Offseason Trade Idea (Indy)

Offseason Trade Idea (Indy)

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:31 am

I know we are still chasing a ring now, but it never hurts to think about the future, especially when our front office is doing the same (Vlad trade).

Adam Morrison and Jordan Farmar ($9,005,586) for Jeff Foster and Jarrett Jack ($8,933,131).

Pacers co-owner Herb Simon said on Tuesday that he wants to keep the team in Indianapolis, but admitted that he can no longer afford the operating expenses at Conseco Fieldhouse or the team's yearly financial losses.

Source

Although the Pacers are high on Jack, they have to make some financial decisions to help save the franchise. This move can potentially save the Pacers ten million dollars while also giving them another young PG to play alongside Ford. The Lakers become a much tougher team on the inside (Foster is a solid post defender and a hell of a rebounder) and they FINALLY get a PG that could thrive in the system. L.A. trades Morrison's expiring contract and takes on Foster's contract which runs one year longer at 6.6 million. However, we are currently scheduled to pay 77 million next season, and the season with Foster and Jack's added contracts only have us at 70 million. We'd be right around 77 million most likely with Ariza being re-signed, so financially (not considering the economy), this deal does not cripple Buss.

You wouldn't really have to sign Odom after a trade like this either. With Powell showing great improvement, I'd be comfortable letting Odom walk if we had a big rotation of Foster, Gasol, Bynum, Powell.

C - Bynum/Foster/(Gasol)
PF - Gasol/Powell/(Foster)
SF - Walton/Ariza/(Bryant)
SG - Bryant/Vujacic
PG - Fisher/Jack

Add a few veterans and presto.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Re: Offseason Trade Idea (Indy)

Postby rambo22 on Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:56 am

no way no how just no period
rambo22

Postby therealdeal on Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:36 pm

I don't know... I'm sort of partial right now to developing Mbenga into a true bench player, same with Brown. I like Foster though, and if there's a chance to get him, I'd probably pull the trigger. I'm not all that into Jack, but anything is better than Jordan right now.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:47 pm

I can see Jack being a starter on this team. I wanted him badly in the 2005 draft. He would be perfect for L.A. in halfcourt sets, he's starting to become a respectable 3 ball shooter, and he has great size (6'3'', 200 pounds) to go along with his physical defensive nature. I think adding him and moving Fisher to the bench helps the team tremendously. Leadership to the bench, a better fit to the starting line-up. Fisher plays at the end of games.

I think the economy is going to force teams to make trades that only benefit them financially. While it's entirely possible that Mitch can ship out Morrison for a better player (because I'm sure he could), I think we need to consider packages that give us depth and veteran play. I'd love Foster as a back-up center. If Mbenga plays like he has been he's probably a moot player to acquire, but we can't really bank on DJ wetting jumpers all day and making incredible blocks all the time. When it gets down to it, you want a veteran player when the games really matter. Veteran teams win titles. Boston was old as hell, the Spurs are ancient, and the 3-Peat Lakers were full of old talent (although not as much as others).

Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby Larry14r on Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:21 am

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:I can see Jack being a starter on this team. I wanted him badly in the 2005 draft. He would be perfect for L.A. in halfcourt sets, he's starting to become a respectable 3 ball shooter, and he has great size (6'3'', 200 pounds) to go along with his physical defensive nature. I think adding him and moving Fisher to the bench helps the team tremendously. Leadership to the bench, a better fit to the starting line-up. Fisher plays at the end of games.

I think the economy is going to force teams to make trades that only benefit them financially. While it's entirely possible that Mitch can ship out Morrison for a better player (because I'm sure he could), I think we need to consider packages that give us depth and veteran play. I'd love Foster as a back-up center. If Mbenga plays like he has been he's probably a moot player to acquire, but we can't really bank on DJ wetting jumpers all day and making incredible blocks all the time. When it gets down to it, you want a veteran player when the games really matter. Veteran teams win titles. Boston was old as hell, the Spurs are ancient, and the 3-Peat Lakers were full of old talent (although not as much as others).

And if we do that then our 1st round pick is going to be for a SF.
Larry14r

Postby koolkobe on Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:58 am

i dont think the lakers would want Jeff Foster's contract
it's the same as Vlad and we traded him for trash
koolkobe

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:57 am

lakerswiz wrote:No way Indy does this. I would be jumping for joy if this went down though.

Don't underestimate the state of the economy. They are losing money HARD and this move really doesn't hinder their progression as a franchise.

Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby leakbrewergator on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:36 am

I personally wouldn't give up Farmar for any other PG in the league. (Except D-Will and CP3, but that's unreasonable.) The guy is the Lakers PG for years to come.

Miami ThreeTARDS- Duh Wayne 'Fraid, Piss Posh, LeBrat Shames
leakbrewergator

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:41 am

^ Sarcasm?

Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby funkychunky on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:44 am

leakbrewergator wrote:I personally wouldn't give up Farmar for any other PG in the league. (Except D-Will and CP3, but that's unreasonable.) The guy is the Lakers PG for years to come.

I've supported Jordan ever since we drafted him, but there are definitely other PGs out there (other than D-Will and CP3) that I'd trade him for. Jarrett Jack being one of them.
funkychunky

Postby khmrP on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:46 pm

DO IT! bust out that want one more time Mitch!
khmrP

Postby 10scott10 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:59 pm

I would do that in a second
10scott10

Postby crazylakerfanforlife on Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:55 pm

resign ariza, odom, and shannon brown
trade farmar, sun yue, and morrison(almost 10 mil off the books) for salmons or stephen jackson or luol deng

fish/brown/1st round pick
kobe/sasha/ 2nd round pick
salmons/ariza/walton
gasol/odom/powell
bynum/mbenga/2nd round pick via bobcats
crazylakerfanforlife

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas