth.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Armo Flava on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:11 pm

SPAM !!
"i leave FLY dust on my haters when im passin em by"

Armo Flava

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:11 pm

Weezy wrote:Another trade Odom thread how great. If hes playing well and we're winning why mess with it? If he walks after the season oh well money off the books. As far as choking in the finals he wasn't alone and it's not like we're most dependant on him with this team's depth.

I love these "laker fans" these days he said sarcastically
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Living_Legend on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:20 pm

But have you seen Big Al play? I just think he would be a better fit on the bench mob

by the way he hates Pierce just like I DO

He brings everything ODOM does.size passing but he plays with passion don't you remember that run they made two years ago , and he can shoot
Living_Legend

Postby Weezy on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:22 pm

Harrington is nice, but honestly nothing special. What can he do off the bench that Odom can't? Odom is a better rebounder, better passer, can run the point and he's even working harder on D. Whenever I see Harrington he's chucking up a 3, yeah, that's what we need.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Living_Legend on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:24 pm

check this link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvRBGPj0fGo

he has game!
YES WE CAN!

IdK but for some reason I wish we could assemble the greatest team to ever grace the court..Why settle for less
I want this team to destroy Boston blowing them out everygame
and I want Kobe to win 7rings
and this team to go 73-8. Is to much to ask for
Living_Legend

Postby Living_Legend on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:27 pm

Just look at our bench mob
Ariza
Sasha
Farmar

its showtime baby..It isn't our starters its a different style

YES WE CAN!!
vote Al on the Lakers come on Mitch..he is a genius don't be surpised. Idk I live in the bay area so I get to see Al in person alot and he is a good player.real solid
Living_Legend

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:40 pm

We already have a team that is capable of championships, that is playing at a very high level.

Let it go.

We don't need to trade anyone.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Living_Legend on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:45 pm

i know we could win with odom but we could give rid of just one guy..Nothing major..
sorta like baseball..When a team is going to make a run they really stock up . you never know what could happen. One injury away from another Garnett Odom match up ...yikes!

Mark my words Odom is not going to be in LA in 09-10
Living_Legend

Postby from714to402 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:51 pm

Living_Legend wrote:i know we could win with odom but we could give rid of just one guy..Nothing major..
sorta like baseball..When a team is going to make a run they really stock up . you never know what could happen. One injury away from another Garnett Odom match up ...yikes!

Mark my words Odom is not going to be in LA in 09-10

So you want to get Al to help out with a Garnett-Odom match-up in case we meet in the finals? How exactly does Al help on the defensive end? Especially if he had to guard Garnett?
from714to402

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:53 pm

Actually he probably won't be, but that's next season. This team has yet to win a ring, and rings change everything.

And moving Lamar is extremely "major." Lamar right now is our glue that holds together the versatility and depth of this team. What's your solution? to have Al Harrington guarding KG? Besides, if you watched the playoffs, Lamar rarely guarded KG, Pau did.

This is basketball, not baseball. It is much much different.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Living_Legend on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:07 pm

Well Al can take Perkins off the dribble and score. He is a shooter thus whatever big is guarding him must play from the hoop and respect him. Therefore creating more lanes for Kobe. He plays better one on one d and team d then Odom. Also faster and would be better suited for a zone defense we are now running. Odom maybe a little bigger but not by much Al is 6'10 Odom 6'11 and I would say Al is more strong. The only advantage Odom had is passing and not living up expectations. Just look at the video it would say it all.
Living_Legend

Postby from714to402 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:10 pm

Is that you Al Harrington?
from714to402

Postby live and die in LA on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:18 pm

That would make no sense. Odom is a better player than Harrington, plus we need Odoms expiring contract to resign Farmar and Ariza. Harrington is just a 3/4 chucker, Odom has versatility. We have plenty of players who can score, Odom brings alot more than points.
live and die in LA

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:18 pm

Just watching the Lakers play this year tells it all, there is no need for a trade, please do not start these threads.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby crazylakerfanforlife on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:33 pm

wat is so great about al harrington. he is lamar odom with worse defense and ball handling and a little less length. our big man rotation is so ballanced right now. plus odom is 11 million off the books if we were gonna trade him it would be to a bad eastern conference team and he his worth alot more than just harrington. we wont trade him cause we r undefeated and are major goal is to win a championship. he knows his role and he will do great off the bench
crazylakerfanforlife

Postby Shadow on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:45 pm

The "Trade Odom" threads are so 2 years ago. Get over it, he aint getting traded, move on!
Shadow

Postby Living_Legend on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:50 pm

ok..don't use that fallacy of attacking the arguer and not the argument therealdeal. If you think you know it all go on make a deal. To the poster above learn how to spell that hurt my eyes. Harrington drives it in stronger harder than odom and doesn't just shoot 3's. Just look at the link . Plus he gots better basketball iq.

Big Al dunked on King James has odom ever done that? those highlights are just one year. You can't tell me he is impressive. If traded a player makes me less of a fan then what about the people that dislike Cookie, or Smush.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hni6TbGV6EA&NR=1

look at that warrior
Living_Legend

Postby LakerCane on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:53 pm

We don't move him unless some desperate team wants his conract or a team that is chasing LeBron James wants his contract, overpays for him.

Right now, he's the best 6th man in the league, HANDS DOWN.

If he walks, he walks.

LakerCane

Postby from714to402 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:54 pm

Well in that case we should sign this guy.

Now that's a warrior.
from714to402

Postby indeed on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:15 pm

how do you know we are going to lose him? You dont.
nb4
game 7 against suns.
finals against celts
As the man thats pretty shakey stuff, when you want to be considered greatest ever. Top 15 no doubt. Top 10 when you show.
indeed

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:20 pm

I am going to help you out here Living_ Legend.

="Living_Legend"]ok..don't use that fallacy of attacking the arguer and not the argument therealdeal.

You can not attack an argument that is basically pointless so inturn one has to attack the "arguer" who deemed it worthy of arguing about.

If you think you know it all go on make a deal.

The point people are "trying" to make is that we do not just make trades for the sake of making them. This thread fails because of its lack of a point.

To the poster above learn how to spell that hurt my eyes.

You do remember the first line in this post I am quoting? It is this little gem you directed at therealdeal "don't use that fallacy of attacking the arguer and not the argument". Wouldn't it be better to not actually do what you are telling someone else not to do in exact same post you are telling them not to do it in?

Harrington drives it in stronger harder than odom and doesn't just shoot 3's.

Forget that Odom can play 4 positions and can bring the ball up off a rebound. Who cares about the fact that he is vastly better than Harrington in overall basketball talent. While I like Harringtons game he CAN NOT do what LO can do for this team. OH and lets not forget we actually need people to shoot 3's. If you bothered or attempted to watch the Lakers play you would know that LO doesn't shoot a lot of 3's. Infact the knock on LO has been he isn't aggressive enough on offense and much rather get his teammates involved. Psh, why let facts get in the way of a good ole "trade LO" thread.

Just look at the link . Plus he gots better basketball iq.

So because he uses boxing to keep himself in shape we should trade LO for him? :man10: Logic is sometime hard to find.

Big Al dunked on King James has odom ever done that?

OMG......... Sasha dunked on Drew and LO in practice maybe we should make him our starting center now. You do know EVERYONE gets dunked on, right? Oh nevermind I am sure that has been overlooked as well.

those highlights are just one year.

Congrats. Devean Goerge was spectacular for 1 year and got 18 million out of the Lakers for his effort. How did that work out again?

You can't tell me he is impressive.

So you went through all that and you don't want us to tell you he is impressive? I am confused. :man3:

If traded a player makes me less of a fan then what about the people that dislike Cookie, or Smush.

What? :man3:
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Next

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas