My personal offseason and future moves

My personal offseason and future moves

Postby lakerdynasties on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:07 am

This is my opinion that the Lakers should do this year and next year's offseason.

Trade Mihm for Duhon & #16 pick

LAL: great for them because they get a defensive player in Duhon at the point and the #16 pick to assure them of getting
Marcus Vinicius. http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=50
I believe he would be perfect for the triangle. Then draft
Diaz http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=41 or
Bobby Brown http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=561
at the #26 pick as fast scoring point guards.

Parker/Duhon/#26
Kobe/Profit/Wafer
Vinicius or Walton/Green
Odom/Turiaf/MLE
Brown/Bynum

or

Parker/Duhon/#26
Kobe/Profit/Wafer
Odom/Walton/Vinicius/Green
Turiaf/MLE
Brown/Bynum

Since next offseason there is great players to try to sign in free agency such as Wade, Lebron, Bosh and others.

Since Wade & Lebron needs to be the leader of their team, I would try to get Bosh and will probally cost us less then Wade or Lebron. Phil already expressed an interest in him.javascript:emoticon(':phil1:')
phil1 That can give you a line up of:

Parker/Duhon/#26
Kobe/Profit/Wafer
Bosh/Turiafjavascript:emoticon(':turiaf:')
turiaf
Brown/Bynum

most likely some of these players won't be in the line up at that point. But having Kobe, Odom & Vinicius, Bosh & Turiaf, Bynum and one of those combo guards we picked at #26, will give us a great team now and in the future. The point guard position is what will make us or break us hopefully Smush, Vujacic or the #26 pick will become a great point guard.

javascript:emoticon(':ball1:')
ball1
lakerdynasties

Postby FutureLakerGM on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:33 am

I like the scenarios, but it seems like chicago is giving up too much for Mihm.

I would actually perfer Bosh in 08 over Lebron or Wade. Bosh would fit in the triangle. Bosh / Kwame in the front court looks very promising. *crosses my fingers* that kwame has a JO like 2nd season after he got traded from Portland.
FutureLakerGM

Postby Rabbit on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:45 am

FutureLakerGM wrote:I like the scenarios, but it seems like chicago is giving up too much for Mihm.

I would actually perfer Bosh in 08 over Lebron or Wade. Bosh would fit in the triangle. Bosh / Kwame in the front court looks very promising. *crosses my fingers* that kwame has a JO like 2nd season after he got traded from Portland.
Yep, I agree. I wouldn't be against adding a couple pieces to the Duhon thing, I'm not sure Chicago would do that. But I like those scenarios. Good job.
KB8@CL wrote:In Buss I trust.

Rabbit

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:12 pm

Sounds great, but unfortunately unrealistic... :bang:
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby kb the assassin on Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:48 pm

yeah i like the idea too but it is unrealistic especially with mitch as you gm
kb the assassin

Postby lakerdynasties on Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:21 pm

Hopefully it wouldn't be unrealistic because it would work with their plan to get a great player next year. We wouldn't have to be stuck with other players with huge contracts (Miles rumor). Even though I think Miles and Blake could prosper with the Lakers, but will kill our chances with Bosh. Bosh gives us a depth to our team.

There are many rumors out there but this trade makes sense with the kind of thinking Mitch has. Mitch has a resposibility to make the franchise better now and competative in the future. I don't think they will make any major moves except this one or the miles, blake #30 trade. I think they like their team that made it to the playoffs this year. The key is how much progression Turiaf and Bynum makes. Smush had good numbers last year, I think they will work with him on lateral quickness and confidence with the system. Remember that was his first year with the system, I think he did well. Choking in the playoffs will help him to work harder on areas of need (shooting, lateral quickness and most importantly self confidence). They all need that type of swagger Kobe has to become a great team.
lakerdynasties

Postby Rabbit on Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:40 pm

I don't think any single one of those moves is that unbelievable. I just can't see a plan coming together that perfectly. I think we should try to get Telfair or Blake instead of Miles. If we have to give up Kwame instead of Mihm or anything else possible like that. If there isn't any solid routes to get Bassy, then I'm all over Duhon.
I can't wait for Bosh.
NBADRAFT.NET Has Vinicius going 28.

Rabbit

Re: My personal offseason and future moves

Postby trodgers on Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:17 pm

lakerdynasties wrote:This is my opinion that the Lakers should do this year and next year's offseason.
There's a thread to do this, but I'll go along with it...

Trade Mihm for Duhon & #16 pick
Seems like someone is getting the short end of the stick, no? Mihm for Duhon AND the pick? Seems unlikely.

Parker/Duhon/#26
Kobe/Profit/Wafer
Vinicius or Walton/Green
Odom/Turiaf/MLE
Brown/Bynum

or

Parker/Duhon/#26
Kobe/Profit/Wafer
Turiaf/MLE
Brown/Bynum

Parker starting over Duhon? Turiaf starting?

Since next offseason there is great players to try to sign in free agency such as Wade, Lebron, Bosh and others.
Your lineup limits you. Kobe, Odom, Kwame come to $42m. Bynum has an option for $2m. Duhon is $3.3m. That's $47.3m, plus someone for the MLE. That's $52-53m. In short, no signing Wade, LeBron, or Bosh.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby lakerdynasties on Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:27 pm

:bang:
Thanks for the input since this trade will negate our 08 plan. Then the only trade that will keep us under the cap will be with the Hornets. They need a center. I can only think of two ways:

LAL trades: Mihm, Cook, & Mckie
gets: Brown and #12 or #15
NO trades: Brown and #12 or #15

or

LAL trades: Mihm, Cook & #26
gets: Norris, #12 & #15
NO trades: Norris, #12 & #15
gets: Mihm, Cook & #26

any thoughts?
lakerdynasties

Postby trodgers on Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:15 pm

I have to be honest...I don't want to be under cap just to be under cap.

I don't see NO trading Brown. NO is in great shape with the cap, and they could remain in good shape in terms of balancing their roster and young players under contract by keeping their pick. I don't see them taking on Mihm (expiring) and McKie (expiring and done for) just for Cook (young, potential for RFA).
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Rabbit on Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:35 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:I have to be honest...I don't want to be under cap just to be under cap.

I don't see NO trading Brown. NO is in great shape with the cap, and they could remain in good shape in terms of balancing their roster and young players under contract by keeping their pick. I don't see them taking on Mihm (expiring) and McKie (expiring and done for) just for Cook (young, potential for RFA).
We want to get under the cap for Bosh. Their are also guys like LeBron, Wade, or Melo, possibly availibe then too.
We have about ZERO chance to get those 3, but Bosh is a strong possibility.

Rabbit

Postby trodgers on Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:16 pm

^It's not a strong possibility...it's not even plausible to be quite honest. I'm not saying that it won't happen, but LA doesn't really have the chance...as you saw with my little salary cap example.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby LUUUKE on Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:48 pm

duhon would start over smush anyday
what's the most resilient parasite?
LUUUKE

Postby KB24 on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:27 pm

With the 16th pick I would get Rondo probably.
KB24
Site Admin

Postby wavy on Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:01 am

bothe deals are great actualy, both give us what we need, but i'm afraid none of them are gonna happen. the chikago deal is not gonna happen cuz the bulls would want more then mihm for duhon and #16 (probably a pic or walton or cook or mckie) the second is likely to happen but are the hornets ready to give us their pics? i mean it's the 15 that is good enough. but i would surely hope we do one of those deals we get what we need and we would have a great season next year.
wavy

Postby MarkMadsen on Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:25 am

i dont find this scenario unrealistic at all. I think Chicago would be willing to give up Duhon and their 16th for Mihm if they really want Mihm. Theyve shown alot of intrest in him. Emplay has hinted it as a possibilty in one of his articles.

Instead of picking Bobby Jones or Diaz, id pick up a big. Best case scenario, hope for Shelden Williams to fall at 16 and hope Vinicius drops at 26.

Duhon/Parker/Sasha
Kobe/Profit/Wafer
Odom/Vinicius/Walton
Williams/Turiaf/Cook
Brown/Bynum

Wed still have the MLE left to spend on some front court help.
MarkMadsen

Postby Flatlyner on Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:27 pm

Why does everyone like Vinicius? Sounds like a Cookie clone. We need some defensive help down low or at point. I would hate to see him drafted at #16 (if the deal happens).
Flatlyner

Postby JSM on Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:59 pm

Flatlyner wrote:Why does everyone like Vinicius? Sounds like a Cookie clone. We need some defensive help down low or at point. I would hate to see him drafted at #16 (if the deal happens).

Are you serious? You need to see more of him then. He has a lot more Diaw in him than he does Cook.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Blkhorse on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:31 pm

JSM wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:Why does everyone like Vinicius? Sounds like a Cookie clone. We need some defensive help down low or at point. I would hate to see him drafted at #16 (if the deal happens).

Are you serious? You need to see more of him then. He has a lot more Diaw in him than he does Cook.

does anybody have a link to his video clips??
Blkhorse

Postby A Rush on Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:35 am

JSM wrote:

I thought one of the knocks on Vinicious was that he doesn't play much D?
A Rush

Postby Funkeed on Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:26 am

A Rush wrote:
JSM wrote:

I thought one of the knocks on Vinicious was that he doesn't play much D?

Like you would know. You don't know shiit about basketball. Just STFU.
Funkeed

Postby Flatlyner on Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:43 am

JSM wrote:

Well I can honestly say I haven't seen much of him. Not many people have. He really sounds like too much of a gamble for the Lakers this year. They gambled enough last year and we still haven't seen if it has paid off. We need a proven player in this draft.
Flatlyner

Postby lakerdynasties on Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:46 am

Just another thought, since some people think NO won't trade Brown. I know the Hornets need a center. Maybe this trade will work on both ends.

LAL trades: Mihm
gets: Norris & #12 or (#15 plus ##43)
NO trades: Norris & #12 or (#15 plus ##43)
gets: Mihm

I think this would work out better. Any thoughts....basically trading Mihm for a draft pick or two.
lakerdynasties

Postby z32 on Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:31 am

lakerdynasties wrote:Just another thought, since some people think NO won't trade Brown. I know the Hornets need a center. Maybe this trade will work on both ends.

LAL trades: Mihm
gets: Norris & #12 or (#15 plus ##43)
NO trades: Norris & #12 or (#15 plus ##43)
gets: Mihm

I think this would work out better. Any thoughts....basically trading Mihm for a draft pick or two.

So basically, your trade comes down to Mihm for Picks. Moochie Norris!? Moochie? lol :man10: No thanks.
z32

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas