If no Odom, this scenario would work.

If no Odom, this scenario would work.

Postby wydellmd on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:18 am

IF Odom does not resign. I think this would be a perfect trade for the Lakers, and would be beneficial to the
New york Knicks as well Farmar/Sasha/Morrison for sign and trade of D.Lee, N.Robinson and Chandler. It gives us the depth we need, and helps the knicks get something
from thier two departing free agents. Knicks would get another expiring contract with Morrison
and who knows, if morrisons healthy, his style might fit in perfect with New York. I also think
Farmar could be a steve nash type of player if he got the chance to play in Dantoni's run and gun system.
IF we can't get Lamar back, then I think this is the next best option for us. New look lakers
Fisher/Robinson
Kobe/Brown
Artest/Chandler/Walton
Pau/Lee?Powell
Bynum/MBenga
or we could bring bynum off the bench
Fisher/Robinson
Kobe/Brown
Ron/Chandler/Walton
Lee/Powell
Pau/Bynum/Mbenga
wydellmd

Re: If no Odom, this scenario would work.

Postby GNC on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:19 am

i think you are going to get a lot of responses saying " there is an odom thread"

padd it.
GNC

Postby shawn817 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:19 am

No way Knicks give up David lee, doubt farmar is steve nash and once again no way knicks give up David lee.
shawn817

Postby TIME on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:20 am

There is a Trade forum for these kind of trade ideas.

But, the Lakers have already indicated they are NOT interested in a sign and trade for LO.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:22 am

since it was moved I will edit the post
Last edited by puffyusaf#2 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:24 am

Moved to Trade/Signing Ideas forum
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby GNC on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:24 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Out of your 11 post you created 11 threads where 10 of them were locked. Have you failed to figure out that you should stop creating threads?

:man4: .... :man10: :man10: :man10:
GNC

Postby chahal-24 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:35 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Out of your 11 post you created 11 threads where 10 of them were locked. Have you failed to figure out that you should stop creating threads?

.... :man10: :man10: :man10:

:fatshaq:
chahal-24

Postby wydellmd on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:47 am

TIME wrote:There is a Trade forum for these kind of trade ideas.

But, the Lakers have already indicated they are NOT interested in a sign and trade for LO.

Lo is not in the picture. We wouldn't be trading Lamar, just Sasha, farmar,and Morrison.
wydellmd

Postby wydellmd on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:53 am

shawn817 wrote:No way Knicks give up David lee, doubt farmar is steve nash and once again no way knicks give up David lee.

Well, it looks like Lee wants to jump ship anyway, so at least in this trade scenario they get a few experimental players, rather than getting nothing for Lee and Robinson, who would rather play overseas then come back to the Knicks. Farmar may not be Nash, but it would only be a 1 year experiment because of Farmars expiring contract. If he turns out to be a solid starter they can resign him, if he doesn't they can let him go and not lose anything. Same thing with Morrison, if he works out they can resign him, if not let him walk. And Sasha, they would only have one more additional year and then he is gone. Either way, Morrison, Farmar, and Sasha are run and gun players, and would fit a lot better and Dantoni's system then they do in LA. It doesn't look Like Lee and Robinson will be going back to New York, besides, in 2010 I am sure the knicks are going to want try and sign guys like Bosh or Amare in Lees position, and would not want a high priced backup.
wydellmd

Postby wydellmd on Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:55 pm

I know everyone says this silly, but may I remind you that we got Pau Gasol, one of the best
players on the planet for less. Nothing is impossible to those that believe.
wydellmd

Postby lakers_ftw on Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:03 pm

:bang: wow just wow. do you want to trade morrison for lebron james? or farmar for chris paul? or sasha for ray allen? Nothing is impossible to those that believe right?
lakers_ftw

Postby Fly Like A Mosquito Bite on Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:05 pm

:man4:

Farmar/Sasha/Morrison for Lee, Robinson, and Chandler? :man10: :man10: :man10:

You might as well go rob a bank.
Fly Like A Mosquito Bite

Postby AztecaEmperor on Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:09 pm

I have a better trade that both helps our team talent wise and financially. S&T Odum to contract for 42 mil 4 years with the contract being low end so that the first year starts at 9 mil. Then add the contracts of Fisher, Luke, and Sasha this will bring the trade value to 24 mil. In return we get J.Oneal's expiring contract and J.Moon as a throw in. Miami will buy out Fisher for 3 mil and then we resign him for the Bi-annual.Thats the basic senario, I would prefer to get Dequan Cook instead of moon, but either one will due. This trade will give us an Ariza type of player in Moon and a beast of a foward-center that can back up both Bynum and Gasol. Since this would be O'neals contract year he will be at his best. We only lose three players in this deal and save a ton cash for 2010. I hate to see Lamar leave but this great opportunity for the lakers. This also helps the heat because of the expience of luke, sasha and odum. With this trade we will beast on defense and the heat will be one the top three teams in the east. After this deal, next years salery will be somewhere between 60 mil and 70 mil. Maybe less.
AztecaEmperor

Postby NobodyKnows41 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:10 pm

Are you crazy? The lakers players have experience in winning a championship. These players from the Knicks don't even know how to get into the playoffs! I say Veto this trade.
NobodyKnows41

Postby NobodyKnows41 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:11 pm

:mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
NobodyKnows41

Postby eNlight on Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:09 am

absolutely not.
eNlight

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas