lakersforthewin wrote:I know it's a little too early to really think about the offseason but I wanted to see how we could address our two biggest weaknesses: the need for a shooter, and a PG.
1. Secure a pick in the early 20s, whether it be through cash considerations (more financial commitment will be needed from Dr. Buss here) or through trading future second round picks.
2. Draft night
3. Let Farmar, Powell, Mbenga, and Morrison go.
4. Retain Brown if possible at maybe 3 yrs/12M
5. Re-sign Fish to a one year vet min deal
5. Split the MLE between C.J Watson/Steve Blake/Chris Duhon and Anthony Morrow/Kyle Korver
6. Bring over Chinemelu Elonu if possible (if not, re-sign Mbenga)
Lineup for next year:
Bynum/Elonu or Mbenga
We would be filling up all 15 roster spots which admittedly doesn't give us much flexibility but we rarely will use an extra roster space anyway. Prince and Freddette will be spending most of their time with the D-Fenders. Fisher would be limited to starting the 1st and 3rd quarters and clutch situations.
These moves give us:
-Players that can spread the floor so that teams dont bog down in the paint against us
-Intriguing prospects with all of our draft choices
-More hustle and energy hopefully with Elonu (ala Ibaka with the Thunder?)
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests