S&T Odom + Sasha + picks for Joe Johnson!!!!!!

S&T Odom + Sasha + picks for Joe Johnson!!!!!!

Postby AztecaEmperor on Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:03 pm

This would be the greatest trade for the Lakers since Gasol. S&T Odom for 10 mil + Sasha's 5 mil and throw in a couple of 2nd round picks, or if that doesn’t work offer up our 2012 1st round pick as well. All of our draft picks for the next five years or so will be low picks anyways; this will match up financially, plus Joe Johnson's is an expiring contract :man13: . Just imagine having Kobe and Johnson on floor at the same time :man13: They both have similar games, both can create their own shot and play the point guard position. A starting line up of Kobe, Joe Johnson, Artest, Gasol, and Bynum would be and a absolute nightmare for ever team in the world!!!. If I were Mitch I do this trade if it means not having a first round pick until 2013. Do it MITCH!!!!!

Lakers starting five:
Kobe Bryant= PG/SG
Joe Johnson=PG/SG
Ron Artest=SF
Pau Gasol=PF
Andrew Bynum=C
CHAMPIONSHIP #16 Rrecord of 73-9 playoffs 16-0

Atlantas Starting five:
Mike Bibby=PG
Jamal Crawford=SG/PG
Marvin Williams=SF
Lamar Odom=PF/SF/SG/PG
AL Horford=C

If anybody knows Mitch or Dr. Buss tell them to do this trade :jam2:
Last edited by AztecaEmperor on Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AztecaEmperor

Re: S&T Odom + Sasha + picks for Joe Johnson!!!!!!

Postby Larry14r on Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:29 pm

In your dreams because the Hawks won't do that.
Larry14r

Postby AztecaEmperor on Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:54 pm

They may do it if they feel Joe Johnson will not resign with the team. He has an expiring contract and they have yet discuss an extention, which tells me they do not want pay him big bucks. An extension would pay him in the 16-20 million a year dollar range. If it takes offering our 2012 and a hand full of second rounders, why not. I think its an close to even trade. I would be hesitant if they also asked for our 2012 and 2014 first round pick, they would have give us a few second rounders in return. Plus this trade cancels out Sashas 10 million dollor contract thats owed to him againts the cap. We spend an extra 10 mil this year but cut 15mil for next year with Johnsons expiring contract. :man1:
AztecaEmperor

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:25 pm

Joke?

Besides, Lamar would have to agree to go there and why would he?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:57 pm

because 10millyr>>>>8mill/yr>>>7mill/yr......as apparent by Odom stalling on not taking either Laker or Mia deal, now he would get the yrs and the money.....It wont happen but I bet if this was presented to LO he signed quicker than you can blink.
khmrP

Postby AztecaEmperor on Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:34 pm

This is a good deal for both teams; Atlanta would have a much stronger frontcourt to contend with the likes of Boston, Orlando and Cleveland, and now that they have Jamal Crawford, that makes Joe Johnson somewhat expendable. This trade would put them in the top 4 four teams in the east. And with the Lakers having a healthy Bynum, there may not be much need for Odom, and that could be why the Lakers are not all that desperate to sign him. I think the Lakers are preparing an S&T with Miami or some other team, that’s why its taking so long (The Lakers are very hush, hush when it comes to trades). What if Pat Riley and D-Wade came to L.A. to work out the trade details with Lakers Brass and Wade came along to welcome Odom to Miami. Remember right before we traded Shaq to Miami, Pat Riley had visited the Lakers. I can guarantee you that Odom will not take the MLE from any team. I know this trade sounds a little far fetch, but if you would have asked me to compare this trade to the Gasol trade I would put my money this trade being more likely to occur. I hope for a trade with Atlanta, but if we do it with Miami, it would have to involved Beasley, and if that happens then more likely we would get James Jones as well, just to make the numbers work. Beasely would be great, but Joe Johnson will contribute right away just like Gasol did. I know Lakers will not let Odom walk away with out possibly getting some good value in return.
AztecaEmperor

Postby khmrP on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:09 pm

Az I strongly disagree that this trade would help both team....tell me who's going to be the "GUY" on Atl if Odom goes there? God knows LO can't be trusted to be the 1st option let alone a consistent 2nd option....what is Smith going to carry that team? Just because JJ hasn't reup doesn't mean Atl doesn't him back, why else would they bring back williams/bibby/zaza? Crawford is just over achieving chucker, who couldn't even hack in a chucking system in GS, if you think crawford can make JJ expendable you must be NUTS :bang:
khmrP

Postby AztecaEmperor on Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:50 am

I understand what you’re saying, but why in the world would they get Crawford when you have JJ, makes no sense to me. When you really want a player you sign him as soon as possible, look how fast teams signed their best players. If Atlanta waits until next summer to offer him a contract then that means they are going to play hard and possibly low ball the crap out of him. L.O. would be a much cheaper alternative for Atlanta. As far as is concerned he will do great as the 1st option, remember what he did in Miami. He average close to 20 points a game and help win a playoff series. :jam2:
AztecaEmperor

Postby khmrP on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:27 am

that Odom was 5 yrs ago and NO 17ppg is NOT close to 20 at ALL, if anything Wade was already the star of that team than as a rookie and he made it easier for Odom to do what he did. Who's going to do that for LO in Atl? Bibby isn't really a pass 1st guard either, he gets his #'s but he doesn't really doesn't get into the lanes creating for others anymore. Dont get me wrong I would LOVE to have JJ on this team, he was on my fantasy team and his all around #'s pretty much took me to the finals of my league but I'm sure Atl knows what they have as well and they're not going to give him up to OVERPAY for a inconsistent #2 at best.
khmrP

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas