Our PG of the future

Our PG of the future

Postby Doberman on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:52 pm

We need to sign this kid:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog ... ol-wp10447

He is 12, stands 5-foot-4 and weighs just 120 pounds. He looks like any other kid on a middle school bus. Still, don't let the sixth grader-next-door image fool you: Damon Harge is rapidly gaining a reputation as one of the best young high school point guards in the country.

Yes, high school. Despite his age, as highlighted by ESPN.com, Harge is competing at the high school level in North Carolina, and he's torching the opposition. A year after getting national attention for dominating any and all middle school comers -- he averaged 35 points as a fifth grader playing against student athletes three years older than himself -- Harge is now suiting up for Creedmor (N.C.) Christian Faith Center Academy, where he faces off against some of the top prep basketball programs in the county … as a sixth grader.....

........Admittedly, that's a lot of hype for any pre-teen to handle. Still, those are the kind of things that happen when a player drops 50 points at a national invitational tournament in front of former number one NBA draft pick John Wall, who immediately emerged as Harge's biggest fan and ally.

"The kid was unguardable," Wall told ESPN.com. "I knew right away he was a star. I just wanted him to continue to work hard.

"All of this is too serious for a 12-year-old kid. He should be concentrating on having fun, but, at the same time, I understand why it's happening. What's he gonna say, 'No thanks, I don't want to be ranked right now?' Plus, I'd be shocked if there's a player that's more skilled than him at his age. It's not wrong and it's not his fault. Basketball isn't the only sport that ranks kids early. It's just the day and age we live in."

Harge is already leaving his impact across a large swath of the basketball portion of that world as it is. Williams, who once coached John Wall and is well acquainted with molding young phenoms, said that the sixth grader's work ethic is what makes him stand out. The 12-year-old wakes up at 4:30 every morning and puts up an average of 6,500 shots per week. "With that high volume of shots the muscle memory is ridiculous," Williams told ESPN.

Last edited by Doberman on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doberman

Re: Our PG of the future

Postby Doberman on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:54 pm

Doberman

Postby Doberman on Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:00 pm

We could sign him as a FA. Let him continue playing HS prep and AAU til he's around 15 or 16. Then send him to the D-league for 2-3 years, and then bring him on our roster when he's 19. But we have to secure his rights first.
Doberman

Postby kray28 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:25 pm

Not sure if serious. But we actually cannot sign him as a free agent.
kray28

Postby Phil XI on Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:14 pm

Trade the TPE for the kid. You know Creedmor Christian Faith Center Academy would do backflips with a 8,900,000 windfall! The Kid is practically LA's as we speak folks :jam2:
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas