People who are truly availible ..that we can get

People who are truly availible ..that we can get

Postby flexxdzl on Mon May 15, 2006 10:52 pm

Kmart..but i don't have an article for him...

There's also Shawn Marion. The talk around the NBA is the Suns will be willing to listen very carefully for offers for Marion this summer with Amare Stoudemire and Kurt Thomas due back, Boris Diaw fitting into Marion's role and the possibility of re-signing Tim Thomas. They probably can't re-sign Tim Thomas, which owner Robert Sarver says is essential, without some changes to avoid paying a luxury tax. Marion will average about $16 million for the next three seasons and isn't the perfect player, especially in a half-court game. But the Bulls' movement offense should give him a chance to flourish and he's a hard worker and relentless defender. The Bulls are said to like LSU's Thomas, who is most likened to Marion. So if the real thing is available, why not take a shot? Marion probably would cost the better of the first-rounders and a player, probably Chandler, who might fit in the Suns' open-style game as Tim Thomas has. But the Bulls still could have money in free agency to get a center like Nazr Mohammed or Joel Przybilla. It's probably worth a look. Why wait when the Bulls can make a serious move into contention next season and not dramatically change their core?

Plan C?

The other big name that comes up often is the Pacers' Jermaine O'Neal. There's no chance they'd trade him in the division, and probably little chance they'd trade him at all. He'll be 28 next season, and there are few stars available anyway. Much around him will change because the Pacers seem to have bottomed out from three years of Artest-related mayhem.

"There was just so much negativity going around, it got contagious," said Stephen Jackson, who probably was the biggest offender. "People were talking about one another. The team wasn't always together. It was an up-and-down rocky year."

Even general manager Larry Bird admitted the players tuned out coach Rick Carlisle, and clearly one another. Figure Jackson to be gone for just about anything as well as point guard Jamaal Tinsley. Anthony Johnson and Sarunas Jasikevicius would take their places. O'Neal gives them a chance to get back into contention, and the Pacers don't need to rebuild in the East because they'll probably bring back Peja Stojakovic and aren't that far away with some attitude adjustment.

Don't read too much into Hawks SF Al Harrington's being spotted at Staples Center during the Lakers-Suns series. He owns a summer place in L.A., but that doesn't mean he's going to sign on with the Lakers or Clippers. "I was here all last summer, and no one said a word," he says. In other words, the Bulls and Knicks remain at the top of his wish list, but he'll probably make a few more visits than that. . . .

Harrington may be the most coveted free agent, but the guy whose price has climbed highest during this postseason is Kings SG Bonzi Wells. Gregg Popovich says he was the toughest cover the Spurs had all year. . . .

There ain't no way you guys are keeping Joel (Przybilla),'' Stoudamire said. "He ain't coming back. There are teams lining up to get him.''

Przybilla, of course, becomes a free agent on July 1. The most the Blazers - and most teams except for Toronto, Atlanta and Chicago for that matter - can offer is the mid-level exception, which figures to be in the $5 million a year range. The mid-level exception is given to teams that are over th
flexxdzl

Postby KAMILLION on Tue May 16, 2006 7:38 am

I would rather wait than over pay to pick up one of those players. I just don't think they are what the Lakers really need. (except J.O. but that's not happening)
KAMILLION

Postby trodgers on Tue May 16, 2006 8:12 am

List of top 25 FAs according to...some dude.

1. Ben Wallace, PF/C, Detroit
2. Jason Terry, PG, Dallas
3. Peja Stojakovic, SF, Indiana (Player option)
4. Al Harrington, PF, Atlanta
5. Mike James, Toronto (Player option)
6. Chris Wilcox, PF, Seattle (Restricted)
7. Nene, PF/C, Denver (Restricted)
8. Drew Gooden, PF, Cleveland (Restricted)
9. Bonzi Wells, SG/SF, Sacramento
10. Matt Harpring, SG/SF, Utah
11. Joel Przybilla, C, Portland
12. Ronald Murray, Cleveland
13. Speedy Claxton, PG, New Orleans
14. Vladimir Radmanovic, SF/PF, LA Clippers
15. Jared Jeffries, Washington (Restricted)
16. James Posey, SG/SF, Miami (Player option)
17. Nazr Mohammed, C, San Antonio
18. Reggie Evans, PF, Denver
19. Keith Van Horn, SF/PF, Dallas
20. Sam Cassell, PG, LA Clippers
21. Alonzo Mourning, Miami
22. Fred Jones, Indiana (Restricted)
23. Ruben Patterson, Denver (Player option)
24. Bobby Jackson, PG/SG, Memphis
25. Francisco Elson, Denver (Restricted)
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby trodgers on Tue May 16, 2006 8:41 am

I've removed guys who will likely activate player options (Posey, Patterson, Peja) and guys who will make more than MLE (Wallace, Mike James (or he'd activate his Player Option and ask for a trade), Harrington. So here is the following list, broken down by positions we need; last season's salary in parentheses:

PG (or Triangle Guard at least)
2. Jason Terry, PG, Dallas (7.5M)
13. Speedy Claxton, PG, New Orleans (3.6M)
20. Sam Cassell, PG, LA Clippers (6.2M)
22. Fred Jones, Indiana (Restricted) (3.2M--QO)
24. Bobby Jackson, PG/SG, Memphis (3.4)
NR. Marcus Banks, PG, Minnesota (1.7)

PF
6. Chris Wilcox, PF, Seattle (Restricted) (3.6--QO)
7. Nene, PF/C, Denver (Restricted) (4.1--QO)
8. Drew Gooden, PF, Cleveland (Restricted) (5.4--QO)
14. Vladimir Radmanovic, SF/PF, LA Clippers (3.1)
18. Reggie Evans, PF, Denver (1.1)
19. Keith Van Horn, SF/PF, Dallas (Lots)

I wonder if Banks would take the LLE (around 1.7M). Because if we could sign Wilcox, Nene, Gooden, Vlad, or Evans for the MLE, that would be huge. Actually, maybe Banks and Evans would split the MLE.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

PG

Postby ibleedyellownpurple on Tue May 16, 2006 9:13 am

Dont we really need a point guard who can shoot i mean thats what phils always had, before smush parker, for example we could get Bobby Jackson who is a proven scorer and can realy help distribute the ball around.
2007-2008
C-Andrew Bynum
PF- Kwame Brown
SF- Lamar Odom
SG- Kobe Bryant
PG- Lebron James
6th- LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE!
ibleedyellownpurple

Re: PG

Postby trodgers on Tue May 16, 2006 11:45 am

ibleedyellownpurple wrote:Dont we really need a point guard who can shoot i mean thats what phils always had, before smush parker, for example we could get Bobby Jackson who is a proven scorer and can realy help distribute the ball around.

Well, Smush didn't shoot poorly from the 3pt line...I think this team needs defense. The Bulls could afford a slightly less skilled PG defender because they had Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman...three of the best defenders in the league...ever. We don't have that yet.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby akvohra on Tue May 16, 2006 12:50 pm

i think peja said he wasnt picking up his player option.
akvohra

Postby ibleedyellownpurple on Tue May 16, 2006 1:46 pm

Well, Smush didn't shoot poorly from the 3pt line...I think this team needs defense. The Bulls could afford a slightly less skilled PG defender because they had Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman...three of the best defenders in the league...ever. We don't have that yet.

This is true but look at what happened when we put smush on steve nash and then look at what the clippers have done. we NEEEEEEED defense! if we could have even come close to containing steve nash we would be playing the clips right now. so what is a key for us is either to sign or draft(dee brown) for a pg defender because we dont have like u said a sold one on one defender like the bulls.
2007-2008
C-Andrew Bynum
PF- Kwame Brown
SF- Lamar Odom
SG- Kobe Bryant
PG- Lebron James
6th- LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE!
ibleedyellownpurple

Postby Savage1 on Tue May 16, 2006 2:16 pm

akvohra wrote:i think peja said he wasnt picking up his player option.

Yeah, he did say that. He also said that he hopes to be a Pacer for the rest of his career, for what that's worth. Also, Mike James said that he wants to be a Rocket, and they aren't under the cap so he would either take the MLE or a sign and trade.
Savage1

Postby eNlight on Tue May 16, 2006 8:57 pm

if we can get a legit pg in the draft, i say we get nazr mohammad. smush is going to get better, and hopefully works out with kobe in the summer.
eNlight

Postby Dizzmal on Tue May 16, 2006 11:39 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:I've removed guys who will likely activate player options (Posey, Patterson, Peja) and guys who will make more than MLE (Wallace, Mike James (or he'd activate his Player Option and ask for a trade), Harrington. So here is the following list, broken down by positions we need; last season's salary in parentheses:

PG (or Triangle Guard at least)
2. Jason Terry, PG, Dallas (7.5M)
13. Speedy Claxton, PG, New Orleans (3.6M)
20. Sam Cassell, PG, LA Clippers (6.2M)
22. Fred Jones, Indiana (Restricted) (3.2M--QO)
24. Bobby Jackson, PG/SG, Memphis (3.4)
NR. Marcus Banks, PG, Minnesota (1.7)

PF
6. Chris Wilcox, PF, Seattle (Restricted) (3.6--QO)
7. Nene, PF/C, Denver (Restricted) (4.1--QO)
8. Drew Gooden, PF, Cleveland (Restricted) (5.4--QO)
14. Vladimir Radmanovic, SF/PF, LA Clippers (3.1)
18. Reggie Evans, PF, Denver (1.1)
19. Keith Van Horn, SF/PF, Dallas (Lots)

I wonder if Banks would take the LLE (around 1.7M). Because if we could sign Wilcox, Nene, Gooden, Vlad, or Evans for the MLE, that would be huge. Actually, maybe Banks and Evans would split the MLE.

Obviously our best case scenerio would be Terry and Drew Gooden, but we need to think realistically. Jason Terry on the verge of a championship in Dallas, and it would be highly unlikely that he would bolt out after this year. Here's my run.

Bobby Jackson - Excellent scoring, good defense, decent enough distribution, size and veteran leadership. The guy just plain knows his role, and has plenty of experience. Still in very good health and would be a great fit for Phil Jackson and the triangle offense. Would be a good option, and at this point in his career, he'd probably take the minimal dollars to join a good ballclub. And the Lakers have that potential. Hey, Jimmy Jackson joined us...

Marcus Banks - Love his defense, love his hustle, love his potential, but I don't love the fact that he's demanding so much money.
Dizzmal

Postby TaniBoyz on Wed May 17, 2006 3:44 am

If we can get Bobby Jackson

then we will have Phil Jackson, Jimmy Jackson, and Bobby Jackson
TaniBoyz

Re: PG

Postby L8KERS4LIFE on Wed May 17, 2006 12:56 pm

ibleedyellownpurple wrote:Dont we really need a point guard who can shoot i mean thats what phils always had, before smush parker, for example we could get Bobby Jackson who is a proven scorer and can realy help distribute the ball around.

I disagree! I think you do need a PG that can shoot because it keeps the defense honest. When you have a guy that is not a threat they can double Kobe or Lamar why to easily. You want a PG that does not always look to shoot, but that can shoot the ball and be consistant. It makes it easier for the rest of the team.
L8KERS4LIFE

Postby Satan on Wed May 17, 2006 12:58 pm

TaniBoyz wrote:If we can get Bobby Jackson

3 down, 2 to go!
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby kobethegod on Thu May 18, 2006 8:23 am

I say Speedy Claxton is better, height really not that tall , but he can penetrate, dish , scorer and play defense. And yes he can shoot the ball as well.
kobethegod

Postby trodgers on Thu May 18, 2006 8:26 am

kobethegod wrote:I say Speedy Claxton is better, height really not that tall , but he can penetrate, dish , scorer and play defense. And yes he can shoot the ball as well.
He has no outside shot at all...which is really unfortunate, because otherwise, he'd be at the top of my list of availables.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby kobe fan23 on Thu May 18, 2006 2:15 pm

i like either J.T. or Sam...dey can both shoot da ball 4rm beyon da arc, even though J.T. isnt good defensively at all.
wen KOBE's hot the rest of the league is like Ray Charles....cuz they can't see him!!!
kobe fan23

Postby kobe fan23 on Thu May 18, 2006 2:17 pm

at da PF i like Vlad's outside shot, but da on the other i also like Evans because he hustles and he can crash da boards.
wen KOBE's hot the rest of the league is like Ray Charles....cuz they can't see him!!!
kobe fan23

Postby flexxdzl on Thu May 18, 2006 5:03 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:.

Melvin Ely Or wilcox..at PF..or boozer by trade..

Banks..Terry....or Still I think a trade From the WIZ for AD..I still like him for the type of system we run..
flexxdzl

Postby trips on Thu May 18, 2006 5:45 pm

I know this is 100% pipe but Big Ben and Kobe together would be a site to see. Realistically Flip is available, if Trevor Ariza could be signed he could help our club defensively. Also with Rush we can have a bench player who knows the offense and can score in that second unit.
trips

Postby kobe fan23 on Fri May 19, 2006 9:17 am

i like Boozer but 4 who? Banks is wack, AD is washed up and outta da 3 PG's named i like JT da best bcuz he can shoot,but d-fensively he needs a lot of work....Rush wood b good 4 our offence bcuz he knos it.
kobe fan23

Postby lizlakers31 on Fri May 19, 2006 11:41 am

Satan wrote:

3 down, 2 to go!
what about michael jackson?
Proud Member of Team FARMAR!!!
lizlakers31

Postby kobe fan23 on Fri May 19, 2006 3:04 pm

hell ya he can play da point 4 us. :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
kobe fan23

Postby High IQ on Fri May 19, 2006 3:12 pm

lizlakers31 wrote:
Satan wrote:

3 down, 2 to go!
what about michael jackson?

or Samuel L?
High IQ

Postby kobe fan23 on Fri May 19, 2006 7:53 pm

i hope he can shoot as good as he can act.
kobe fan23

Next

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas