Odom/Vlad For Shaq/Barnes

Odom/Vlad For Shaq/Barnes

Postby lakurluv on Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:56 am

RealGM: Trade ID #4972027

I would do this trade in a heartbeat. If we could get the old former Bull Player(Kerr) to Make a deal with his Former Bull Coach(Jackson).

I know mostly everyone hates Shaq, but we all know he wants back in LA, and to win at least two more rings before he goes out. Check out our Possible starting five until ABomb returns, then bring the BIG CACTUS Off the bench.

Fish
Kobe
Trevor
Pau
Shaq

The league would have a fit, especially Pop! :man10:
lakurluv

Re: Odom/Vlad For Shaq/Barnes

Postby GinoDB on Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:09 am

wow, I was just thinking about this about 30 min. ago (before seeing the thread)

its a very good idea

Barnes is a thug but we need some of that

Shaq is big and I guess still has some left in the tank

we beat Boston for sure with these guys

Barnes can be just as dirty as KG if he has to, while Shaq is bigger than Perkins and has talent, just like Bynum's advantage, only bigger

and if Bynum is back on time

a bench of

Farmar / Sasha/ Barnes / Powell/ Bynum

Bynum worked very well with Powell when Odom was out

I think Barnes starts though because his 3pt shot is better than Ariza's at this point
GinoDB

Postby rock0100 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:25 am

I agree 100% with this trade. Shaq gives the Lakers the toughness they need. I like Barnes because of his youth but I wouldnt care if it were Barnes or Grant Hill in the trade. Phoenix would be a better team as well, especially with Odom at PF and Amare moving to C.
rock0100

Postby lakurluv on Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:49 pm

Yeah IMO this trade works well for both teams. Phoenix gets two valuable assets they could use in the playoffs this year, and for the future. This might also entice Amare to stick around having LO, and Vlad, which are in no comparison any where close to a Shaq sized EGO.

The Lakers get to complete and finish their Dynasty, as well as some cap relief, because Shaq becomes an expiring K after next year, and hopefully would retire after two more rings.

Barnes provides another long lenghty outside perimeter defender, and streaky shooter, not to mention his toughness. We'd be 3 Bruins deep, who would have thought...

Grants contract would work in lieu of Barnes, but I'd rather have Barnes since we'd be giving up two guys who aren't 30 yet.

I think Mitch should give it a shot. :jam2:
lakurluv

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:21 pm

No.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby j-halp on Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:13 pm

I would do it. But what about adding Mihm to Odom/Rad:
For Shaq/Barbosa

Otherwise I would Do it for Grant Hill or Barnes
j-halp

Postby GinoDB on Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:18 pm

j-halp wrote:I would do it. But what about adding Mihm to Odom/Rad:
For Shaq/Barbosa

Otherwise I would Do it for Grant Hill or Barnes

na Id rather Barnes, Barbosa won't do good against Cavs or Celtics

plus I can't stand how he looks for some reason, and Barnes is the dirty defense/streaky shooter we need at the 3
against a team like Boston
we can even play Barnes ,Kobe and Ariza all at the same time to shut down the opponents backcourt and it will definitely slow down Bron
GinoDB

Postby rock0100 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:40 pm

I think that the majority of people that oppose this trade do so mainly because they don't want to hear the "Kobe can't win withouth Shaq" haters come out in full force. I say, who cares?!

This is Kobe's team, we know it, the media knows it, and Shaq knows it. Shaq would come in with a good attitude and a fresh start. In business, you have to learn to forgive and forget just as the Kobe and Phil did. There is only one person missing, and that is Shaq. We would win titles with Kobe, Shaq, Bynum, Gasol, Ariza, Farmar, Josh Powell, Mihm....the list goes on. This is not the same old and tired team that surrounded Shaq and Kobe 3 years ago.

Come on, seriously guys, it is the PERFECT hollywood story. Kobe, Shaq & Phil coming full circle to go on another threepeat. :jam2:

Do it Mitch!! We will see how teams and "sports analyst" will be calling the Lakers "soft".
rock0100

Postby kb241 on Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:05 am

Shaq is a team chemistry KILLER!!! The Suns were doing fine now Nash looks like he needs some depression pills. This team gets along great and you want to throw Shaq in the midst? Then when he doesn't get the ball we are all going to have to hear him whine about it. Forget that!
Kobe Bryant Is The Best Player On The Planet! http://bestplayerontheplanet.com
kb241

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas