portland - laker trade fact or fiction?

Postby everfresh on Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:09 am

If we ever made a deal with Portland hopefully Talfair would be involved....
Got any Rookie basketball cards you wanna sell or trade? Get @ me!
everfresh

Postby dj vitus on Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:09 pm

Any trade involving Darius Miles is a thumbs down.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Black Sheep91 on Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:56 am

dj vitus wrote:Any trade involving Darius Miles is a thumbs down.

:disagree: I think he could break out with the Lakers. He has talent but never uses it. With Phil here he could work his magic.
Black Sheep91
ClubHawks.com Administrator

Postby KAMILLION on Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:32 am

I seriously doubt any trade envolving the #4 pick would go through prior to draft night. Even if the trade has already been agreed apon (highly unlikely), Lakers brass would want to ensure the player they are targeting is still on the board when their pick comes up. Thats just my guess.
KAMILLION

Postby crucifido on Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:35 pm

You can go either way with Miles being positive for the Lakers, but Wilcox?

That guy would be exactly what the doctor ordered for this team. There's no hope in getting him to play here for virtually nothing, but I wouldn't mind seeing him lining up at PF for the Lakers whatsoever.

The only way I do the Miles / Blake deal is if the 4 is involved. But the chances of that are slim. Portland can't be that desperate - can they?

I'd still like to see a veteran PG start for the Lakers next year. The last thing I really want to see is more youth added in - unless it's the level of a Roy who could have an impact right away. But again - the chances of getting the 4 are mighty small.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Re: portland - laker trade fact or fiction?

Postby lakeshow2k4 on Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:28 pm

lakerboy339 wrote:whats up with all the talks that lakers trading mihm, cook, and players and picks to portland for blake, miles and lottery pick (roy) :BDG: . has anybody heard this or something different?

Do we want Blake because he torches us every time we play Portland?
lakeshow2k4

Postby Rabbit on Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:33 pm

I'd rather get Telfair and the 4th than Miles and the 4th.
Let's get another flashy showtime PG.
DO IT MITCH
KB8@CL wrote:In Buss I trust.

Rabbit

Postby Charles on Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:51 pm

I'm very, very, very sure the 4th is out of reach. The Blazers really like Morrison and Aldridge.

It's true that they want Miles out, but they could get much more than Chris Mihm for the 4th pick overall. Yeah, they could use some veterans, but is Chris Mihm the veteran you trade the 4th pick overall (potentially Rudy Gay or Adam Morrison) for? Be realistic fellas.

A more realistic scenario that has been brought up is Mihm, McKie, Cook, and a future 2nd for Miles, Blake, and the 31st.

I'd definetely go after it. I'm definetely for getting Miles, but getting the 31st and a solid 2-way PG seals the deal.
Charles

Previous

Return to Trade and Signing Ideas