pau and kidd

pau and kidd

Postby 24kobe24bryant24 on Mon May 07, 2007 7:44 pm

is there anyway that would could get pau and kid, along with keeping 1 of the big three(kwame, bynum, odom)???
24kobe24bryant24

Re: pau and kidd

Postby LakersChamps04 on Tue May 08, 2007 5:12 am

24kobe24bryant24 wrote:is there anyway that would could get pau and kid, along with keeping 1 of the big three(kwame, bynum, odom)???

that would be great...but in order to get them..we'd part with odom for sure...i'd rather get gasol instead of Kidd if it meant we'd keep odom..cause we can't get it done with just 2..and kidd will be 35...who knows how long his knees will keep up..opposed to odom being 27..a trio of kobe/gasol/odom would be dominant for sure...gasol would be perfect for the triangle..very intelligent player..good passing skills..very polished offensive game...his Defense is underrated..gets you about 2 blocks a game

a trade of Bynum/Kwame/picks for Gasol should be sufficient enough..they get a young prospect in Bynum...superstar "potential" and a expiring contract from kwame

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... s=13~29~29
LakersChamps04

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Tue May 08, 2007 5:51 am

^ I think to myself that obtaining Gasol and keeping Odom is the right thing to do. But, he just not the anchor we need.

However, offensively, Gasol/Odom/Kobe/Walton/Farmar(or MLE) is very nice. Great passing.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby lakers2407 on Tue May 08, 2007 6:36 am

i don't see that happening, if we get at least one of those two with giving up those mentioned i'd be happy
lakers2407

Postby LakersChamps04 on Tue May 08, 2007 8:44 am

lakers2407 wrote:i don't see that happening, if we get at least one of those two with giving up those mentioned i'd be happy

really?..u would be pleased with getting 35 year old Jason Kidd with his knees and big contract?
LakersChamps04

Postby lakers2407 on Tue May 08, 2007 6:53 pm

LakersChamps04 wrote:
lakers2407 wrote:i don't see that happening, if we get at least one of those two with giving up those mentioned i'd be happy

really?..u would be pleased with getting 35 year old Jason Kidd with his knees and big contract?

hell ya without giving up LO or Bynum , where do i sign .
lakers2407

Postby Ed Guru on Wed May 09, 2007 3:19 am

Kidd in a heart-beat. But I honestly feel we've missed the boat on Kidd. The opportunity was there but the price was too high for management - only time will tell whether that was a good call or a big mistake..
..with the sharpness..
Ed Guru

Postby wavy on Wed May 09, 2007 9:50 am

we have a better chance to get kidd then gasol without giving up odom. the grizzlies won't take bynum IMHO since they got the first pick this year and they can get oden with that (unless they wanna get durant) and don't need a center IMO.
wavy

Postby LakersChamps04 on Wed May 09, 2007 9:55 am

lakers2407 wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

hell ya without giving up LO or Bynum , where do i sign .

umm..the question was with keepin at least ONE of the big three KWAME/ODOM/BYNUM...so no matter what...either odom or bynum would be moved...and that would be retarded of management to do...rent kidd for 2 seasons...what do you do after the 2 years whe kidds knees are shot??
LakersChamps04

Postby nameant on Wed May 09, 2007 10:26 am

probably not possible to get both regardless but if you had to give up one of the 3 for that combo, you do it in a heartbeat. we'd be instant contenders.
nameant

Postby LA-gone-SA on Wed May 09, 2007 11:15 am

If Memphis gets second pick there getting durant! Celtic fans want oden! so bynum would be wanted! this trade is most likely now that Mr West is gone! Question is: will they sign a big name coach that wants to keep proven C talent! over mediocre Kwame and unproven Bynum? i say they win either way! U gettin a lineup with raw talent regardless! so bynum wouldnt be such a huge negative!
Jones
durant
Gay
warrick
Bynum

gasol 13.6 mill! this whole starting lineup for under 12 mill! id do it if i ran Memphis!
LA-gone-SA

Postby FlyWhiteGuyE on Wed May 09, 2007 3:00 pm

The thing about Kidd is that he's got an expensive contract, but it's only for two years. If the Lakers picked him up, whether injuries hobbled him or not, they could let him go in two years. Kidd can then go off into the sunset of retirement or sign a smaller deal with the Lakers if he's still up to code. Maybe move to a more old school Laker veteran role. You know how much Phil loves his veterans. That's something the Lakers have sorely missed since the team was last blown up. I miss Big Shot Bob, Fisher, Harper and Grant...

Anyways, after Kidd's two years we got cap space again for a new start. When's LeBron's contract expiring...?
FlyWhiteGuyE

Postby LakersChamps04 on Wed May 09, 2007 3:55 pm

FlyWhiteGuyE wrote:The thing about Kidd is that he's got an expensive contract, but it's only for two years. If the Lakers picked him up, whether injuries hobbled him or not, they could let him go in two years. Kidd can then go off into the sunset of retirement or sign a smaller deal with the Lakers if he's still up to code. Maybe move to a more old school Laker veteran role. You know how much Phil loves his veterans. That's something the Lakers have sorely missed since the team was last blown up. I miss Big Shot Bob, Fisher, Harper and Grant...

Anyways, after Kidd's two years we got cap space again for a new start. When's LeBron's contract expiring...?

see this is the thing..people aren't realizing that with bynum or odom..we can get something that'll last us more than just 2 years..get it through yall heads!!!
LakersChamps04

Postby FlyWhiteGuyE on Thu May 10, 2007 12:31 pm

O, I agree with you. If, between Odom and Bynum, we're only going to let go of one of them, we should go for more than just Kidd. If we're trading both of them, then I can see trading for both one big man (KG/JO/PG) and one wee man (JK).

In all honesty I think Odom would be a lot better on a different team. Somewhere where he can hold the ball more. I like Bynum, but his work ethic just plain sucks. He needs to get his act together or we need to sell him off before his market value plummets.
FlyWhiteGuyE

Postby D Nice on Thu May 10, 2007 6:42 pm

Sure, small chance but if everything goes right we could look like this...

1. Kwame Brown, Andrew Bynum, 19th Pick for Pau Gasol
2. Odom, Cook for Kidd, Robinson
3. MLE Jamaal Magloire
4. VM Jalen Rose, VM Laron Profit

PG: Kidd/Farmar/Sasha
SG: Kobe/Evans/Profit
SF: Luke/Vlad/Rose
PF: Gasol/Turiaf/Cliff
Cc: Magloire/Mihm

Maybe they ask for Farmar in the trade. If so, he could be dealt but then we'd ask for Boone back. Gives us more center depth. PG behind Kidd can be filled with VM fodder, such as Rose, Profit, Devin Green, etc.
D Nice

Postby Johnnyboy on Thu May 10, 2007 6:47 pm

wavy wrote:we have a better chance to get kidd then gasol without giving up odom. the grizzlies won't take bynum IMHO since they got the first pick this year and they can get oden with that (unless they wanna get durant) and don't need a center IMO.

If I were the Grizzlies I would trade Pau for kwame and Bynum. (dont know if salaries match) You get a expiring contract in Kwame. Which gives you more $ for free agency. Then you get bynum for cheap. with lots of upside. You draft durant. You can have Durant,Bynum,Gay as the best young line up in the league, while still having money to pick up some vets. (Billups)
Johnnyboy

Postby Blkhorse on Sat May 12, 2007 1:21 pm

is there anyways we can get pau without giving up lamar or bynum??? something in the likes of kwame vlad 19th pick +fillers???
Blkhorse

Postby Johnnyboy on Sat May 12, 2007 1:35 pm

^^I'm no expert, but no. Maybe if Gasol and Memphis hated each other and they just wanted to part ways ASAP. Maybe. But trust me on this. If we can get Pau for Kwame and Bynum +19 then we are instant contenders.

Farmar
Kobe
Odom
Pau
Walton
Johnnyboy

Postby D Nice on Sat May 12, 2007 4:53 pm

Johnnyboy wrote:^^I'm no expert, but no. Maybe if Gasol and Memphis hated each other and they just wanted to part ways ASAP. Maybe. But trust me on this. If we can get Pau for Kwame and Bynum +19 then we are instant contenders.

Farmar
Kobe
Odom
Pau
Walton
you still need to move odom and get a center. that team would play 0 defense
D Nice

Postby Schizophrenic on Sun May 13, 2007 8:28 am

D Nice wrote:
Johnnyboy wrote:^^I'm no expert, but no. Maybe if Gasol and Memphis hated each other and they just wanted to part ways ASAP. Maybe. But trust me on this. If we can get Pau for Kwame and Bynum +19 then we are instant contenders.

Farmar
Kobe
Odom
Pau
Walton
you still need to move odom and get a center. that team would play 0 defense

Partially agreed. I think they'd make an effort on defense, but Odom's undersized at 4, and Gasol's undersized at 5. Big guys would have field days on them. Considering we're in a conference so stacked at the 4 that Randolph at 25/10 couldn't get all-star consideration, we'd be hurting, early and often. The tri would have to be run to absolute perfection, or else have Jason Kidd running the point so you could be Suns 2.0 or you wouldn't win too many games. Even then, playoffs would potentially be an exercise in pain.
Schizophrenic

Postby CrazyTury on Sun May 13, 2007 10:31 am

Farmar
Kobe
Odom
Pau
Walton

Very smart team. But we can't get Pau without Odom. Also as some said we still need a center. KG can do it but Pau can't play center position. That way;

Farmar
Kobe
Odom
Gasol
???(Bynum)

Any recommendation for ???
CrazyTury

Postby Johnnyboy on Mon May 14, 2007 3:25 pm

^Why not? Bynum+Kwame match up in salaries.+19.
They get a young center with tremendous upside.
An expiring K.
And a 1st round pick in a deep draft.

We can even trade Bynum,kwame+19 for Pau
And Odom for Artest+filler.

farmar/MLE
Kobe
Artest
Gasol
Walton

And who says Pau can't play center? He's a 7 footer who average 20/10 and 2.1 blocks per game. He's not a defensive guru, but he is definatley under rated as far as his D. Heck you can use the MLE to sign a defensive big mand with no offense. Just for certain Match ups.
Johnnyboy

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas